DJI Go 4 app connecting with reported malicious IP
1843 7 2017-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromotor
New

United States

Love my Mavic Pro but the DJI Go 4 app on my android is causing me  trouble with my company network. the company security threat intel group  were blocking this address 203.205.151.233:443 so I have to either  uninstall DJI Go or turn off wifi when in the office. When I look it up  it is reported malicious by NVISO and probably what info my large  company gets on malicious websites. I use OSMonitor app to see what  connections my app is trying to make. It is always trying to keep this  connection whether I am flying or not. This started becoming a problem  on Jan 23rd even though I had had the app installed for months before  that. Not sure if I have any other options on this but since I had  couldn't find any other threads on this issue thought I would bring it  to attention.
2017-2-16
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Install Greenify or if on android 6, force stop it. I don't know why dji apps are all spyware either. I've seen the same behavior with go 3 and the dji assistant 2. Qihoo actually classes the assistant as malware. I run it in a vm when have to use it.
2017-2-16
Use props
Aeromotor
New

United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-2-16 20:21
Install Greenify or if on android 6, force stop it. I don't know why dji apps are all spyware either. I've seen the same behavior with go 3 and the dji assistant 2. Qihoo actually classes the assistant as malware. I run it in a vm when have to use it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have loaded it and set it up so we will see how it works. Maybe it will keep me off my home office's intel threat radar

Give me a day or two and I will report back.
2017-2-16
Use props
bochen7
lvl.2
United States

DJI installed fishing certs on my computer to do a MITM attack

https://i.imgur.com/N56B5mq.png
2017-2-16
Use props
Aeromotor
New

United States

Greenify did not work well on my Samsung S7. Phone would never lock and my wakeup alarms looked strange on the screen. Guess I will have to remember to force stop the app. This is unacceptable for such a large company that wants to be trusted with our data as a leader in the global marketplace.
2017-2-18
Use props
Aeromotor
New

United States

I wish there were some kind of relief for this but there is no arguing with the cyber security department of a $7 billion company when they say you are trying to connect to a malicious IP and you have no way to prove it is not. Today they removed my Mobile Iron app and removed any connection to my work mail.
What is the good reason for the DJI Go app to be making connections and transferring data all day when you haven't had it open for weeks. Starting to lose my attraction to DJI as being the "premier" drone manufacturer.
2017-2-21
Use props
seeker_ktf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

I have Mobile Iron and haven't had trouble with the DJI app.  Did you get Go4 from the Play Store or somewhere else?
2017-2-21
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

inetnum:        203.205.128.0 - 203.205.159.255
netname:        TENCENT-NET-AP
descr:          Shenzhen Tencent Computer Systems Company Limited
descr:          Tencent Building, Kejizhongyi Avenue,Hi-techPark,
descr:          NanshanDistrict, Shenzhen
admin-c:        DR196-AP