6252 12 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cutaway
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942835 ft
United States

Hello,

Is something wrong with my Mavic.  I live within 5 miles of Class C airspace.  So I drive outside of this range...way outside.  But I still get this warning.  GPS location is correct as far as Mavic is presenting.  Any idea?  Thank in advance.

Class C Warning

Class C Warning
2017-2-15
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Are you sure you didn't drive into different warning zone? Check DJI's map here: http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/map
2017-2-15
Use props
Cutaway
lvl.3
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-15 21:47
Are you sure you didn't drive into different warning zone? Check DJI's map here: http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/map

Thanks for your response.  Yes, I'm certain.  Here is the screenshot using DJI's map.  Maybe it's a bug in DJI's app?

Outside of Zone

Outside of Zone
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for your feedback, I've reported this to our engineers.
2017-2-16
Use props
Turkk71
lvl.2
United States

I get this on an approach path for one specific direction that exceeds the 5 mile loop.  May not be your case, but as info. Note the rectangle extending below the circle.  Perhaps others with more technical understanding can comment on why this happens.  
2017-2-16
Use props
Turkk71
lvl.2
United States

Turkk71 Posted at 2017-2-16 04:34
I get this on an approach path for one specific direction that exceeds the 5 mile loop.  May not be your case, but as info. Note the rectangle extending below the circle.  Perhaps others with more technical understanding can comment on why this happens.  [view_image]

Sorry about the image above, apparently doesn't like flickr.
Airspace.jpeg
2017-2-16
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cutaway Posted at 2017-2-16 00:16
Thanks for your response.  Yes, I'm certain.  Here is the screenshot using DJI's map.  Maybe it's a bug in DJI's app?

You're perfectly legal flying at Paul Moore Park. Technically though, you will be legally flying UNDER the SAN JOSE Class C airspace. The below screenshot from SKYVECTOR; a very good resource to become familiar with the airspace you wil be flying within, scroll to the west coast and find San Jose, at the top, select San Francisco FLY and/or World VFR approximates the location of Paul Moore Park and shows that the Class C extends from 4000 feet down to 2500 feet. You will be flying well below the controlled airspace. Because you are just west of the approach corridor as Turkk71 points out, DJI chooses to info you to at least be aware of controlled air space above you and to the east of you. It's just a cationary warning, so school yourself on the airspace and then click the X to dismiss the warning....

San Jose Class C

San Jose Class C

The best resource in the USA is the FAA B4UFLY mobile app.
1) Download and install the FAA mobile application B4UFLY -- Click here to read about the FAA B4UFLY app
    It is vailable for iOS devices -- Click here for the iOS version of the app on iTunes
    It's also available for Android devices -- Click here for the Android version of the app on the Google Play Store

2) The B4UFLY app will take your current location from your mobile device and advise you of any airspace restrictions and/or airports/heliports
   If you are within 5 miles of an air facility, the app will warn you and you can then click on More Status Information to see the airfield information.
   To gather the airfield/heliport contact information, click on each airfield and determine their airfield identifier.

Install the FAA B4UFLY mobile app. Allow it to use your location. Before flying, open the B4UFLY app. If you are at your takeoff location, the app will
   immediately advise you of any flight environment restrictions.
    B4UFLY0.png
   If you are checking prior to your flight, you may use the map function to place a drop-pin, save it,
    B4UFLY1.png   
   and then use the flght planner to check the area.
    B4UFLY2.png
    Click on More Status Information to see more detailed information about
    the warnings.
    B4UFLY3.png
    B4UFLY will show you the airfields.
    B4UFLY4.png
    To obtain the airfield contact information,
    tap/click the airfield name to open the detailed information.
    B4UFLY5.png

3) With the Airfield Identifier, you can then use either SKYVECTOR or the FAA NFDC airport database to gather the airfield contact information.
    The FAA NFDC database is available at -> Right click this link and save the link address as a shortcut to use again...
    NFDC1.png
    The page will opento the airfield summary. Either scroll down or
    click on the CONTACT button
    NFDC3.png
   Call the airfield manager and advise them that you will be flying below 400ft at Paul Moore Park, 3.7 nm south east of their heliport.

If you'd rather use SKYVECTOR, then click on the airports icon at the top of the page and enter the Airport Identified (CA33)
    SKYVect1.png

Good luck and Always fly safely...

2017-2-16
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-2-16 08:42
You're perfectly legal flying at Paul Moore Park. Technically though, you will be legally flying UNDER the SAN JOSE Class C airspace. The below screenshot from SKYVECTOR; a very good resource to become familiar with the airspace you wil be flying within, scroll to the west coast and find San Jose, at the top, select San Francisco FLY and/or World VFR approximates the location of Paul Moore Park and shows that the Class C extends from 4000 feet down to 2500 feet. You will be flying well below the controlled airspace. Because you are just west of the approach corridor as Turkk71 points out, DJI chooses to info you to at least be aware of controlled air space above you and to the east of you. It's just a cationary warning, so school yourself on the airspace and then click the X to dismiss the warning....
[view_image]

You the man!  Wow, I don't prepare that much before an ETOPS flight!  Good to see.  
2017-2-16
Use props
Cutaway
lvl.3
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-2-16 08:42
[view_image]

Daroga!

Holy mackerel!  Would you marry my daughter?!?   You're the friendliest and most helpful drone operator I've seen in my whole life!!!    I'd nominate you for the drone pilot of the year if there was a such thing.

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.

If you're ever in San Jose, CA, USA, please PM me.  I'd like to take you out to a nice burger and beers!  Cheers.
2017-2-16
Use props
fans61571660
New
United States

Hi Daroga,

Thanks for your detailed instructions.
Quick question for you. What if there appear scores of heliports or other "airports" in the contact list?
Would you call every single one of them? I'm asking because I've encountered numerous situations where this happened.
2017-4-23
Use props
nay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

My warning on mine never goes away it doesn't matter where I am at.   I could be in the middle of the desert and it's right there staring at me.  I just learned to live with it.   I also check B4U fly app and earning is still there.  Oh well, as long as it takes off and I know my position I'm ok with it.   
2017-4-23
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-15 21:47

Machina,
I was just thinking the same thing lolllll
2017-4-23
Use props
djiuser_cuF71Xcuebq4
lvl.1
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-23 16:57
Machina,
I was just thinking the same thing lolllll

Hi,
Similiar problem.  I was over 15 miles from nearest airfield, using
Mavic Air, iPhone, RC Controller.  The map showed that I was well clear
and a long way from any airfield.
The warning screen appeared on my iphone and would not go
away, no matter how many times I pressed the on-screen button
where it says (words to the effect) Do you accept the risk? or
something like that.  
Warning covered most of the screen and rendered the use of
the iphone useless.  
How do I dismiss the erroneous on screen warning or turn it off?
Thanks much
Jack
2019-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules