No Image Transmission and Laggy Video Feed after update
1478 10 2017-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
detectiveddubs
lvl.1
United States

Got my brand new Mavic today from Fedex. Charged up the batteries, remote and updated all the firmware. Turned it on for the first time, went through calibrations on all systems. Immediately had video feed problems. Not 2 minutes into the drone being on, video feed cut in and out. "No Image Transmission" popped up everytime the screen went black. Then back to video. On and off. When the video feed was on, insane delay on the image.

Weak video interference. 12 mbps video quality and still transmission problems. I've tried different cables for my Iphone 7 plus with the same problem.

Currently in the process of reinstalling the firmware. But seriously...what in the literal hell is this. $1000 drone that doesn't work out of the box. First DJI drone I've bought. First drone I've bought and this is not a good first impression. I'm really hoping this reinstall does the trick.

Anyone else experience an image transmission problems with their mavic? It cuts in and out. It's extremely laggy and no matter how much i restart the drone, controller or app, its hasn't helped.

2017-2-17
Use props
fans3d90b992
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1406991 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same issue yesterday.. did the update on wednesday evening, checked all my settings and test flew Mavic in back garden... all ok. but when filming on a location, nearly a 100 miles away, video signal cut in and out several times.. in the space of a short flight, it was very concering as I was over the sea.. thought best of continuing with any more flights and went home.Never had a issue till I installed latest update,,
2017-2-17
Use props
detectiveddubs
lvl.1
United States

fans3d90b992 Posted at 2017-2-17 23:56
I had the same issue yesterday.. did the update on wednesday evening, checked all my settings and test flew Mavic in back garden... all ok.

We're you able to get it back to normal? Does your video feed work now?
2017-2-18
Use props
fans3d90b992
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Im going out today.. to try locally.... Rechecked the install on my mavic and remote.. all was good.. all settings correct still.. Im at a loss as to why this has happened now.. other than the update issue
2017-2-18
Use props
detectiveddubs
lvl.1
United States

Heres an interesting development. I've reinstalled the firmware using DJI Go. After the firmware refresh, everything works awesome! BUT as soon I restart the controller and Mavic as instructed by DJI, everything goes right back to hell. Transmission errors and all.

I did another refresh of the firmware. Success again! But as soon as I turn off the controller and Mavic its back to transmission problems after I turn it back on.

Currently, downgrading to see if that works while DJI figures their crap out.

DJI. some support on this would be great.
2017-2-18
Use props
cutter1703
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76276 ft
Germany

Have the same issue (iPhone 7) since firmware update.
Laggy video and disconnects...
2017-2-18
Use props
fans3d90b992
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Im using a Iphone 6plus.. with all apps turned of and in airplane mode... this phone is my dedicated phone for mavic only... never had a issue before update..........
2017-2-18
Use props
Mad Mikee
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just got back from flying.. not good at all, I had errors for compass,froward position sensors, magnetic interference and the list goes on
Im rolling back to previous firmware till this issue is sorted
2017-2-18
Use props
detectiveddubs
lvl.1
United States

Update:

I found out that the image transmission works perfectly in WIFI mode. So it seems the image transmission may be with the remote controller. That's a relief. If its a hardware issue, DJI would most likely replace the RC vs the Mavic.

Does anyone have a solution for RC image transmission issues?

I've reinstalled the new firmware directly to the RC with DJI assistant 2. Downgraded and upgraded again, but no change in transmission strength. Switched back to WIFI mode and its perfect. Also used different cables in both ports.

I guess I can learn to get comfortable with WIFI mode while I get this RC fixed.
2017-2-18
Use props
fans485324e8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62723 ft
United Kingdom

I have a dedicated Lenevo T3 running OS6 Marshmallow. after the update it is unflyable, it is laggy, the image is terrible on screen, the recorded image on the SD card is fine. I tried WI-FI after reading above and mine is also fine in WIFI mode!  I reset the TAB to factory reloaded the app no change. BUT..my Samsung S8 running OREO OS8 is perfect. just like the tablet a month or so ago.  So has this new update taken Marshmallow out?
2018-3-29
Use props
March
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62723 ft
United Kingdom

fans485324e8 Posted at 2018-3-29 09:58
I have a dedicated Lenevo T3 running OS6 Marshmallow. after the update it is unflyable, it is laggy, the image is terrible on screen, the recorded image on the SD card is fine. I tried WI-FI after reading above and mine is also fine in WIFI mode!  I reset the TAB to factory reloaded the app no change. BUT..my Samsung S8 running OREO OS8 is perfect. just like the tablet a month or so ago.  So has this new update taken Marshmallow out?

Update. I rolled back my GO4 app to October 2017 now everything is back where it was. I will keep the APK in case the next update has the same issue.
2018-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules