Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Props and storing Mavic folded....
5268 9 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heyandy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 413009 ft
United States

So I find that after I fold my Mavic, the props are just a bit too "lose" in freely able to spin that makes it a bit of a pain to either put in the Mavic shoulder bag, or a backpack that I have.   Right now I have "solved" this problem by wrapping a larger rubber band around the Mavic after I fold it, this keeps the props nice and tight to the body.

But here is my question, could this be putting too much pressure on the props, or worse, the shafts of the motors and going to cause long term issues?  Although I wonder if this is really an issue as without the rubber band, the Mavic is still in somewhat tight in the shoulder bag, and I suspect there is pressure on the blades and motors while in the bag.

My other option of course is just to take off the props when I go to store the Mavic, although a little more time, it isn't that difficult..   However, this also feels like I may be causing more "wear and tear" in doing so.

I'm just not a fan of the props "flopping" around when I goto to try and put it into storage.

Thoughts?
2017-2-15
Use props
TJAUS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16683 ft
Australia

Perhaps apply a softer binding than a rubber band...a sock or a golf club cover?
2017-2-15
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would say remove them...as you say, it is not that hard to do.  I would be concerned that it would start to "bend" the props a bit causing them to be out of balance or not cutting the air as they should.  Maybe try a Velcro strap?  You could make it as loose/tight as you feel it needs to be.
2017-2-15
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I like this guy's videos and he has a good suggestion for this (starting around 7:00): use a velcro strap instead of a rubber band.

2017-2-16
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

Sounds like you need that vinyl bag from DJI designed to store the mavic in
2017-2-16
Use props
Heyandy
lvl.2
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-16 03:09
I like this guy's videos and he has a good suggestion for this (starting around 7:00): use a velcro strap instead of a rubber band.

DJI Mavic Pro Hints and Tips

Thanks for the video, there is other good stuff in there...   I have a checklist I need to add some of his suggestions to...
2017-2-16
Use props
Heyandy
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the replies and comments..   I have some Velcro straps around the house, I am going to use those.
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use a large rubber band and it's just snug and it will not cause any issues.
2017-2-16
Use props
SixtyMike
lvl.2
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-16 03:09

DJI Mavic Pro Hints and Tips

Thanks for posting the vid.  Great tips and suggestions.
2017-2-16
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
Puerto Rico

SixtyMike Posted at 2017-2-16 11:45
Thanks for posting the vid.  Great tips and suggestions.

All of Peter Homer's videos are the definition of punctilious.   
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules