phantom 3 adv gimble protector?
1411 13 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The crow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5797 ft
United Kingdom

hi the plastic gimble protector that comes with the p3 adv,is it for everyday use or just used to ship to the shops with from new
as its a bit of a pain to get on and off, i think it could do more damage takeing this off and on all the time
plus the little slot it goes into ,on the side of the gimble housing has the ribbon cable to the camera and you could quite easly keep catching it

is there any better ones you can buy
if so where from

thanks

2017-2-15
Use props
Spikemeister
lvl.1

Canada

I bought this lens cap that holds the camera in place.... Haven't found an actual gimble guard.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/111823857122?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
$_1.JPG
2017-2-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

There are videos that show how to easily attach that clear plastic guard.

Yes you should use it or one like the above suggestion, which is what I have thanks to generous forum member @Rigworker.

Let me grab you one of those helpful videos. Hang on  ;-)

Yes, ok here you go.

Once you apply it a few times, it's easy.

RedHotPoker

2017-2-15
Use props
The crow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5797 ft
United Kingdom

thanks for the vidoes RedHotPoker
my guard is super tight around the camera and into the groove
must be a bad one
might have to see about getting the one that Spikemeister posted
thanks
2017-2-16
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-15 18:56

Yes you should use it or one like the above suggestion, which is what I have thanks to generous forum member @Rigworker.

How could you actually send us a link to the IirxGuy channel? He is absolutely the worst! Loves to hear himself talk and can spend 3 minutes saying what anyone else could say an 3 sentences.
To me he is nails on a chalkboard.
I am only teasing you - but you know it's true ;-)
2017-2-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Rnfaust Posted at 2017-2-17 14:58
How could you actually send us a link to the IirxGuy channel? He is absolutely the worst! Loves to hear himself talk and can spend 3 minutes saying what anyone else could say an 3 sentences.
To me he is nails on a chalkboard.
I am only teasing you - but you know it's true ;-)

Eh, how are you doing? We don't see you posting nearly enough here.

The video in question, it's only his helpful info as the key, not the YouTube channeler. I don't pay any attention to him, only the information shared. It was the first video that came up in the search. So I had shared it with a couple people having trouble with the odd shaped OEM gimbal guard included in our Phantom 3 package.
When I received my kit, my guard was laying at the bottom of the box. Not sure if became disengaged during transport from China, or was simply placed in the box before it was sealed, with a bewildered shipper having the similar difficulty attaching it to the drones gimbal. No matter to me as it has worked fine.
I never noticed if the guy in the video had an irritating manner or voice. Just want the meat and potatoes leaving the gristle and bones for them other hounds and rascals. ;-)
I never pay attention to the thumbs up/down rating on YouTube videos either, as we all have different attitudes, opinions, interests and taste. Humour included!! ;-)
How's your drone?

RedHotPoker

2017-2-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-15 18:56

That first video reminded me of The Dukes of Hazzard
2017-2-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-2-17 15:19
That first video reminded me of The Dukes of Hazzard

Oh? Do you get a lot of American television programming across the large pond?

That's an old show over here. Like Monty Python's Flying Circus on your side... ;-)

But the reruns never stop. Hahaha

We can't get enough of Daisy...

RedHotPoker
2017-2-17
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-17 15:13
Eh, how are you doing? We don't see you posting nearly enough here.

The video in question, it's only his helpful info as the key, not the YouTube channeler. I don't pay any attention to him, only the information shared. It was the first video that came up in the search. So I had shared it with a couple people having trouble with the odd shaped OEM gimbal guard included in our Phantom 3 package.

Doing fine - thanks for asking. I do look through the postings most days, but having had my P3A since May, 2015, I've seen or been part of most of these issues before. And most of you guys get out a great answer long before it crosses my desk. (And I was just teasing you about IrixGuy. I can't imagine you sitting through one of his self absorbing videos.)
You and I seem like the only people on the forum with no P3 problems. Though I did have a video issue a while back (You even commented) that I guessed and replaced the camera/gimbal ribbon cable and completely cured it. Been running top notch ever since.
I also hang out on the Phantom Pilots forum as well. I get email alerts from them when there is activity on a thread I've posted or contributed to.
Hunkered down for the winter?
2017-2-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-17 15:28
Oh? Do you get a lot of American television programming across the large pond?

I've got a good memory, that was 38 years ago now. And there's the odd good one every now and then, I've only just discovered SNL this past couple of weeks on the tube.
2017-2-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Rnfaust Posted at 2017-2-17 16:42
Doing fine - thanks for asking. I do look through the postings most days, but having had my P3A since May, 2015, I've seen or been part of most of these issues before. And most of you guys get out a great answer long before it crosses my desk. (And I was just teasing you about IrixGuy. I can't imagine you sitting through one of his self absorbing videos.)
You and I seem like the only people on the forum with no P3 problems. Though I did have a video issue a while back (You even commented) that I guessed and replaced the camera/gimbal ribbon cable and completely cured it. Been running top notch ever since.
I also hang out on the Phantom Pilots forum as well. I get email alerts from them when there is activity on a thread I've posted or contributed to.

Yes, you have been with your Advanced from around the same time I received my Phantom 3 Pro a couple of years ago. My how time "flies" when we are having fun. Yes, trouble free drones are not a commonality here, only because most folks without problems avoid these popular forums populated with troubled issues and woes. It's been a real pleasure for us both, owning such great RC aircraft.

It never gets boring around here, ever. Yes, even with the flack and fluster about. There are a few real sticks in the muck who continue to look for negatives to share, but if those folks are ignored, it all goes pretty well.  Generally a lot of decent and civil people who tend to all get along pretty well in a public forum open to the world to lurk or participate. You can dive in, or sit on the sidelines and fester.

I prefer to be a part of the lively conversations and really enjoy the bountiful banter. Plenty enough of that to go around in ever widening loops and circles.

Jump in more often, your wisdom and experience is appreciated. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-2-17 17:22
I've got a good memory, that was 38 years ago now. And there's the odd good one every now and then, I've only just discovered SNL this past couple of weeks on the tube.

Yes, many of those older television shows often outshine our current lineup. They seemed to give better humour, the writers were witty and the humour often struck home much closer to the heart .

Admittedly many of my favourite telvision comes from your vicinity, that also include much of the content we can get here from Australian productions. The comedy and drama are fantastic.

Canada falls short, even with some of our best offerings.  ;-)
Most of our best entertainers move south, where the industry offers them much more work and higher pay.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"Most of our best entertainers move south"

That might be true, but the best move to Scotland in the form of Greg Hemphill, and go on to create a classic in the form of 'Still Game'
2017-2-18
Use props
Spikemeister
lvl.1

Canada

Spikemeister Posted at 2017-2-15 18:54
I bought this lens cap that holds the camera in place.... Haven't found an actual gimble guard.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/111823857122?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just received this, works perfect, easier to apply then the factory gimble lock, and adds lens protection
2017-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules