Where is my Mavic?
1225 12 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans83e358a5
lvl.1

United States

Hi DJI,

Long time user, but a little frustrated. I've been flying DJI drones for close to 4 years, never had an issue. I recieved my Mavic, everything seemed great, and during one typical flight, I literally watched the motors stop and it fell right out of the sky. Bad crash to say the least. I tried to report the crash as accurately as possible, and of course it came back as user error. I get it (not really) but what am I going to do? I sent this in over 2 weeks ago. You were REALLY quick to charge me almost $400 for a repair, but now it's been sitting there for over a week and there have been zero updates. My case number is: CAS-427470-X2B5C8. Are there any updates you can offer? I've honestly never dealt with service this slow, and being told that I did something to make it drop out of the sky doesn't bode all that well either.
2017-2-15
Use props
Plowboy1065
lvl.1

United States

Mine did the same and should arrive for repair tomorrow. Fell from 10 ft and flight log did not record the few seconds it was in the air. Started getting the motor overload/ gimbal lock error. Gimbal fails to calibrate so not much I could do but send it in. I have DJI Refresh and really hope I'm not resorted to use it since I literally did nothing at all to cause the motors to just stop
2017-2-15
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, we are still repairing it. Sorry about the delay, I'll notify and repair center and ask them to send you and update and explain the crash.
2017-2-15
Use props
fans83e358a5
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-15 18:57
Hi, we are still repairing it. Sorry about the delay, I'll notify and repair center and ask them to send you and update and explain the crash.

Thanks for responding, DJI-Thor. Are you actually "repairing" these, or just sending out new units? Honestly, pretty disappointing that it had this type of malfunction in under a week out of the box. Not only that, but it looks to be a bare minimum of 3 weeks to a month to even get it back after having to pay almost half the cost of the unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2017-2-15
Use props
Yusef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12146 ft
United States

fans83e358a5 Posted at 2017-2-15 19:11
Thanks for responding, DJI-Thor. Are you actually "repairing" these, or just sending out new units? Honestly, pretty disappointing that it had this type of malfunction in under a week out of the box. Not only that, but it looks to be a bare minimum of 3 weeks to a month to even get it back after having to pay almost half the cost of the unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Of course repairing.  You paid for a repair and you are getting one.  It would be stupid for a company to trash an almost-working drone and give a customer a new one...
2017-2-15
Use props
jgadea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131985 ft
United States

A company should be embarrassed , that a brand new item fails.. Is there no warranty?
2017-2-15
Use props
fansc2962bbc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

I had a similar crash a few weeks ago. All systems working flawlessly until the Mavic suddenly decided to commit suicide . I was sure it was a firmware og software problem and a warranty repair.
No way. DJI analyzed the DAT-files and flight record and the final statement was : The Mavic preformed normal during the flight until the last 2 second when it head on into the dirt. Pilot error or bird attack .
Had to pay 800 $ incl. shipping and tax.
Im so disappointed with DJI´s so called customer service .
2017-2-16
Use props
fans2b75c050
lvl.2

United States

fansc2962bbc Posted at 2017-2-16 05:59
I had a similar crash a few weeks ago. All systems working flawlessly until the Mavic suddenly decided to commit suicide . I was sure it was a firmware og software problem and a warranty repair.
No way. DJI analyzed the DAT-files and flight record and the final statement was : The Mavic preformed normal during the flight until the last 2 second when it head on into the dirt. Pilot error or bird attack .
Had to pay 800 $ incl. shipping and tax.

Wow. Sorry for your loss. Dji needs some help in customer support and service.
2017-2-16
Use props
fans83e358a5
lvl.1

United States

fans2b75c050 Posted at 2017-2-16 06:20
Wow. Sorry for your loss. Dji needs some help in customer support and service.

Thanks all. I totally get having to pay if you destroy an item, but I watched this hover over about 100 feet away, and fall right out of the sky. Just a terrible feeling to have to pay for that, but I have no way of proving what happened. I'm at their mercy. What sucks even more is now I'm a little terrified to fly it when I get it back. I never once had an issue with the original Phantom or Phantom 2. Those were rock solid for years, great drones. C'mon DJI.
2017-2-16
Use props
fans83e358a5
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-15 18:57

DJI-Thor, DJI-Ken? Any updates here? After an initial email saying the crash was my fault, I get an email today saying they actually couldn't retrieve my flight log. So does this mean techs originally said it was my fault from analyzing the data, but when I question them on it, the story changes that they actually weren't able to retrieve them. Kind of shoddy. Can someone PLEASE help me? You were so quick to charge my card, but now I feel like I stuck in some limbo and no one will give a straight answer. I just want to get this drone back that I had for a total of 4 days before it fell out of the sky. PLEASE someone, take notice to this claim. Seems like the only way to get any response is if you start posting to social medial. Please help.
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans83e358a5 Posted at 2017-2-16 15:31
DJI-Thor, DJI-Ken? Any updates here? After an initial email saying the crash was my fault, I get an email today saying they actually couldn't retrieve my flight log. So does this mean techs originally said it was my fault from analyzing the data, but when I question them on it, the story changes that they actually weren't able to retrieve them. Kind of shoddy. Can someone PLEASE help me? You were so quick to charge my card, but now I feel like I stuck in some limbo and no one will give a straight answer. I just want to get this drone back that I had for a total of 4 days before it fell out of the sky. PLEASE someone, take notice to this claim. Seems like the only way to get any response is if you start posting to social medial. Please help.

They have the flight data on the drone itself and probably made the decision based on that. But to get a better overall picture, they're also asking the flight data from your RC's side (stored in your phone/tablet DJI Go app).
2017-2-16
Use props
foot.age
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-16 19:10
They have the flight data on the drone itself and probably made the decision based on that. But to get a better overall picture, they're also asking the flight data from your RC's side (stored in your phone/tablet DJI Go app).

Hi Thor- Everything that I have on the phone is now synched. I do not see that flight on the phone though. Maybe that was one of the issues? Do you (anyone at DJI) know when this will be repaired and returned. It's been in DJI's possession now for more than 10 days.
2017-2-17
Use props
foot.age
lvl.1

United States

This company is ridiculous at best. It's the biggest runaround show I've ever seen. No one can give you a straight answer, a factual update, a solid timeline, nothing. I know it's not the Mod's fault, but just in general there is zero cohesiveness to the service. I sent my Mavic in 18 days ago, they quickly charged my card for repair, and can not answer a single question since regarding what is really happening, the actual flight data, the turnaround of the repair...  I was really hoping the horror stories were few and far between, and maybe they are, but I'm def right in the middle of one. ANY UPDATES? ANYONE?
2017-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules