Please Help!!! Controller not connecting to Mavic Pro.
103833 186 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb092961b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79459 ft
Japan

DJI MAVIC IS AN AWESOME DRONE, AND THIER CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST I HAVE SEEN FOR ANY COMPANY EVER. BESIDES MAYBE THE POST OFFICE.

Here is what you are looking for:

I can't stress enough how upset I am at DJI.

I had the same issue and their reply was "make sure it's on"

F#*()&$)(*#&$)(*#&)(*&$_)*(&$
2017-3-16
Use props
fansa04cbf4f
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fansb092961b Posted at 2017-3-16 04:49
DJI MAVIC IS AN AWESOME DRONE, AND THIER CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST I HAVE SEEN FOR ANY COMPANY EVER. BESIDES MAYBE THE POST OFFICE.

Here is what you are looking for:

Nope, we have all tried that! First thing I tried, anyway as an update, I have sent my controller to DJI and have been told that I should have a replacement in the next week or so. But this really hits my confidence in the product, I am intending on flying this thing over people and roads... but I'm now not sure whether this is a good idea anymore. I have a fear that it my just drop out of the sky! But once I start flying it I'm sure my confidence will increase... annoying that I will only get to fly it properly, after owning it for over a month. Really bad... when the issue was identified they should have sent a replacement straight away, so I could start flying within a week. At least the AC works and I can fly it from the app... however this is quite dangerous, as I have accidentally hit the "flight modes" button whilst flying which has caused some issues... especially when flying in close quarters...
2017-3-16
Use props
fansed2c0449
New
United Kingdom

mfangler Posted at 2017-3-15 13:35
Only had mine a week and it sounds as if my issues were identical to yours. I know you may not want to hear this but I sent the RC back. They sent a new replacement one this week and already I have had 3 flights. The new RC connected to the mobile and MAVIC (had to press the link) immediately. I had spent hours frustratedly trying everything. If you have tried everything, consider sending a report to DJI and get it sent back. I ordered mine December and only received it just over 2 weeks ago. I have a feeling that as demand was so high for the MAVIC, there may have been some QC issues as the MAVIC and RC should be paired. Don't wait if you have tried everything. P.S. My flights this week have been brilliant. What a great bird!

Received my Mavic today 17 March 2017 from Apple UK after waiting for literally months for it. immediately after unpacking the box, charging batteries and turning the device on, I was asked to update the firmware. The firmware never completed and then the remote lost the connection to the MAVIC. MEGA disappointed and very frustrated. I intend returning this faulty **** to APPLE tomorrow and seeking a refund. Trouble is I registered for DJI care refresh at £99 too ! Just what are DJI trying to do to us all !!!!!! ?
2017-3-17
Use props
Rabii0_4
New
United Kingdom

Returned my MAVIC today to Apple Store Glasgow. Staff were great and I received a no quibble refund. Well done APPLE ,Glasgow
2017-3-18
Use props
fans7015c3dd
New
United States

I have the same problem, tried every combination of things. WiFi is OK but controller will not connect to anything phone (android) tablet (is ipad mini4) or assistant (pc windows 10) this is BS. Not a single flight. Did the update first thing. It froze up at 0%
2017-3-24
Use props
fansf6b9ef0d
New

United States

I purchased a brand new Mavic Pro directly from DJI. Got my unit and instantly out the box the remote would not connect. It would only say "connecting" I literally spend hours on the phone with care, also hours with the chat groups. After all that time spent trouble shooting they tell me to send this less then 24hour old drone BACK to them.  It takes nearly a full month for the repair process, I actually just got it back today! Shouldn't be surprised but I take it out the box, charge both the battery and remote as instructed and SAME EXACT ISSUE! It is like I sent it to them for them to hold for a month only to send it right back with nothing done.  I've now been number 15 in the queue for 28min and counting!
2017-3-27
Use props
DroneFan365
New
Flight distance : 250554 ft
United States

DaveHarpe Posted at 2017-3-8 19:33
Hi everyone,
Mavic Pro, brand new out of the box and the same problem described here: Stuck at 39%, no movement for 30 minutes or so. My fix was similar to others but here are my steps:
- Power the controller off (tap once, then tap and hold)

Good morning guys. I am also a victim of the 39% update crash. Its very disheartening because I moved to the Mavic Pro after fighting a Phantom 3 which quit connecting to my iDevice after upgrading to iOS 10 last year. I grew tired of fighting with restoring, updating, calling tech support for a nothing answer and so-on. Thus, I bought the Mavic and what do you know, right out of the box I run into these software issues.

I came across this thread and decided to follow the steps in this post from DaveHarpe.
The aircraft update was successful from my Mac, no issues whatsoever. However, once I disconnected from the Mac and powered my aircraft back up, then powered up my remote, it instantly connected to my aircraft. I plugged my iPhone into the controller and opened up the DJI app to find that I was connected and ready to fly.

Not sure if anyone else has tried DaveHarpe's method but once you turn on the controller see if it connects to your aircraft. Its worth mentioning that while my controller did connect to my aircraft, the DJI Assistant app on my computer did NOT see the controller after about 2 minutes. I'm not sure if it has somethign to do with the controller being connected to the aircraft or some other issue.

Good luck. This will probably be my last drone from DJI regardless of how my experience goes from here forward. I am just too weary the next software glitch will happen at 300 feet over a lake.
2017-3-31
Use props
Timboo
New
Switzerland

DJI have told me this is not a warranty issue and want to charge me $400 to repair it!
2017-3-31
Use props
fansf4dedfd6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105932 ft
United States

I have not had my Mavic over I week yet, and the only time it was in the air is when I picked it up. I was going to pay $100. for the care progra. But now I don't think so. I have tried all kind of combinations of tricks to get my remote, quad, and tablet to connect. I even went out and got a new Samsung tablet cause I was told by tech support that LG wont work.  I have put a lot of cash in to this and can't get it to work,
I jump ship from Yuneec and this is what I get. Dji we need your help.
2017-4-2
Use props
bskarpa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 381089 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue with connection with my phone linking. It was working fine then all of a sudden lost connection and it would go in and out. To me it seemed like a connection issue with the cable to the phone. I could fly but couldn't see.
2017-4-9
Use props
joseph88
New

Hong Kong

Do you have Mech Err show on RC?  I have connecting issue too
2017-4-9
Use props
christhecoool
New
United States

Check your AC and make sure the RC switch is turned on. Thats  what ended up being my issue.
2017-4-24
Use props
TUFKUKI
New
Singapore

i believe its an RC issue, i was updating firmware via Go App and it hangs at 51%, after which i switch of the app, RC / drone and tried again, howvere this time the RC just shows its connecting and doesn't connects to my drone / iphone.

tried using DJI asst 2, drones connects perfecty fine with firmware updating. however when i connect the RC, DJI asst 2 detects the RC and shows the available firmware, but when i click to upgrade, it keeps prompting upgrading failed. tried other methods pressing those 4 buttons, nothing works
2017-5-5
Use props
TUFKUKI
New
Singapore

After a disruption during upgrading hanged at 51%.

I'm experiecing same thing too, the RC is always in connecting when i try to connect my drone. when its connected to the computer to update with DJI Asst 2, it shows its connecting and i'm able to see the firmware. but when i click upgrade, it always prompt update failed. when i click factory reset, it also says failure to reset.

I hope DJI can come up with some answers, its pretty frustrating have this kindly of condition with the set just out of the box.
2017-5-5
Use props
fanse8c8b905
lvl.1
Flight distance : 430823 ft
Canada

I just got a refreshed Mavic back from DJI. I sent the controller too, so they could bind them at DJI and test, because they said that's what they do a the California facility. Got my Mavic and controller back from DJI about 6 weeks later and the controller and Mavic are NOT bound and will not Bind. Thanks for a big screw you from DJI. They did not even take a minute to get the two bound before sending back to me. So Hating DJI right now, will never buy another DJI product ever.
2017-5-7
Use props
fanse8c8b905
lvl.1
Flight distance : 430823 ft
Canada

Ok it worked that time. The two are now bound with the latest firmwares. Apparently one has to curse at the equipment for 10 minutes to make it work.
2017-5-7
Use props
fansab156500
New
France

I also have the same problem obviously in the book of defective material and their service after sale does not propose any solution It will teach us to serve at their competitor  Jacques
2017-5-9
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Exactly the same issue !!!! touch your gimbal, is it incredibly hot ? because I think my gimbal over heats causing the mavic not to connect to the controller
2017-5-9
Use props
fans102960f5
New
Flight distance : 3169 ft
Netherlands

I also had problems with connection lost: no camera, the app says"Not connected", or looses connection after a few minutes. The remote however still seemed to be connected.
I had NO problems when I switched my Iphone 6 Plus to Airplane mode.
Now I updated to the latest firmware using the DJI Assistent ( didn't do that before ). The program had some trouble findind the remote and the AC, but windows 10 is famous for it's USB connection problems. I tried different  ports, ending up with USB 2.0 ( try as much ports as you can!)
Now I updated again both the RC and the AC using DJI-assistent.
Did a short test afterwards, with my iPhone NOT switched to Airplane mode, and everything seems to work well. Will keep you updated after a longer test.
2017-5-11
Use props
fans634a8669
New

India

I have exactly the same problem, any solution?
2017-5-13
Use props
fans634a8669
New

India

I have exactly the same problem!
2017-5-13
Use props
fans335cd650
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1269619 ft
United States

Dracolam Posted at 2017-2-18 20:25
Hi. can you help describe the step. I have similar problem. It is just bad luck on me I guess.

My RC now always in Connnecting mode... did whatever I can find and nothing can be done. Some advice is need. I have already send an email to DJI support

same thing i believe its a firmware bug , switch to wifi then back to rc and that works until a new update comes out
2017-5-13
Use props
fans335cd650
lvl.1
United States

mppro Posted at 2017-2-19 00:36
I'm having the exact same issue.  DJI you know this is an issue.  You need to either fix this or Overnight us new remotes.

DJI this is unacceptable.  Do the right thing and take care of your customers.  Find a solution or Overnight us new remote controls.  

same thing i believe its a firmware bug , switch to wifi then back to rc and that works until a new update comes out
2017-5-13
Use props
fans335cd650
lvl.1
United States

LGangway Posted at 2017-2-18 09:11
OK, so now I've tried this on my Mac as well as my Windows PC.  DJI Assistant is not recognizing my RC on either.  It appeared that the driver installed on my windows PC, but how can I verify that?

same on mine after the update , i believe that is what it is . i have to reconnect battery to plug and assure its off then reconnect it . then when that doesnt do it i switch from rc to wifi then turn on then i power off and switch back to rc then 100% works . i hate i have to do this
2017-5-13
Use props
fans335cd650
lvl.1
United States

2017-5-13
Use props
BobDumon
lvl.1
United States

Jdwyier Posted at 2017-2-18 07:26
Only thing I can think of is perhaps the order of operation or a finicky USB cable.

Make sure Assistant2 app is closed.

It takes a while for the little Mavic Pro icon to appear.  Give it a minute or so and it should show up....
2017-5-14
Use props
BobDumon
lvl.1
United States

mppro Posted at 2017-2-20 13:14
I hope a cure is found.  

I have a huge trip planned so I went ahead and ordered a new controller, hopefully it arrives in the next two weeks.

I just got a new unit yesterday, May 12, and the controller still won't recognize the AC.  Get the "Connecting" message at 50% and then it just sits there and spins.  So DJI is shipping new controllers that don't work!  Maybe I should have gone with a Phantom 4. This sucks!
2017-5-14
Use props
Dracolam
New
Singapore

i have send in and get a replacement... totally no luck. Now got back a new unit
2017-5-24
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have just sent mine packing today with UPS for a RMA I have problems connecting mine ever since I received it (Dec 2016) and like most of you I was hoping a firmware update would fix it but it did not, The strangest thing is it would connect to the Drone strait after a firmware update or refresh, I could then fly it for a short while and it would loose connection or if I turned off the RC and Drone for 30 minutes or so then tried to connect again it would not, I have tried everything, Now DJI are telling me its a hardware issue probably the controller!
I have been dreading sending it back because of all the horror stories I have seen on here and this was a last resort for me,,
I just hope I am wrong and DJI do the right thing but I am not holding my breath, I just hope I do not get someone else's dud sent back to me, and the send me back a new one if it needs replacing,

The product has been faulty from day 1 and I paid for a working flying drone and did not receive it not a second hand unit, I have care refresh but I think also that I should have to use that as I was sold a faulty product in the first place and they should send me a new one that works
2017-5-24
Use props
fans325a1cf8
New

Australia

I sent my Mvic to DJI with the same issue. They said that it worked fine for them and are now sending it back to me...
2017-5-25
Use props
fansa7861c62
New

Brazil

I both the mavic pro but my controller don't work... helped me please...
2017-5-26
Use props
fansa7861c62
New

Brazil

DJI Isn't correct
2017-5-26
Use props
fans9dae6b06
New
Mexico

Im having the same problem. Controller, press then press and hold, the controller says "connecting" then seems to shut down to a battery level indicator after a few seconds. The annoying thing is it is intermittent. I tried a few minutes later and all was fine.

Updated to the latest firmware. I was at the importer yesterday and they did stick calibration, IMU calibration and compass calibration for another controller issue. Test fight and all was fine. Now this.
2017-5-29
Use props
sportbikes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105151 ft
United States

I found my RC not connecting to AC.  Flashing yellow...

I accidentally flipped the WIFI / RC switch near the Micro SD when inserting the SD card.  Once I put it back to RC, mine connected instantly.  

I thought I would post, since I spent about 2 hours searching for resolutions for he problem.
2017-6-10
Use props
ClutchRyan
New
United States

So... after spending all night with this same problem, I came across this youtube video... Literally just unplug the side USB/Lightning from the RC and use a standard white apple lightning cord and plug it into the bottom USB on the RC... The app immediately recognized my RC and I was able to do the firmware updates and fly my drone for the first time!!! Hope this helps!
2017-6-16
Use props
ClutchRyan
New
United States

ClutchRyan Posted at 2017-6-16 22:39
So... after spending all night with this same problem, I came across this youtube video... Literally just unplug the side USB/Lightning from the RC and use a standard white apple lightning cord and plug it into the bottom USB on the RC... The app immediately recognized my RC and I was able to do the firmware updates and fly my drone for the first time!!! Hope this helps!

2017-6-16
Use props
El Mar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61470 ft
Germany

Hi,
sadly this isn´t working for me.
Is there any official message from DJI?

There are so many views to this topic, so many guys that paid a horrible price to it, and DJI isn´t able to fix it overnight, or just give any official message?

What are you guys doing now?
Tried much settings in Windows, tried to bind aswell, but i can´t find my AC, not with PC or other devices, not with Wi-Fi.
Do you still have that prob?
Are you waiting for a new Upgrade with the hoping, that this is gonna fixed?

BTW Windows 10, Windows 7, Android 7 and for RC firmware .550 - .600 - .700 - .800 and factory reset.
2017-6-17
Use props
fans99faf433
New
Flight distance : 1421 ft
Italy

Make sure the "WIFI / RC" switch is on "RC". Looking at the Mavic from the front, the swith is on the left behind a little rubber lid.
2017-6-18
Use props
El Mar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61470 ft
Germany

fans99faf433 Posted at 2017-6-18 10:24
Make sure the "WIFI / RC" switch is on "RC". Looking at the Mavic from the front, the swith is on the left behind a little rubber lid.

Thx, but this is tried.
I switched it. Btw, i tried to connect with Wi-Fi, too. Won´t connect, too.
Update from "Go 4 App" from today, don´t changes anything.
2017-6-18
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338 ft

United States

Same issue here. Can't get the app to connect to the AC. Can fly in WiFi mode. Can't get the app to work through the remote in RC mode.
I've tried everything short of sending unit back to DJI.
2017-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules