Squealing noise after start up
2574 9 2017-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
softgrapes
lvl.2

United States

Anyone else's doing this? Listen till then end, every time I start it up it makes this short screech/squeal noise after the gimbal is done initializing. It's been doing it since I got it. This is my second unit as the first one was replaced under warranty  because of a faulty gimbal.

I'm on the latest firmware, have tried refreshing, downgrading, upgrading again and performing all the calibrations. Noise won't go away.

2017-2-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think that's the gimbal as it makes the noise after the gimbal has finished it's calibration. It sounds like the noise the ESC's make during firmware upgrades. I've forwarded it on and will post when I hear back but I think you're fine.
2017-2-17
Use props
softgrapes
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-17 07:23
I don't think that's the gimbal as it makes the noise after the gimbal has finished it's calibration. It sounds like the noise the ESC's make during firmware upgrades. I've forwarded it on and will post when I hear back but I think you're fine.

Thanks so much Ken. I assumed it was the gimbal because it seems some phantoms did it as well. It is odd however than in my case it doesnt make the noise until the gimbal is done initializing. This is the exact same noise:

Seems like some people attribute the noise to screws to tight or vibrations?

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... .76578/#post-785191

2017-2-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

softgrapes Posted at 2017-2-17 07:53
Thanks so much Ken. I assumed it was the gimbal because it seems some phantoms did it as well. It is odd however than in my case it doesnt make the noise until the gimbal is done initializing. This is the exact same noise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npKkjBivbBM

That's a different sound and my P4 made it too but after later firmware it stopped.
2017-2-17
Use props
softgrapes
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-17 10:40
That's a different sound and my P4 made it too but after later firmware it stopped.

Alright, standing by to see what you guys find. Thanks again man.
2017-2-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

softgrapes Posted at 2017-2-17 10:57
Alright, standing by to see what you guys find. Thanks again man.

If you connect the Mavic to the Assistant2 and restore to factory settings and see if still makes the sound after calibration.
2017-2-21
Use props
daishi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106325 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Mine sometimes makes the same sound.
Up to now I thought this is normal.
I also think it comes from the gimbal, maybe the focus?
After reading this I just did a factory reset: Nothing changed.
2017-2-21
Use props
softgrapes
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-21 08:45
If you connect the Mavic to the Assistant2 and restore to factory settings and see if still makes the sound after calibration.

Yes sir, I have already tried that. Also upgraded to newest fw and it is still doing it. Any leads/clues on what it could be. I don't care about the noise, just worried it's wearing something out or it's gonna cause damage in the long term.
2017-2-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

softgrapes Posted at 2017-2-21 10:47
Yes sir, I have already tried that. Also upgraded to newest fw and it is still doing it. Any leads/clues on what it could be. I don't care about the noise, just worried it's wearing something out or it's gonna cause damage in the long term.

It's just the ESC making a tone.
I'm still waiting for R&D
2017-2-21
Use props
b0n3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-21 11:07
It's just the ESC making a tone.
I'm still waiting for R&D

Hello Ken,

What is the conclusion about this noise? )
2017-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules