Gimbal Problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scott
New

Australia

I am a new Phantom 2 Vision Plus owner and suffering from a gimbal problem.

Whenever I fly the gimbal moves to point the camera straight down.  If I move it around in my hands it works as it's supposed to, but as soon as I take off the camera ends up pointing down.

I tried doing an X1 calibration and now the controls don't even move the gimbal properly.  Down is down and up doesn't do anything.

Should I be doing something to calibrate it?  Or is it a fault?  I have just run an advanced calibration and it seems to go forever without doing anything.

Cheers!

2015-2-21
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

Calibrate the transmitter in RC Assistant first, before doing any calibration in Vision Assistant.  Also, try calibrating the transmitter in RC Assistant again as the final step.  Run the gimbal control up and down as well when in the calibration window.  This has corrected a like condition for me.
2015-2-21
Use props
scott
New

Australia

Thank you, I've done that now and I have regained control over the gimbal positions.

However, it still has a mind of its own.  When I fly the camera moves from straight forward to down within a few seconds.  It appears to be the motor doing this as it's quite slow (i.e. it's not losing power and dropping).

I've now completed IMU calibration, compass calibration & controller calibration (in both pieces of software).  Is there anything else I should calibrate?

Here's some footage of it happening.  The upward movements are me, but the downward movements occur with my hands off the controls:
http://users.on.net/~scott_r/IMG_0165.MOV
2015-2-21
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

What firmware version is the main controller (not transmitter)?  3.08 or 3.10?  Not sure if camera problem related, but could be important, DJI suggested rolling back from 3.10 to 3.08.

Have you checked to see if your camera firmware is up to date?  You can see what version it is in the Vision App.

Have you selected UPGRADE transmitter in Vision Assistant and not BASIC, if your transmitter has the gimbal wheel at the top left?
2015-2-21
Use props
scott
New

Australia

I'm running 3.08.  When I plug it in it tells me everything is up to date (and that 3.10 was retracted).  I also have the gimbal wheel at the top left and I have got it set to upgrade transmitter.

My gut feel on this is that it's a calibration problem.  It seems like it thinks I'm ever so gently tilting it down, and I can override it with an up on the gimbal wheel.

Since I took that video it has been stable and I can't recreate it.  It doesn't happen every time.  I haven't flown yet though.  Waiting for my battery to charge to test it out again.  I am expecting it to fail again however as I've thought I've fixed it a few times now.
2015-2-21
Use props
scott
New

Australia

Hi guys,

It's still dropping down to point to the ground most of the time.  I've done a calibration on the X1 wheel again in RC assistant and Phantom Vision + Assistant.

It all looks good when I do the calibration.  Middle is middle and top and bottom are also correct.

However it is dropping on its own again.

Here's a better movie:
http://users.on.net/~scott_r/IMG_0175.MOV

I'm at a total loss now.  I don't know what else I can do.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
2015-2-23
Use props
scott
New

Australia

Well, I think I've worked this out.

In the DJI Vision app for my iPhone there’s a setting that makes your camera follow the movement of the phone.  I thought it was something else and have had it enabled.  It looks like a satellite to me so I thought it was used for GPS lock (is there a Vision app manual anywhere?).

I think this may be the cause of my problems.  I've disabled this setting and mucked around a bit with promising results.  I will have a go at flying tomorrow.  Right now it's too windy and my battery is flat again.

All that calibration for nothing!
2015-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules