1456 11 2017-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I have been flying with GS Pro several times in waypoint mode and was very happy with the results. P4P and iPad Air 2.
But now I 'm not sure if I can trust the app any further. Indeed, when I open a previously saved WP-route on my iPad most waypoints come back on screen where they were when the route was saved but parts of the connections are changed and either the Starting Point (the waypoint with the 'S' in the circle) turns up somewhere along the route, sometimes km's from where it was before. That way the route becomes unflyable of course because you are never sure anymore about what the AC will do.
This happens with all saved routes when they are loaded after a few days.

Anybody else with this problem ?
2017-2-16
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

Can you share some screenshots before/after?
2017-2-16
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

Have you seen this GS Pro review:
According to the reviewer it's an "early beta", so I would say you are probably right about your concerns. This is also the reason they haven't launched it yet on Android and on P4P+
I decided to give Litchi a try instead.
2017-2-16
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-2-16 05:56
Have you seen this GS Pro review: https://youtu.be/0ELTbsiqHTg
According to the reviewer it's an "early beta", so I would say you are probably right about your concerns. This is also the reason they haven't launched it yet on Android and on P4P+
I decided to give Litchi a try instead.

Latest version 1.0.2 of GS Pro is Jan.12th, this review predates that.
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you could provide a screenshot like stalker mentioned, it would be appreciated.
2017-2-16
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-16 11:25
If you could provide a screenshot like stalker mentioned, it would be appreciated.

This is one example. I do not have a screenshot of this route BEFORE it was saved and reloaded but you will have to believe me that I was not standing in the middle of the delta when starting this route and the Start- and endpoint were at the utmost bottom of the picture in what is now a cluster of WP's there. There was the 'S'-WP and the last, ready to land the AC again when the mission was finished
IMG_0269.jpg
2017-2-16
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

stalker Posted at 2017-2-16 06:25
Latest version 1.0.2 of GS Pro is Jan.12th, this review predates that.

Same picture with some higher resolution.
IMG_0269bis.jpg
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

PhanFran Posted at 2017-2-16 11:45
This is one example. I do not have a screenshot of this route BEFORE it was saved and reloaded but you will have to believe me that I was not standing in the middle of the delta when starting this route and the Start- and endpoint were at the utmost bottom of the picture in what is now a cluster of WP's there. There was the 'S'-WP and the last, ready to land the AC again when the mission was finished

Just to make sure I'm following the changes, Is the pattern of the WP mission the same for the exception that the start/end points has been rotated to start/end in the Delta or that the corner waypoints are in fact where the start/end should be and the gap in the picture above should be connected?
GS WP.JPG

Pardon the quality of the letters, I cannot write with a mouse very well.
2017-2-16
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-16 14:52
Just to make sure I'm following the changes, Is the pattern of the WP mission the same for the exception that the start/end points has been rotated to start/end in the Delta or that the corner waypoints are in fact where the start/end should be and the gap in the picture above should be connected?
[view_image]

Jamie,

It is exactly as in your drawing on the picture. The Start- and endpoint were initially about where you have put the 'E' and the 'S' in your drawing and there was no gap where you have put the red line: these two points were connected and 'normal' waypoints and became Start- and endpoint after saving and reloading them, while the original start and endpoints at the bottom were connected now (which was obviously not the case initially). And all the other waypoints remained in place, as far as I can see because i have no screenshot of the route made before the saving. What I did now is make a new route and saved it and today or tomorrow I will reload it and see what happens. This time I did make a screenshot before the saving.
2017-2-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

PhanFran Posted at 2017-2-17 03:37
Jamie,

It is exactly as in your drawing on the picture. The Start- and endpoint were initially about where you have put the 'E' and the 'S' in your drawing and there was no gap where you have put the red line: these two points were connected and 'normal' waypoints and became Start- and endpoint after saving and reloading them, while the original start and endpoints at the bottom were connected now (which was obviously not the case initially). And all the other waypoints remained in place, as far as I can see because i have no screenshot of the route made before the saving. What I did now is make a new route and saved it and today or tomorrow I will reload it and see what happens. This time I did make a screenshot before the saving.

If the screenshots above were the first/ only instance of this happening, it could be that the map just reloaded oddly. You may want to try it once or twice to see if this is something that's consistent or intermittent. Let me know how this next one goes.
2017-2-17
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-17 13:45
If the screenshots above were the first/ only instance of this happening, it could be that the map just reloaded oddly. You may want to try it once or twice to see if this is something that's consistent or intermittent. Let me know how this next one goes.

Jamie,

No, the same thing happened with ALL my routes. After reloading the Start- and endpoint were on different places then when they were saved.
With the test-route I made yesterday though everything seems fine again.
Only reason I can think of  for the 'changed' routes : they were all saved before an update to IOS 10.2.1 and reloaded with the errors after the update.
So, last test was without problems. I will let you guys know when it happens again.
2017-2-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

PhanFran Posted at 2017-2-17 14:04
Jamie,

No, the same thing happened with ALL my routes. After reloading the Start- and endpoint were on different places then when they were saved.

Please keep me posted.
2017-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules