Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5 camera update?
5601 7 2017-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric Rudd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133944 ft
United States

I'm trying to update the firmware on my X5 camera attached to the Inspire 1. I am unable to find any documentation on the process.

I recently tried to update to the 1.10 version of the aircraft, but it would not update with the X5 camera attached. I had to mount the x3, update the firmware, then put the x5 back on.

There is a link in the DJI Go app to watch a video on updating, but it does not load any video.

Thoughts?

Eric
2017-2-17
Use props
Eric Rudd
lvl.2
United States

It may be that it is supposed to update along with the aircraft update, but can't since I had to use the X3 to update the aircraft.
2017-2-17
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Hi Eric,

It sounds like you have the wrong firmware. X3 firmware will not work in the X5. Try here.
X5 Firmware

Mark G.

2017-2-17
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-2-17 08:20
Hi Eric,

It sounds like you have the wrong firmware. X3 firmware will not work in the X5. Try here.

In the Link Mark provide be SURE TO use the drop down list to" SELECT PRODUCT ' box   just above the downloads list on the upper left of the page for  the X5 camera, it defaults to the X3 but in order to use the X5, you will need to update that one as well.  
Or you can go directly to the Imaging solutions  page for the X5 as well, either way gives you the file . You will want the download  on the top right side 12 -16 -2016 for the latest on the X5
http://www.dji.com/zenmuse-x5/info#downloads

LOTS of members miss this by  the way , at least 3 times a week this is asked....

donnie

2017-2-17
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-17 09:39
In the Link Mark provide be SURE TO use the drop down list to" SELECT PRODUCT ' box   just above the downloads list on the upper left of the page for  the X5 camera, it defaults to the X3 but in order to use the X5, you will need to update that one as well.  
Or you can go directly to the Imaging solutions  page for the X5 as well, either way gives you the file . You will want the download  on the top right side 12 -16 -2016 for the latest on the X5
http://www.dji.com/zenmuse-x5/info#downloads

My bad Donnie. The link had defaulted back to the X3. But yeh, what Donnie said

Mark G.
2017-2-17
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-2-17 12:28
My bad Donnie. The link had defaulted back to the X3. But yeh, what Donnie said

Mark G.

No worries brother, it's all good !

donnie
2017-2-18
Use props
Eric Rudd
lvl.2
United States

Thanks to everyone. I discovered that the firmware on the x5 download page IS different than the firmware on the Inspire 1 downloads page, even though both files have the exact same filename and version number. One worked to upgrade the x5 and the other didn't.
2017-3-10
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

Eric Rudd Posted at 2017-3-10 12:18
Thanks to everyone. I discovered that the firmware on the x5 download page IS different than the firmware on the Inspire 1 downloads page, even though both files have the exact same filename and version number. One worked to upgrade the x5 and the other didn't.

Sure , Happy to help .

donnie
2017-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules