Is the Mavic bag good?
2706 31 2017-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iamthewatchdog
lvl.3
United States

I ordered the fly more combo and it's supposed to be here on Tuesday. I know the bag comes with it, but I haven't really seen that many people give it great reviews. I have a camera bag that holds my Canon 80d and three lenses. Would it be safe to use the bag? It has velcor sections that can be arranged however I want, but I'm not sure if the bag would be good enough to carry the drone around. Should I just stick with the small bag, or use the camera bag?

Thanks
2017-2-16
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

No. Way too small. Sent mine back
2017-2-16
Use props
Turkk71
lvl.2
United States

I like it very much.  Carries easily with and everything fits to go to wherever I am going to fly.  Just brought it with me in my carryon without exception.   Are there better bags, yeah of course, but this one gets the job one and is pretty well thought out.  
2017-2-16
Use props
Turkk71
lvl.2
United States

I use the Think Tank Airport for my normal camera gear which is good, and carry the drone if I leave a lens at home, but if I just want to carry the drone which was the case on this trip, it was very nice.
2017-2-16
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I'm sure your Camera bag would be fine, but I absolutely love the DJI bag. It's tiny, well-made and easily fits everything I want to carry with me in the field. I leave the multi-charger at home and the car charger in the car.

Check this thread on packing the bag: http://forum.dji.com/thread-82401-1-1.html

2017-2-16
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I have more accessories than will fit in the bag that came with my Fly More Combo, so a camera bag is what I use and I think it offers the Mavic about the same level of protection from damage as the Fly More backpack.
2017-2-16
Use props
iamthewatchdog
lvl.3
United States

Thank you all for taking time to post. Sounds like the bag is good and does what it's supposed to do. Again, Thanks!!
2017-2-16
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

iamthewatchdog Posted at 2017-2-16 18:32
Thank you all for taking time to post. Sounds like the bag is good and does what it's supposed to do. Again, Thanks!!

I use the MP combo bag. it fits everything I need including 3 batteries. Anything extra I out in my carry on backpack.
2017-2-16
Use props
Fernanditu
lvl.2

Peru

It is great, I use it all the time. You can pack your mavic, controller and 5 batteries. I don't really know why people buy those huge bags or even pelican cases, the whole idea of the mavic is to have something as portable as posible.
2017-2-16
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

i like it it can fit everything but i leave the car charger in the car cause it barely fits with the charger but other than that i like it its compact like the mavic
2017-2-16
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

works as intended for my use.....can carry the Mavic, RC, and 4 batteries along with my tablet and cable......fly it for over an hour and then pack it up and head back to the vehicle where I have my Go Professional Case for storage....
2017-2-16
Use props
Chappy
lvl.2

Denmark

I Can't comment on the mavic bag, but I have the lowepro viewpoint 250 back pack and that is perfect. Check it out on amazon
2017-2-16
Use props
Luchian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6706 ft
Romania

I buyed this -> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... 13010608.0.0.7EHSVk
2017-2-16
Use props
Chole
lvl.2

United States

I am using this by freewell nice so far
2017-2-17
Use props
jnmmoore
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I found the flymore combo bag to be a bit on the small side so mine will be going on eBay as soon as I get time to sort it out.
2017-2-17
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

I tested the bag, it fits perfectly, but I do use a RC stick protector that is 3D printed. Then I could just ram the RC in it without worrying about the sticks. The craft itself fits very snug.
You can easy put a 2nd battery INSIDE the bag beneeth that "flap" and put the RC on it. Then then 3th battery on the side. The rest, you can put a carcharger in it, extra props, cables. All you need to go on the road.

I like it, I like the tight fit, but might change in the future to another case when I don't need to travel "portable"
2017-2-17
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

This has been working great for me. Mavic, controller, charger, cables, extra props, filters inside their DJI supplied box, two spare batteries, all fit fine and securely.
  http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVA-Inte ... rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26
2017-2-17
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

The bag is fine, but its not for all applications.
It is small, which I like, and you can get everything from the Fly More Combo into the bag with some planning and effort.  But a small bag to me is used for packing light, not efficiently.  If I were to be going on a flight somewhere, and wanted to take my Mavic and necessary components along, this bag would work.  If I am going to go out on a hike away from power outlets, I won't need to take the battery charger, hub and would leave a car charger in a car.  When those components are left out of the bag, it is fine for what you do take with you to a remote location.

There are certainly better application of devices for carrying your Mavic and accessories, but each come with giving up size, packability, convenience, etc.

For what it was designed to do, the Fly More Combo bag is fine.......
2017-2-17
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

I use the Fly More bag, but I've ordered some battery bags just to protect the extras. It's tight but holds more than you'd think just by it's size.
2017-2-17
Use props
Doots
lvl.3
Flight distance : 682598 ft
United States

It's big enough for the drone, controller and one extra battery. If you wanted to bring all three batteries, you'll have to use one of the side mesh pockets. I don't think the mesh pockets will last too long though if it's carrying something that bulky. No room at all for accessories. $80 is a bit high for such a small bag.
2017-2-17
Use props
superjet96
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142743 ft
United States

It seems that there are other bags that are better but so far for me it works fine.  You may think of it as a "field bag" rather than something to store everything in.  It is a bit of a tight fit with everything but not bad.  The only thing I was worried about was the sticks on the controller are pushed or will shift and be pushed to the side.  I purchased a "SKYREAT Dji Mavic Pro Transport Clip Controller Transmitter Stick Thumb" on Amazon and it worked perfectly.  No more worries about the sticks.
2017-2-17
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

I have the Mavic bag and use it all the time. As others have noted, it's big enough to carry all you need. I carry the Mavic, the RC, four batteries (one on the Mavic), spare memory cards and cables, and the charger (in outside mesh pockets). I've traveled (flown/US) with it and carry it with me to work (on nice days).
2017-2-17
Use props
curtismyhero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47667 ft
United States

I think the bag serves it's purpose pretty nicely.  That being said, I haven't used it too much as I end up throwing the Mavic and parts into my Peak Design 30L backpack.  I like carrying all my gear in one bag.
2017-2-17
Use props
P4Life
lvl.1

United States

Perfect.

order it man,.
2017-2-17
Use props
johnalex
New

Hong Kong

I've been using the Manfrotto MB BP-D1 and I think it's a professional drone backpack, Manfrotto MB BP-D1
2018-2-8
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

There must be some vastly different sized "standard" bags as the one I got with the FMC is fine. I've got three batteries, RC, charger, cables, spare props and the Air inside it without any problem.
2018-2-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If you are referring to the Mavic Pro combo bag: it is too small for everything, but nice if you are on a 1 battery trip.
I would have liked it better if it could hold the 3 batteries.
The build quality feels good.
2018-2-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I bought 2 separate hard shells for storing it in some other bag with other stuff. So if I went on a short trip I just used the combo bag and otherwise stuff it in my larger camera bag.
2018-2-8
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

The MP bag is perfect for holding the MA.  Clam shell, 3 batteries and controller.
2018-2-8
Use props
djiuser_xy6tc2h3Xuh8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197123 ft
United States

[tr][/tr]
[tr][/tr]
I agree completely

2018-2-8
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

Been using the  Lowepro Slingshot Edge 250 AW for a year now.  Best bag for the Mavic I have ever found.  Been through several and this one is the best to travel with.
2018-2-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great bag for the drone, RC, 3 batteries and some small accessories like ND filters. I advise getting the Mavic aircraft sleeve and the PGY tech RC protector as it's very compact. I sold mine with my original fly more combo earlier last year and bought the standard combo of the MPP in November - bought the incase compression case from Apple which is also great but more organised.
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules