Mavic Technical Support Experience
1290 5 2017-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mav 1
lvl.1
Australia

Hey guys,

I just wanted to share an experience I had going through the repair service for my Mavic Pro.

First, I live in Queensland and for me when I was going through panic mode when I had a malfunction with my Mavic Pro was, 'who can I see that can look after me?'

Wow what a ride! Any how I've learnt a lot from this experience and hope this can help other in similar situations.

There are threads out there which goes on about the time in which it took for them to get their drone back this thread is more about the experience and not so much the time.

What was important for me about this experience and process is building the trust with the service team and knowing I was in good hands.

So back to my point.

After the malfunction I immediately got on to this forum and asked about service locations and where I can take my Mavic to have my issue sorted

- Positive experience I had here is that one of the DJI Team members was quick to identify my concern and referred my matter to the correct area for review.

There after I was put through the technical team who has guided me through the process and organised for a pick up for my Mavic to take it to their servic center for assessment.

- Positive experience is that the staff here were so awesome being sencere about my experience, I really felt that they wanted to look after me so kudo's for the technical team for   giving me such a positive and re-assuring experience!

- Negative here was that my enquiry was during the Chinese New Year and I should have received an email advising of staff availablity during the period and because of the lack of communication during this period I made further enquiries and got a hold of UAV wholesales in Vicoria who was prompt and gave me options to send it their way and they would look after my Mavic repairs. (Thank you Matt James 'Managing Director' for your assistance)

Long story short, the technical team finally got back on line and sorted things out and organised a pick up for my Mavic to be taken to their service wherehouse in Melbourne

Now some feedback from the support crew that assessed my Mavic

- Nothing but positive feedback here, I was given the impression that it would be a two week wait however the guys did it all in a week and my Mavic now is with the courier awaiting dispatch so I'm assuming 2-3 business days before I'll get my Mavic back which will be some time next week (Phew, cant wait!!)

(I'll keep you all posted on the quality and if any noticable changes to my Mavic once I receive it back)

So in summary, thanks to those in the DJI team that have assisted, I have had an overall great experience so please keep up the good work!

signing off!
Mav 1

Service Time Line.png
2017-2-17
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

Nice to know it works but hope we never need it. Thanks for the post
2017-2-18
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

Nice to read a positive post!
2017-2-18
Use props
smodra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3845 ft
Australia

Hi Mav 1,

Do you remember how long it took to get the "Damage Assessed" status updated? The note says it will take one working day so be patient, however I have a P4P with them and it's been sitting there for a week and a half with no status update.
I'm losing my patience with these people!
Thanks for any info.
Cheers,
Simon.
2017-2-21
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

I had a really good experience as well, recently I had a crash with my DJI Standard Drone and it ended up on a roof. Sent all the logs etc to the DJI Support and they sent me a new drone. I can provide you more details if you wish. I was super nice to their Support and because I am also in Support role I know the frustration
2017-2-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job well balanced post.
2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now