Warranty
1033 7 2017-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scavok
lvl.1
United States

Good Morning!

I just received my drone.  Haven't flown it yet, however I'm concerned about the accidents and so forth based on some other forum members have experienced.  I found this company online and I was wondering if anybody else has heard or dealt with them before.  

VH Drones

It seems like a good deal.  2 years, $249.00 since I got the fly more combo.  $200 deductible per incident.  

Any input would be appreciated.  

Thank you!
2017-2-17
Use props
Turkk71
lvl.2
United States

Have not heard of them, bought the DJI Care plan, and figured they would know best how to repair the drone.  Haven't used it yet, but seems to be a mixed bag based on what i have read here and others I have talked to who have used it.  
2017-2-17
Use props
scavok
lvl.1
United States

That's what I thought too.  Hopefully others chime in because I'd like to add the extra piece of mind.  Working at a dealership in service I see a lot cars that require large repairs.  Owners than regret not getting extended warranty.  All my used cars I've purchased, I've forked up the extra money for that piece of mind.  I haven't really seen any reviews about that company or found anything with the BBB that would discredit them.  I have a couple more weeks to think about it until I need to purchase something.  
2017-2-17
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

scavok Posted at 2017-2-17 06:42
That's what I thought too.  Hopefully others chime in because I'd like to add the extra piece of mind.  Working at a dealership in service I see a lot cars that require large repairs.  Owners than regret not getting extended warranty.  All my used cars I've purchased, I've forked up the extra money for that piece of mind.  I haven't really seen any reviews about that company or found anything with the BBB that would discredit them.  I have a couple more weeks to think about it until I need to purchase something.

Have you considered a State Farm policy ($60 per year for most people)?
2017-2-17
Use props
jtylercook
lvl.1

United States

I bought DJI Refresh, and I will also have it listed on my State Farm policy. My agent just told me to bring the box and all in, so he could get serial, photos, etc..
2017-2-17
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

By the way, if you read the information on VH Drones' web page, you'll find that the offering is actually through Consumer Priority Service, which provides warranty services for a variety of consumer goods. Some of their warranties are also available through Amazon, so you may want to browse the reviews there. VH Drones seems to be a reputable business, but if you ever actually had a claim I suspect you'd be dealing exclusively with CPS, and the reviews of them on Amazon suggest that it might not be a great experience.
2017-2-17
Use props
scavok
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-17 06:51
Have you considered a State Farm policy ($60 per year for most people)?

Really, State Farm?  Wow, did not know that.  I wonder if Geico has something similar.  Thanks for the tip.
2017-2-17
Use props
scavok
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-17 07:03
By the way, if you read the information on VH Drones' web page, you'll find that the offering is actually through Consumer Priority Service, which provides warranty services for a variety of consumer goods. Some of their warranties are also available through Amazon, so you may want to browse the reviews there. VH Drones seems to be a reputable business, but if you ever actually had a claim I suspect you'd be dealing exclusively with CPS, and the reviews of them on Amazon suggest that it might not be a great experience.

I will check out those reviews, thanks for the info.
2017-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules