New replacement arrived today, bit of help on the next steps
498 8 2017-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all just like to recap and say DJI have sent out a new replacement P4P with a new battery for compensation, thanks for thinking about the situation and doing that DJI, top marks.

I have a new p4p returned with my original controller, I would guess they are already linked as they were sent back together and it also says they were tested.

I know I have done what should be the next set of steps, but asking what you all would do in next sequence, I want to get it right first time and I know people have different ways of doing things.

2017-2-16
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Leave the quad in the box. Charge your battery (or batteries) and remote. While they are charging, read the manual(s), including anything available on DJI.com.
2017-2-16
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have had previous drones but this is a replacement, and wondered for tips as I have not had the p4p for a couple of months, should I update if asked ? Have missed quite a few messages on here recently, batteries and quad all on charge, should I do all the on screen set ups ? All them sort of things, I know I need to go through all the setting on the RC
2017-2-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-2-16 14:03
I have had previous drones but this is a replacement, and wondered for tips as I have not had the p4p for a couple of months, should I update if asked ? Have missed quite a few messages on here recently, batteries and quad all on charge, should I do all the on screen set ups ? All them sort of things

Well, my personal summary (and I did say My summary):
If there's an update - update. Both RC and P4P. But Do update soon after powering P4P on and after it's finished it's start-up, as you want to do that while cool.
Do VPS calibration, but don't do IMU calibration later if it doesn't ask for it. Compass I'd do, but ensure it's in a clean location.
Don't put props on, and start up motors using sticks - listen for any unattractive noises. Shut motors down.
Then work through all your settings while connected to craft - turn Beginners mode off, turn on smart RTH etc, select preferred video modes etc, etc etc.
2017-2-16
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Brill, just what I needed punchbuggy, I have already updaded the app on the iPad Air
2017-2-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-2-16 14:56
Brill, just what I needed punchbuggy, I have already updaded the app on the iPad Air

Oops, forgot to mention the app (hehe).

Otherwise, I'm very pleased to hear your outcome with DJI - a good result. It's sadly true that their product is better than their after-market support (they really need to catch up there, although the team up here try to do their best while having to cope with the flack), but I do genuinely believe they want to do well for their customers. Sometimes a prompt which comes in the form of something large and very blunt is needed to remind them of that...

Edit: and yes, the first thing is to charge up all batteries (fully). I didn't add that in the list as you said you'd already done that.
2017-2-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

When you turn on the RC, then drone and finally the app, you will get a suggestion message if any updates are required.

It's up to you, whether you choose to complete those or not. Sometimes an update is mandatory, but most times, they are not.

Please RTFM (read the flight manual) and become completely familiar with the options and parameter choices.
As well, go completely through the Go app you are using, and set them user friendly options to your liking.
Be particularly aware of the RTH height as that can save you a world of hurt...

Perhaps starting out in Beginner mode is a great place to begin your Phantom journey and exciting adventure.

Good luck, enjoy your drone.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-16
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for replies, I turned on a registered the P4P last night, all went smoothly, set up all parameters on the Go app, it did not ask me to update the firmware, App V 4.04 Aircraft 01.02.0304 Controller V 01.03.00.00

I have not had a fly yet as I am working days and is dark when I get home :-(
I just wish I could get the Care Refresh to accept the serial number, registered the drone last night but it keeps saying serial is wrong, but it is correct, anyone else had this problem ? I need to sort it out within 48 hours of registration
2017-2-18
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-2-18 22:39
Thanks for replies, I turned on a registered the P4P last night, all went smoothly, set up all parameters on the Go app, it did not ask me to update the firmware, App V 4.04 Aircraft 01.02.0304 Controller V 01.03.00.00

I have not had a fly yet as I am working days and is dark when I get home :-(

I had prepurchased my care and refresh for my P4 pro + and my Mavic when I placed my orders with DJI
I thought it would be activated when I turned on and redgistered my drones for the first time,
Should I have done something else I wasn't aware of?Also just reading my emails from DJI it does say that they automatically start and finish on set dates if that helps.....I would think that applies to yours as well

2017-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules