Purchasing used - checklist?
2333 4 2017-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OurScenicLife
lvl.1
United States

An acquaintance of mine was able to get a fly more bundle in Nov. 2016 at a DJI launch party. From what I know he has only flown the drone 2 times and less than 25 minutes and he purchased the replacement insurance. I have offered to buy the Mavic from him but I want to check it out first, and I could use some guidance.   I have flown a Mavic but only using the auto flight modes as demonstration.

Has anything changed on Mavic since launch besides software?
What would your check list be if purchasing used?
Is the DJI insurance is transferable? If NO can you get DJI insurance for a used drone?
Is it difficult to transfer drone ownership?
What is an almost new Mavic worth, realistically?  Would you pay retail price?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

2017-2-17
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.2

United States

I'm not aware of any hardware changes.
2017-2-17
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Has anything changed on Mavic since launch besides software?

No.

What would your check list be if purchasing used?

My checklist would be different if I were buying from someone I didn't trust. But probably in either case I'd figure out which features were most important to me and have the owner demonstrate that those worked correctly -- or let me do it myself.

Is the DJI insurance is transferable? If NO can you get DJI insurance for a used drone?

You mean Care Refresh? Yes, it is transferable and the product warranty is still valid if it's sold.

Is it difficult to transfer drone ownership?

I can't speak from personal experience, but I know people have done it and haven't seen anybody complain.

What is an almost new Mavic worth, realistically?  Would you pay retail price?

I wouldn't pay full retail price considering that I could get a brand new one fairly quickly. As far as what it's worth, eBay is probably the best place to determine that. I'm sure there are some slightly used Mavics on there; check the completed auctions to see what they're selling for.
2017-2-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Jdwyier Posted at 2017-2-17 03:01
I'm not aware of any hardware changes.

Only hardware change is with the early version you can remove controller sticks, with newer version you can't.
Insurance I don't think is transferable, but you can check, you can still get care refresh , but you have to go through a video procedure, you can check this on the dji website.

What's it worth ,secondhand I suppose if it's good condition $800 , Combo $1050...
2017-2-17
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Check it over for ANY scratches or abrasions,  most especially on or around the gimbal/camera/lens.
Check the arms fold nice and smooth and lock snuggly into position ( check the wiring in the arms for visable twisting/marking).
Check all props for even the tiniest of marks, check the spare set too ( if there is no spare set, ask why)
Check each motor spins silky smooth, and have NO marks on them what so ever
Fly it and check the footage for clarity /focus across the whole frame,  check it behaves as it should, listen for noises not expected.
2017-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules