Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Please Help!!! Controller not connecting to Mavic Pro.
103777 186 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zaphforty7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915928 ft
United States

Had the same issues. Sent my aircraft/controlled back to DJI for repairs and they're sending me a refurb (or new) drone as soon as they have stock.
2017-2-22
Use props
fans568ab868
lvl.1
Australia

zaphforty7 Posted at 2017-2-22 15:48
Had the same issues. Sent my aircraft/controlled back to DJI for repairs and they're sending me a refurb (or new) drone as soon as they have stock.

That's not good!

In addition, I have DJI Refresh, so I'm essentially paying for service against a faulty item! What's the chances of DJI extending my refresh for how ever long it takes to fix this issue!!
2017-2-22
Use props
zaphforty7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915928 ft
United States

None at all. I have DJI Care Refresh as well....still waiting with clear skies above...
2017-2-22
Use props
Michael Linder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37740 ft
United States

Same issue here. DJI Assistant 2 will not recognize either my MP or RTC. With the MP turned on and connected to Windows 10, the DJI Windows driver installs, but then this Windows dialogue appears saying the driver is "Not needed (No device for updating.)"

So I guess we're all playing the same game, pretending its a USB cable issue and driving up sales for USB cables around the world. Swell. I never had much faith in the marriage of technology and Communism.  

2017-2-22
Use props
mzfly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 467474 ft
New Zealand

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-20 22:27
I'm very sorry about this. I've reported this to the R&D and an answer should come soon.

Hi Thor could you please have a look at my post Car Charger Burnout. I would need your help.

Thanks
2017-2-22
Use props
fansd108ebfe
New
Australia

fans568ab868 Posted at 2017-2-22 14:44
I'm experiencing the same issue - It displays 'Connecting' on the RC screen and the Mavic flashes rapid yellow. I've had my Mavic 3 days and I was able to previoulsy connect the RC to my Mavic on the latest firmware.

I have tried manually connecting it via the app using the 'Linking Remote Controller' feature > 'Link RC' > 'OK' and it displays 'Remote Controller Linked' even though it isn't!

I am having the exact same problem.....can we return the controller?
2017-2-23
Use props
fans568ab868
lvl.1
Australia

fansd108ebfe Posted at 2017-2-23 09:22
I am having the exact same problem.....can we return the controller?

Hopefully or maybe they will release a new update, as all these issues seem to occur since the latest firmware.

I currently have a case open with DJI have provided them with requested video evidence, I will let you know the outcome.....
2017-2-23
Use props
fans673a9b6d
New

Switzerland

I gave my unit back since there is no solution here
2017-2-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

LGangway Posted at 2017-2-18 07:39
Followed this event chain, still does not recognize the remote when turned on...

I skimmed through this post and was wondering if you could try a remote reset using the same method as we do with the Inspire 1??  

I would be worth a try:
Try to reset the remote controller.
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Rich
2017-2-25
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-25 10:19
I skimmed through this post and was wondering if you could try a remote reset using the same method as we do with the Inspire 1??  

I would be worth a try:

Curious to see if there is any result... if it works then it would be strange that DJI request to send in the RC an AC for investigation/ repair.
(i do not have this problem, only reading, my mavic is repair for camera issue)
2017-2-25
Use props
mppro
lvl.1
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-25 10:19

I would be worth a try:

Rich, No just tried it, have tried many times over last week.  Can't get it to work.  I imagine, hundreds to thousands of people are having this issue.  When I contacted customer service they very quickly just said send it in for repair.  
2017-2-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mppro Posted at 2017-2-25 14:27
Rich, No just tried it, have tried many times over last week.  Can't get it to work.  I imagine, hundreds to thousands of people are having this issue.  When I contacted customer service they very quickly just said send it in for repair.

Okay, sorry about that... it was worth a shot.

Sometimes the simple things help.

this must be a problem when the FW was installing onto the remote modules and rendered it with a failed installation.  That's a bummer

Rich
2017-2-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Anoniem Posted at 2017-2-25 13:33
Curious to see if there is any result... if it works then it would be strange that DJI request to send in the RC an AC for investigation/ repair.
(i do not have this problem, only reading, my mavic is repair for camera issue)

My Mavic is in the shop waiting for repair / replacement for a camera focus issue.  I did not have this problem with my Mavic either. The FW update went smoothly for me.

I liked the hidden file confirmation system that we had on the Inspire 1 after the FW update. You could check all the listed modules and see that they updated ok and the individual FW number. Since DJI has changed this on the new Mavic, P4P  and Inspire 2 using the DJI Assistant 2 or direct from the DJI Go App it is impossible to tell what happened now.

Rich
2017-2-25
Use props
SeanB13
New

United States

Sadly my mavic pro has the same issue right out of the box. Not even a single flight in. Thought to myself, after watching all the Youtube videos "make sure you are running the latest firmware".... ultimate fail. Totally disappointed. This was my first drone, and a pricey one at that.
2017-2-26
Use props
fansa04cbf4f
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have also had the same issue, I have flown it once. When turning it on a few days agp and connecting to the DJI GO 4 App, I was requested to update the firmware. I did this however it failed, following the instructions, if it is not updated after approx. 15 mins (I waited about 30 mins), turn off both the air craft and the remote controller and try again. This I did I had a few connection issues but after following your relinking guide I had a connection, when I was connected I was told that there was a firmware miss-match. I tried to update again however the controller, became "stuck" in connecting mode during the update, I switched it off and since then the controller wont connect to the aircraft, DJI go app or the DJI Assistant 2.

I have been in contact with DJI through facebook, phone, email and online chat. They have all given me similar information, button combinations for re-linking and resetting the drone. They have been very helpful, however I am still quite upset as I received the drone a few days ago (21st of February) . and they have not yet given me a reasonable comprise. I would like them to replace the remote asap, as this is very frustrating. I may have to send my remote for repairs.
2017-2-26
Use props
fans8848c427
New
Flight distance : 51781 ft
United States

fansa04cbf4f Posted at 2017-2-26 14:26
I have also had the same issue, I have flown it once. When turning it on a few days agp and connecting to the DJI GO 4 App, I was requested to update the firmware. I did this however it failed, following the instructions, if it is not updated after approx. 15 mins (I waited about 30 mins), turn off both the air craft and the remote controller and try again. This I did I had a few connection issues but after following your relinking guide I had a connection, when I was connected I was told that there was a firmware miss-match. I tried to update again however the controller, became "stuck" in connecting mode during the update, I switched it off and since then the controller wont connect to the aircraft, DJI go app or the DJI Assistant 2.

I have been in contact with DJI through facebook, phone, email and online chat. They have all given me similar information, button combinations for re-linking and resetting the drone. They have been very helpful, however I am still quite upset as I received the drone a few days ago (21st of February) . and they have not yet given me a reasonable comprise. I would like them to replace the remote asap, as this is very frustrating. I may have to send my remote for repairs.

Just received my mavic today and performed the firmware upgrade and had the same connectivity issues.  I found this thread and became very depressed.  I figured I would try a few things...First I refreshed the firmware via the assistant...the refresh succeeded but did not fix the issue.  Tried a factory reset via the assistant....that failed.  Then I downgraded to the previous firmware on both the drone and the RC...That worked! But now I am afraid to upgrade the firmware again to the latest... I may wait for the next one to appear.
2017-2-27
Use props
fansa04cbf4f
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fans8848c427 Posted at 2017-2-27 11:38
Just received my mavic today and performed the firmware upgrade and had the same connectivity issues.  I found this thread and became very depressed.  I figured I would try a few things...First I refreshed the firmware via the assistant...the refresh succeeded but did not fix the issue.  Tried a factory reset via the assistant....that failed.  Then I downgraded to the previous firmware on both the drone and the RC...That worked! But now I am afraid to upgrade the firmware again to the latest... I may wait for the next one to appear.

How did you manage to connect the RC to the DJI assistant?
2017-2-27
Use props
Mavic29er
New
Flight distance : 69167 ft
United States

+1, same thing happened to me today. First time out of the box the firmware stalled at 39%, I reset everything to start again and now the controller is 'connecting' indefinitely. Seems like DJI is aware of the problem since they've chimed in on this thread but haven't been able to successfully suggest a fix for anyone's Mavic? DJI, obviously this is an easily reproducible issue and is preventing many Mavic owners from flying. Please ship a fix ASAP! Since this seems to be a software issue it would be great to not have to mail anything (especially after waiting months for it to finally arrive today).

2017-2-27
Use props
fansf6b9ef0d
New

United States

This seems to be a common issue! An issue I had brand new out the box. The controller will not connect, I've tried all the pairing options, RC Link, C1+C2+Rec then capture, gimble toggle all the way to the left and S2 back and forth 5x fast, DJI Assistant (wouldn't connect to the PC on two different PC's).  All DJI will offer is a repair, for a brand new unit?! It should work out the box... Seems a lot of users dealing with this. Obviously it's a known issue... Wish DJI would take responsibility and help those having this issue better. These Drones aren't cheap at all, very disappointed. Will never purchase another DJI product again and dependent on this repair process I may go on a HUGE social media assault on DJI...I've saved all the logs for trouble shooting via chat and email... This will definitely deter people from buying... I am VERY much in touch with highly popular social media celebrities due to my job that would do absolutely anything for me.

Fingers crossed it doesn't get to that point.
2017-2-28
Use props
Cattel
New

Brazil

I`m at the same situation here.... NEED HELP
2017-3-1
Use props
fansa04cbf4f
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Cattel Posted at 2017-3-1 08:43
I`m at the same situation here.... NEED HELP

Email them asap (I would recommend email as then you have a log of the conversation). The faster you email the more likely you will be within the returns period. After a little while of back and forth emailing with them giving me solutions to try I have now got some promising emails about getting a replacement.
2017-3-1
Use props
Cattel
New

Brazil

fansa04cbf4f Posted at 2017-3-1 09:18
Email them asap (I would recommend email as then you have a log of the conversation). The faster you email the more likely you will be within the returns period. After a little while of back and forth emailing with them giving me solutions to try I have now got some promising emails about getting a replacement.

The problem is that I live in brazil and down here we can`t replace then, since we don`t have any kind of DJI support here! I`m hope they realease an software update soon
2017-3-1
Use props
fansa04cbf4f
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Cattel Posted at 2017-3-1 09:21
The problem is that I live in brazil and down here we can`t replace then, since we don`t have any kind of DJI support here! I`m hope they realease an software update soon

Where did you buy it from? I would still contact DJI about the drone as I will be under warranty by them, I'm not sure about how support will work for you... you may have to pay the postage for them but that is still a lot cheaper than a new drone! I have a feeling that a software update may not help im sorry to say, as there is an issue connecting to the DJI Assistant 2 software. However they may come up with something! I would really hope so as this is not good by DJI! However after a while of going around in circles they do seem to be sorting me out! I emailed them 5 days ago and they have been in constant contact trying to resolve the issue. As annoyed as I am with the issue, their customer support has been okay, not amazing but now they seem to be sorting me out I'm happy with them! Hopefully it will be resolved in the next week or so!
2017-3-1
Use props
mppro
lvl.1
United States

I couldn't wait on the repair option so I went ahead and bought a new remote off ebay.  Thank Goodness someone was selling one.

The new RC instantly connected to DJI Assistant and I upgraded the firmware.

The RC instantly connected to the AC when I instructed it to.

So yeah it really sucks that DJI knows this is a problem and doesn't figure out a solution.  Making their customers jump through hoops and blow another $300 to get a remote is crazy.

I'm heading to Hawaii in a few days and couldn't wait a month to get a RC so I had no choice but to take matters into my own hands.

Good luck to all with this issue however as of now you have no choice but to blow $300 or just send your RC in.
2017-3-1
Use props
fans76b24e88
New

Germany

Hi there,
I ve got the same issue. Tried to update my Mavic Pro - Software got stuck at 39%. The rest is history and was already described by the people above. Sucks big time! Spent too many hours trying to fix a brand new product. And this is not a cheap product isn't it? The DJI support chat team has no clue either. They suggest to send it in. And they want me to go through the regular repair steps. I'll wrap up the whole package send it back to DJI and ask them to wire my money back.
So DJI fix this problem. You broke it, you fix it! I waited long enough to get the drone (ordered in November, received it yesterday - hello?) Now back in waiting mode - that's bad...

2017-3-3
Use props
locksnews.com
New

United States

Mine came 2 days ago, same thing except my controller wont connect to the app, DJI is a joke the chat service person told me to send it back and fill out a form on dji site to do so could not even give me a link..... So i called waited for almost a hour on hold, guy tells me to use a different moble device one from their list so i go to store spen over $180 on a tablet come home set it up with djigo4 get to fly for about 7 min disconnects and wont reconect to the app I WANT MY MONEY BACK! if they cant come up with a app that works for a $1000.00 investment they shoud be shut down! You can hear more of my story on my radio program i expect i will be talking alot about it this Mon at 8:30 est time (new york usa) www.crazypraiseradio.com
2017-3-4
Use props
iSynthetixx
lvl.1
United States

My RC is bricked from the failed firmware update as well.

Is there anyway to download the .bin firmware file to try and add it to the Mavic RC manually via a USB stick? I can't find the a download for the firmware anywhere online.

Is there anyway to access the file system of the Mavic RC on the computer via a command prompt, ftp, or similar???
2017-3-4
Use props
Bert_Bacharach
New
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Similar issue here, except my AC seems to be bricked.  Literally had my drone delivered yesterday through the DJI Amazon store... got the 1300 dollar pro pack with extra batteries etc, connected go app/smartphone (note 5), recommended update, attempted to update devices via Go app, was repeatedly met with failed firmware updates, downloaded DJI assistant 2 app, tried updating RC and AC separate, no luck.  Remote successfully updated via Assistant, but can't get assistant to detect AC after first failed update attempt.  Additionally, when starting up AC, it makes two chime sounds and gives the yellow flashing light signifying RC and AC are unpaired.  No method of pairing will work.  Also tried to perform factory reset on RC, since assistant will detect RC, but am met with nothing but failures.  Rather than the remote being bricked, in my case it seems my AC is bricked.

Pretty frustrating, considering how excited I was to get this new equipment in the air.  Spent all afternoon yesterday and this morning trying all manner of combinations to remedy this issue, including multiple PC's, and mobile devices, as well as Apple, Android and PC devices.  Please fix this soon, DJI!
2017-3-4
Use props
EJP
New

United States

Exactly the same issue here.  new Mavic Pro, launched app, wants to do a firmware update, fails at 39%, controller unit is locked up in Conneting mode and won't even power off.  Tried with several devices attached to the controller, never even got to activation.
2017-3-5
Use props
EJP
New

United States

OK, success, here is what I did.  First my controller was stuck in connecting mode, finally after about 20 minutes it beeped and I was able to shut it down.  I then updated the Mavic via the DJI Assistant on my computer, that went without a hitch.  Now I had a Firmware mismatch error.  I decided to hook up my iPad to the controller to try to update the FW on the controller and it didn't work, until I pulle the connecting cable that normally goes to the phone out of the side of the controller.  Now the FW update to the controller was successful and everything connected properly.
2017-3-5
Use props
iSynthetixx
lvl.1
United States

EJP Posted at 2017-3-5 05:55
OK, success, here is what I did.  First my controller was stuck in connecting mode, finally after about 20 minutes it beeped and I was able to shut it down.  I then updated the Mavic via the DJI Assistant on my computer, that went without a hitch.  Now I had a Firmware mismatch error.  I decided to hook up my iPad to the controller to try to update the FW on the controller and it didn't work, until I pulle the connecting cable that normally goes to the phone out of the side of the controller.  Now the FW update to the controller was successful and everything connected properly.

When it was stuck in connecting mode you weren't able to shut it off or just connect to the drone? My RC wont connect to anything so I have no way to update the firmware.
2017-3-5
Use props
EJP
New

United States

iSynthetixx Posted at 2017-3-5 06:39
When it was stuck in connecting mode you weren't able to shut it off or just connect to the drone? My RC wont connect to anything so I have no way to update the firmware.

I couldn't even shut down the controller but eventually it did shut down.  I wasnt able to connect my RC to anything either until I pulled out the phone connection cord from the side of the unit.  I then connected the unit via the full sized USB port to my iPad, launched the DJI Go 4 app and then the FW update went smoothly.  I then reconnected the phone cord and plugged the phone in and everything connected and I just flew my first full battery charge down to nealy empty
2017-3-5
Use props
fans1268f5f4
New

Australia

Having same "Connecting" problem with remote.  Anyone know, how long long it will take to receive a replacement remote for Australia?
2017-3-6
Use props
DaveHarpe
lvl.1
United States

Hi everyone,
Mavic Pro, brand new out of the box and the same problem described here: Stuck at 39%, no movement for 30 minutes or so. My fix was similar to others but here are my steps:
- Power the controller off (tap once, then tap and hold)
- Pull the battery on the Mavic
- Launch DJI Assistant 2 on my PC
- Reinstall battery in Mavic, hook Mavic up to PC via USB, Power up
- Do the update through DJI Assistant (took about 10 minutes with lots of burping from the Mavic)
- Shut down Mavic, disconnect cord
- Remove phone from controller, disconnect jumper cord, DO NOT HOOK TO PC YET
- Power up Mavic, Power up controller, THEN connect to PC
- DJI assistant sees controller, do firmware update

Hope this helps someone! Nasty bugs...

Dave
2017-3-8
Use props
WillieVS
New
South Africa

Hi Dave
Received my drone on Tuesday after ordering on 2 Jan 2017. Followed all the prompts and also got stuck. Spent the whole day trying to update and get my control to work.  Logged a ticket with DroneWorld.co.za early afternoon. At 4:30 PM I called them and they helped my update the drone and told me I have to sync and update the control after drone update. No surprise, could not get it to update. Called back the next morning and was told they will have to send me a new one but they do not have stock and that the new stock will only be arriving in a week.

I tried your process step by step but to no avail. DJI Assistant does NOT see my controller. I suppose you are one of the lucky ones

Willie

2017-3-9
Use props
Edward717
New

United States

THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME IS THERE ANY SOLUTION???? .... I KNEW IT HAS TO BE A CLASS C OF F PRODUCT IF MADE IN FREAKING CHINA. I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO CONTACT DJI AND MAYBE ABLE TO FLY IN A FEW MONTH WHEN THEY RETURN MY REMOTE
2017-3-9
Use props
alexr
New

United States

EJP Posted at 2017-3-5 06:44
I couldn't even shut down the controller but eventually it did shut down.  I wasnt able to connect my RC to anything either until I pulled out the phone connection cord from the side of the unit.  I then connected the unit via the full sized USB port to my iPad, launched the DJI Go 4 app and then the FW update went smoothly.  I then reconnected the phone cord and plugged the phone in and everything connected and I just flew my first full battery charge down to nealy empty

EJP - this sounds promising, been struggling to find a fix for a while now. when you say you connected the controller to your ipad via the full sized USB port to your iPad was that using a standard iPhone type cable? and did you have the controller then also connected to the aircraft as same time? i would love to try what you did if you could provide a little more detail i'd appreciate it.
2017-3-11
Use props
Derek Z
New

United States

I also have the same issue.  Drone has been in my possession four days.  

Initial flights were fine.  It was upgrading and then will not connect.  Tried everything mentioned in these forums.  I sent an email to DJI, waiting on their response.  This is ridiculous for the amount of $ for this drone.
2017-3-12
Use props
LGangway
lvl.1
United States

NOW... after speaking to DJI Support, I've sent back my controller for DJI to replace because they had no recommendations other than what I tried.  This was 2/21.  Their return label took a week to get my controller to DJI (understandable for ground shipping), however I still do not have a replacement controller.  In fact, I just got off the phone with DJI yet again and they haven't even sent me a new controller.  They don't even have a ship date, they are just telling me they hope to have me one sent by the end of the month.  I asked if they would at least overnight me the controller when they got it in, that request is being escalated...

NEEDLESS TO SAY.... I'm not very happy with the whole situation and the handling of it by DJI.  I wish I would have just returned to to B&H photo and purchased a new one.  I didn't because I thought that would take longer than the 2 weeks DJI promised.
2017-3-15
Use props
mfangler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7359 ft
United Kingdom

Only had mine a week and it sounds as if my issues were identical to yours. I know you may not want to hear this but I sent the RC back. They sent a new replacement one this week and already I have had 3 flights. The new RC connected to the mobile and MAVIC (had to press the link) immediately. I had spent hours frustratedly trying everything. If you have tried everything, consider sending a report to DJI and get it sent back. I ordered mine December and only received it just over 2 weeks ago. I have a feeling that as demand was so high for the MAVIC, there may have been some QC issues as the MAVIC and RC should be paired. Don't wait if you have tried everything. P.S. My flights this week have been brilliant. What a great bird!  
2017-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules