Gutted !! My warranty replacement Mavic also has blurred edges
5301 112 2017-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VAS67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265984 ft
United Kingdom

My DOA Mavic arrived back at DJI support 2  weeks ago.... After 1 week had passed I chased them up (with Natalia's help) to see how my warranty claim was going, they informed me that due to no stock that I would have to wait at least a further 2 weeks for their stock to come in. To my surprise I got an email today saying that it had been shipped, at least a whole week earlier than expected
Lets hope it's 3rd time lucky and the camera is a good one this time
2017-3-9
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-9 04:05
Sorry to hear you have a fever, hope you will soon recover.
According to our after-sales policy, you need bear the cost for sending it in.
Please download the form and fill in the information needed, then print it and put it into the package with the aircraft and send it in, then provide me the tracking number, I'll help you update the info in our system.

It seems to be differences since a friend of my got his return payed by DJI both ways? Is it any difference where you send it or?
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Flybee Posted at 2017-3-9 03:23
Hi hope you get well soon first of all.

I have the same problem as you do, I do not understand why I should pay shipping costs to send a faulty object for a warranty fix either. Also in Germany.

The warranty policy on DJI website says the shipping fee is split. Though in US normally the round-trip covered by DJI.  Local DJI repair center has discretion about this.
2017-3-10
Use props
George Geo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 224167 ft
Greece

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-9 04:05
Sorry to hear you have a fever, hope you will soon recover.
According to our after-sales policy, you need bear the cost for sending it in.
Please download the form and fill in the information needed, then print it and put it into the package with the aircraft and send it in, then provide me the tracking number, I'll help you update the info in our system.

Hi again and thanks for the help,
sorry for the delayed answer, I just came home as I had to spend some time in the hospital. Everything is ready for me to sent the Mavic in, but my problem is that having to use my drone on April 14 on a project, I cannot ship it as it should probably take at least 4 weeks for the round trip. Can I use the same case No when I 'll ship in after the 20th of April, or should I ask for a new one? Should I notify DJI Germany in advance?
2017-3-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

George Geo Posted at 2017-3-24 02:51
Hi again and thanks for the help,
sorry for the delayed answer, I just came home as I had to spend some time in the hospital. Everything is ready for me to sent the Mavic in, but my problem is that having to use my drone on April 14 on a project, I cannot ship it as it should probably take at least 4 weeks for the round trip. Can I use the same case No when I 'll ship in after the 20th of April, or should I ask for a new one? Should I notify DJI Germany in advance?

Yes, you can use the same case number to ship it in at your convenient.
Please let me know when you ship it out and PM me your tracking number so I can update it for you.
2017-3-24
Use props
George Geo
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-24 03:35
Yes, you can use the same case number to ship it in at your convenient.
Please let me know when you ship it out and PM me your tracking number so I can update it for you.

A last question that just crossed my mind: will I have any problems with my warranty claim by shipping at the end of April? My Mavic was ordered on the 4th of October and shipped at mid-December. The problem is with blurry camera.
2017-4-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

George Geo Posted at 2017-4-3 23:59
A last question that just crossed my mind: will I have any problems with my warranty claim by shipping at the end of April? My Mavic was ordered on the 4th of October and shipped at mid-December. The problem is with blurry camera.

The product warranty starts from the date you receive it, please keep your purchase proof or invoice.
2017-4-5
Use props
George Geo
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-5 01:19
The product warranty starts from the date you receive it, please keep your purchase proof or invoice.

Thanks again for the quick answer. I never got an invoice. I ordered through the official online store and I only got an order number, which was told to use in my RMA as a proof of purchase. In the meanwhile I asked for an invoice at the after sales help but although they promised to sent it they never did. Any other way to get it?
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

George Geo Posted at 2017-4-5 08:14
Thanks again for the quick answer. I never got an invoice. I ordered through the official online store and I only got an order number, which was told to use in my RMA as a proof of purchase. In the meanwhile I asked for an invoice at the after sales help but although they promised to sent it they never did. Any other way to get it?

What's your order number? I'll ask our sales team to send you the invoice.
2017-4-5
Use props
George Geo
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-5 20:20
What's your order number? I'll ask our sales team to send you the invoice.

My order number is ***** and my email ***
2017-4-5
Use props
George Geo
lvl.2
Greece

George Geo Posted at 2017-4-5 22:05
My order number is 001202590161 and my email

Just received my invoice. Thank you so much!
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

George Geo Posted at 2017-4-5 22:05
My order number is 001202590161 and my email

Please check your e-mail box, our sales support sent you the invoice.
2017-4-5
Use props
George Geo
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-5 23:19
Please check your e-mail box, our sales support sent you the invoice.

Hello again.I just sent my mavic/controller to Germany support center. My registered package code is *******. Apart from the blurry edges on the camera, I had some serious reception problems on my last flight, which is also mentioned on the rma form. Thanks again for your invaluable help. Waiting for your feedback.
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

George Geo Posted at 2017-4-25 00:22
Hello again.I just sent my mavic/controller to Germany support center. My registered package code is RE632058391GR  (http://www.elta-courier.gr/). Apart from the blurry edges on the camera, I had some serious reception problems on my last flight, which is also mentioned on the rma form. Thanks again for your invaluable help. Waiting for your feedback.

What's your case number? I will add a note for you.
2017-4-25
Use props
George Geo
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-25 01:45
What's your case number? I will add a note for you.

My RMA No is 464070 and my ticket is 447944.
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

George Geo Posted at 2017-4-25 07:57
My RMA No is 464070 and my ticket is 447944.

Thanks, I've added the tracking code in our system, we will take care of it once it arrives, appreciate your patience.
2017-4-25
Use props
George Geo
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-25 23:10
Thanks, I've added the tracking code in our system, we will take care of it once it arrives, appreciate your patience.

Sorry to bother you again . I checked my case report and it states not received or unpacked. Given that my mavic /controller arrived at DJI Germany on Friday 28 10:30, is it possible that my case number is cancelled and a new one generated?Could you please check? Thanks again .
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

George Geo Posted at 2017-5-5 01:35
Sorry to bother you again . I checked my case report and it states not received or unpacked. Given that my mavic /controller arrived at DJI Germany on Friday 28 10:30, is it possible that my case number is cancelled and a new one generated?Could you please check? Thanks again .

It takes several days to check in and update the system, I asked the local logistic department to escalate it for you, will update it to you soon.
2017-5-5
Use props
George Geo
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-5 01:39
It takes several days to check in and update the system, I asked the local logistic department to escalate it for you, will update it to you soon.

I' m furious!!! i just got message from dji that i have to pay for my mavic E323 for crash repairs! i never had a crash!! my only problem is the blurry camera that all my other friends had their mavic replaced for. and now i have to pay for something that is inherrent to the first mavics! please inform!!
2017-5-16
Use props
George Geo
lvl.2
Greece

George Geo Posted at 2017-5-16 21:25
I' m furious!!! i just got message from dji that i have to pay for my mavic E323 for crash repairs! i never had a crash!! my only problem is the blurry camera that all my other friends had their mavic replaced for. and now i have to pay for something that is inherrent to the first mavics! please inform!!

...and on top of everything there is no quotation about the camera problem/repair!!!!
2017-5-16
Use props
George Geo
lvl.2
Greece

George Geo Posted at 2017-5-16 21:39
...and on top of everything there is no quotation about the camera problem/repair!!!!

how can i get in contact with the one responsible with my case? I only get auto emails .
2017-5-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

George Geo Posted at 2017-5-16 21:25

I've reported your concern to the local repair team, will look into it and contact you for an update soon, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-5-17
Use props
George Geo
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-17 03:29
I've reported your concern to the local repair team, will look into it and contact you for an update soon, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I'm really greatful for your immediate response and continuous concern and I 'm sorry to bother you again. But it seems I 'm really unlucky with my Mavic. Given that I 'm charged for crash repair (which never happened) and no word about the blurry camera ,which was the main reason I sent my Mavic in, I 'm wondering what will happen If my case will be considered as out of warranty.  I'm given no way of direct communication with the service( i.e. phone) to explain my case, apart from emails which will be answered after 3 days, and I feel in a tight spot. Do you have any idea about the process?Any suggestions? Should I sent more emails to explain more accurately my case? Your help/response is really valuable.
2017-5-17
Use props
DroningOn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 297352 ft
Australia

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-2-16 11:08
It's getting to the point were if someone has a mavric that works 100% as it should then it's worth more than a new one..

I've been reading a lot over the last week or so and seem to find your attitude towards the Mavic a bit.  I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth purchasing the one I'm supposed to pick up on Saturday, are they REALLY as bad as you think??
2017-5-17
Use props
CrownSeven
lvl.1
United States

DroningOn Posted at 2017-5-17 05:53
I've been reading a lot over the last week or so and seem to find your attitude towards the Mavic a bit.  I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth purchasing the one I'm supposed to pick up on Saturday, are they REALLY as bad as you think??

Those with issues will always post up, those without almost never will - this goes for any product out there.  

Buy it and have fun!  

I just ordered mine, should get here on Friday, can't wait!

2017-5-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroningOn Posted at 2017-5-17 05:53

I had VPS issues and they were fixed with update.400, the mavic works great now. The point I've been trying to make is if something not broke, don't fix it. Not all updates are good, for instance, the original inspire was great, after a few "updates" it was hobbled.
2017-5-17
Use props
Parkker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8891 ft
United States

This would seem to be a real Achilles heel for the Mavic. I see many YT vids with the smudge effect in portions of video. Usually center is clear and then outward edge will look smudged. Disappointing. Will likely return. Definite QA problem with the camera.
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

George Geo Posted at 2017-5-17 05:03
I'm really greatful for your immediate response and continuous concern and I 'm sorry to bother you again. But it seems I 'm really unlucky with my Mavic. Given that I 'm charged for crash repair (which never happened) and no word about the blurry camera ,which was the main reason I sent my Mavic in, I 'm wondering what will happen If my case will be considered as out of warranty.  I'm given no way of direct communication with the service( i.e. phone) to explain my case, apart from emails which will be answered after 3 days, and I feel in a tight spot. Do you have any idea about the process?Any suggestions? Should I sent more emails to explain more accurately my case? Your help/response is really valuable.

I just checked the case again, we had someone called you back to explain the situation.
For blurry camera issue, it will be covered by warranty, while the crash is not covered by warranty, if you choose to deal with the warranty part only, then the performance of the drone cannot be guaranteed.
2017-5-17
Use props
George Geo
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-17 20:13
I just checked the case again, we had someone called you back to explain the situation.
For blurry camera issue, it will be covered by warranty, while the crash is not covered by warranty, if you choose to deal with the warranty part only, then the performance of the drone cannot be guaranteed.

First of all thank you for the intervenience. I got the email explaining the situation and I replied explaining that i never got a crash, apart from my very first (stupid me) indoors flight with the gimbal dome, when i damaged two  props by touching on my wall tv and landing on a couch from 1,5m height. Since then(20th of December) I got the scratches on the rear arms which are now considered as a "crash". After that i never had any issues with the gimbal (control board,vibration dumper, arm module) or the wifi board(????) which are considered "damaged. After all isn't the detailed internal log capable of proving the truth ? The only proof i got is 3 photos of the external scratches. Nevertheless, i can always get the camera replaced covered by the warranty and get it back. But when one sends in a mavic in, in a fine flying condition (at least my flight logs can prove that) and gets a message that after the camera replacement the performance is not guaranteed, many concerns arise about a 1500 euros drone with 6hours and 20 min total flight time. Also is it a common practice for the other pilots (I am new one) to have the motors replaced whenever they damage (dent, not brake) the props ? Excuse my frustration, but being in my spot it feels unfair to get this treatment.
2017-5-17
Use props
George Geo
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-17 20:13

I'm really sorry to bother you again(hopefully for the last time) but you are my last resort. As you possibly remember, after getting a quotation for crash repair expenses, iI replied that I never got a crash and that I send the Mavic for camera replacement (under warranty). The reply was that camera replacement was possible but there would be doubts of the good functionality of the drone. So, given that I had no crash, I asked for more technical proof of the damage (possibly from the black box log), apart from the external shell scratches photos I got the first time, and if that was not possible a camera replacement and a general check before sending it back to me would be ok. After 14 days of silence, I got an automated email that my payment was overdue and if they did not get my decision in 5 days the mavic would be sent back unrepaired. So I sent an immediate email that they already had my answer 14 days ago and I attached the old email.After getting no answer I emailed again to all emails available to get an answer that there is no email history of my case and I had to send it over. I did that and asked for a confirmation that my email was received and after 2 days still no answer, although I emailed again for a confirmation. The emails I use are invoice.europe@dji.com and support.eu@dji.com and I get automated answers from the second one. Is there any other way to get in touch with the service (I already tried calling)? I have a TextEdit file with my case emails history which I could send to you to get it forwarded to them. My case is CAS-464070-F0C8J5.
2017-6-14
Use props
George Geo
lvl.2
Greece

George Geo Posted at 2017-6-14 00:13
I'm really sorry to bother you again(hopefully for the last time) but you are my last resort. As you possibly remember, after getting a quotation for crash repair expenses, iI replied that I never got a crash and that I send the Mavic for camera replacement (under warranty). The reply was that camera replacement was possible but there would be doubts of the good functionality of the drone. So, given that I had no crash, I asked for more technical proof of the damage (possibly from the black box log), apart from the external shell scratches photos I got the first time, and if that was not possible a camera replacement and a general check before sending it back to me would be ok. After 14 days of silence, I got an automated email that my payment was overdue and if they did not get my decision in 5 days the mavic would be sent back unrepaired. So I sent an immediate email that they already had my answer 14 days ago and I attached the old email.After getting no answer I emailed again to all emails available to get an answer that there is no email history of my case and I had to send it over. I did that and asked for a confirmation that my email was received and after 2 days still no answer, although I emailed again for a confirmation. The emails I use are  and  and I get automated answers from the second one. Is there any other way to get in touch with the service (I already tried calling)? I have a TextEdit file with my case emails history which I could send to you to get it forwarded to them. My case is CAS-464070-F0C8J5.

I just got a response from invoice.europe@dji.com:
"Hello,

it´s received and you got a Quotation regarding your case.

If you wanna get it repaired, the repair will start, after the payment is done.

Have a nice day and

Best Regards, "

PLEASE HELP!!!!
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

George Geo Posted at 2017-6-14 01:54
I just got a response from :
"Hello,

Sorry about your experience, I am checking with the local support team again about your case now. Will get back to you soon once I hear from them.
Appreciate your patience!
2017-6-14
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

I've had the mavic pro for 3 days and still learning, I think I have the blurred edge issue too, but thought it was just the tap to focus thing and me being new to it.....after reading this thread I'm certainly a little concerned ....I don't have refresh as yet, but I won't order it until I know france has adequate cover and I see better quality control, these things are not low grade,  I've had no problems with mine except app firmware update repeating, it's a great drone but looks like some firmware release should be the priority to reduce issues and also take heat off DJI support resources.
2017-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules