Spare Part Number 37 - UV Filter Installation
657 6 2017-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N762CB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513970 ft
United States

OK - I'm feeling a little bit silly/stupid here and I need some advice.

I recently bought the DJI Phantom 4 Spare Part #37 (UV Filter) for the camera and it’s the real thing (not a 3rd party item/knockoff).

How do I go about removing the existing camera lens cover on my Phantom 4 (not PRO) which came installed on the P4 from the factory?

I assumed that a counter-clockwise turn of the cover lens would remove it (see the attached photo of the example for the Phantom 4 PRO) but I am having no luck and don’t want to force anything which make break my drone.

I can “see” the small line around the lens on my P4 which makes me think it should unscrew or “wiggle” off with some back & forth momentum, but no luck.

I’m assuming it’s the same method on both the P4 & P4 PRO, so am I missing anything?

If my the factory lens cover is “stuck”, then any suggestions either via pics or video links in removing it would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance to your replies !!   

Replacing the lens

Replacing the lens
2017-2-17
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177720 ft
United Kingdom

I used a latex glove to grip the filter and unscrew ,I may be wrong but I thought that the filter that came with the P4 was a uv filter ,so if you have bought a genuine dji uv filter you may be replacing like for like (based on me thinking that it came with the uv filter fitted)
2017-2-17
Use props
s0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153852 ft
United Kingdom

It is very thin so if you grip it hard then it distorts and jams.

Grip it very lightly,using as many fingers as possible so as to distribute the finger-tip pressure fairly evenly around the circumference.
2017-2-17
Use props
jwt-873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

When I picked up a set of ND filters, I had trouble removing the phantom's UV filter.   I used a hair dryer and warmed up the ring.  Being metal, the heat expanded the ring more than the plastic threads.  That made it loose enough to unscrew with little resistance.

Out of curiosity, why are you replacing your stock DJI UV filter with a Stock DJI UV filter?

2017-2-17
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

s0 Posted at 2017-2-17 04:06
It is very thin so if you grip it hard then it distorts and jams.

Grip it very lightly,using as many fingers as possible so as to distribute the finger-tip pressure fairly evenly around the circumference.

Yes this has been my experience also - squeeze too hard and it won't budge.
2017-2-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would agree with all above comment. I also put a tiny (very tiny) amount of petroleum jelly on the threads which helps when changing out my ND filters.

As mentioned above, the existing filter on front of the camera is a UV filter.
2017-2-17
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

i didnt know you have to remove anything from the camera. the filters should snap over the front glass. you're probably talking about these filters:
2017-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules