Please Help!!! Controller not connecting to Mavic Pro.
103847 186 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Guzza8
New
Flight distance : 99239 ft
United Kingdom

Had to reply to your post as I cannot post for some reason. Please feel free to share this as I am having the same Issue.... No connection between RC and App, prevents download, prevents recording video or stills, actually useless.
Opened numerous support requests over a three week span, going on a Big Trip in Two weeks and after reading some of this thread regret buying the Drone. What a farce. DJI should be held responsible and refund and compensate their customers for the hours I have spent trying to get an expensive bit of kit to work! Its an absolute Joke.

Has anyone tried pulling the usb gently towards yourself when holding the remote, I use my left index finger and it made connection as long as pressure was applied, as soon as I let go it would fall out. I sent a video to DJI and since had two requests answered contradicting themselves. One stating it was hardware and one stating it was software! I think I'm awaiting a new part, but then again I've heard nothing apart from More requests being created after replying to their emails! Going round in circles, going to phone them tomorrow and hope they have answers. In case you are wondering why I haven't called yet, I literally just found the number whilst reading this trail.

Any positive feedback would be greatly appreciated and I will do the same.
2017-6-19
Use props
apgarmd
New
  • >>>
United States

tldr; Same issue here, in a long line of issues with DJI for many years.   What I write below is long and probably doesn't provide much value to any of you with their broken product in hand, but so begins my modest attempt to forewarn others who can hardly afford to throw their good money after my bad.

Same issue here, and let me just say this is hardly the first nightmare I have been through with DJI.  I have tried very hard to be patient wanting to believe that DJI was merely a company growing quickly and suffering from growing pains typical for any start-up even for several years --but at some point, those companies, —any company, gets some things figured out.  

Not DJI.  After five years of grinding it out I just can't do it anymore. I have sent at least half-a-dozen quads back to be "fixed" and have several here that I just couldn't see bothering with because of the nature of the failure and inherent likelihood it would repeat. I will be the first to admit that I am a fool:  Only now after buying nearly one and sometimes multiple units of their evolving product line =I am done=.

Yes, I am fortunate to have enough discretionary cash to throw it at DJI every six months, (The last thing this is is a 'poor me'; closer would be 'poor DJI').  I've done that in part because I have long been an early adopter across much of tech, and further only because I thought they had all of the necessary ingredients to ultimately pull through. (Apparently a board of directors there is not however?.  

As an aside:  I can only ask you to understand and appreciate that I know my way around technical troubleshooting.  I have done my part as a customer and then some... and then more.

I can't imagine even remotely a legitimate reason they have been unable to do so by now, and their degree of failure continues to astonish in both degree and breadth.

They either do that or they don't make it.  The obvious exception to the rule here is only able to persist for two principle reasons:  1)  They make the best hardware in the space and have demonstrated leadership and innovation in that sense; 2) For whatever reason, no serious competitor has come along to really challenge their market space.   

Meanwhile, DJI does two things not merely "poorly" —nothing less than abominable:   1) Software =worse than providing none at all=; Seriously, I wish they would just open source the hardware platform and get out of the way so a competent effort could get underway. They don't even appear to be getting started on a fix here... 2) Service.  Exacerbated of course by their pathetic software and all the problems it causes, but nevertheless, their approach in terms of both philosophy and execution when it comes to service is way below standards and I mean down there with the likes of Comcast and the rest.

2017-6-20
Use props
fansd5fcd929
New
United States

apgarmd Posted at 2017-6-20 18:13
tldr; Same issue here, in a long line of issues with DJI for many years.   What I write below is long and probably doesn't provide much value to any of you with their broken product in hand, but so begins my modest attempt to forewarn others who can hardly afford to throw their good money after my bad.

Same issue here, and let me just say this is hardly the first nightmare I have been through with DJI.  I have tried very hard to be patient wanting to believe that DJI was merely a company growing quickly and suffering from growing pains typical for any start-up even for several years --but at some point, those companies, —any company, gets some things figured out.  

I was having the exact same issue as folks here. RC would connect and app would not or vice versa. I was using my android phone. Tried reinstalling the app. Finally decided to try my iPad by connected bottom RC USB port to iPad and started everything up and it requested a firmware update. It updated, then tried to update the no-fly zone data and failed. Tried again then it was successful.

So then I try to connect back to my phone and it shows up as Phantom NOT Mavic with no option to change to Mavic but allows me to connect and shows "aircraft disconnected. What can I do here to resolve? iPad seemed to work ok.
2017-7-4
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fansd5fcd929 Posted at 2017-7-4 08:12
I was having the exact same issue as folks here. RC would connect and app would not or vice versa. I was using my android phone. Tried reinstalling the app. Finally decided to try my iPad by connected bottom RC USB port to iPad and started everything up and it requested a firmware update. It updated, then tried to update the no-fly zone data and failed. Tried again then it was successful.

So then I try to connect back to my phone and it shows up as Phantom NOT Mavic with no option to change to Mavic but allows me to connect and shows "aircraft disconnected. What can I do here to resolve? iPad seemed to work ok.

Specifically what model of mobile phone are you using and what version of Android? From what I've read, Nougat, for example, is known to be unreliable. You might also try flying with the phone set to airplane mode, as that has seemed to help some people who had disconnection problems. And lastly, you might try the Android device again with a different USB cable, especially since you said the remote appeared to connect to the aircraft but the phone appeared not to connect to the remote.
2017-7-4
Use props
Willmisto
New
United States

try binding it by entering c1+c2+rec once you hear the 3 beeps press the photo button al at the same time to bind
2017-7-6
Use props
davewhite
New
United Kingdom

hey all

sorry to say i'm in the same boat, tried absolutely everything including all the helpful tips here. sadly nothing works.

I only received it yesterday and literally had 2 flights before the firmware nightmare. My little tip for future reference is purchase from Amazon, they have a great service that basically sends you out a replacement immediately and you have a month to send it  back free of charge ( if you dont you will be charged for a new one) . If my replacement does the same thing i'll be going for a refund. Real shame as its a great drone but these problems shouldnt occur.
2017-7-15
Use props
BluesDragon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634291 ft
United States

Had this happen to me this morning. First time I've ever had an issue with my machine. Hadn't put 'er up in the air for about a week, so I fired 'er up inside to check for updates before heading out. Would not connect with Go 4 app.! So I deleted the app... then reinstalled, and still no connection. Started getting very angry and stressed out. I've never had an issue before this. Then I looked down, kicked myself in the arse, and plugged my cable into the iPad. All was good again...
2017-7-15
Use props
Greenkaktus
New
Russia

Hi, guys!
I'm just buying my new Mavic and have the same issue with RC. I'm using Mac OS Sierra. And the issue for the RC is the same – not available RC in Assistant 2 application.
After that, I'm trying next steps:

1. Startup application
2. Power on RC. ATTENTION: Without connection USB cable to Mac!
3. RC powered on successfully, and status is connecting... (AC is power off)
4. Next, plug USB cord to Mac.
5. After that – application now success recognize RC and update to latest firmware.

I hope that helps anybody.
2017-7-18
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25371 ft
United Kingdom

You can try to fix this yourself in the process you will probably think you have fixed it, take it out and it will either fly away or crash. Once it fly's away or crashes DJI will not be helpful at all. Get the drone sent back for repair, return or replace. If they would give me my money back I would buy a competitor product who will take care and value their customers.
2017-7-18
Use props
fonsuslee
New
Flight distance : 1368 ft
Singapore

Hi DJI,

I've managed to upgrade my firmware on my Mavic Pro 0900 as well as on my RC. After that the RC won't connect to the AC, no matter whether I try to bind in the DJI GO 4 app or manually using the C1 + C2 + Camera + Shutter methods.

When I was on the 0400 firmware, the AC and RC would pair automatically, not even needing to do the binding process.

Can you advise?

p.s. I notice that the light at the bottom of the pairing button of the Mavic is yellow/green in color when I push the pairing button, unlike the instruction videos where the light is red in color.
2017-7-26
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338 ft

United States

I've been trying to work through a similar issue for months. It’s very discouraging to read this 5 month old thread with no known solution. After reading DJI’s and other message boards I have no expectations of DJI resolving the issue.

I only hope that world markets fill the void in recreational drones before next year’s summer vacation. Without great improvements I’m not giving DJI any more of my money.
2017-7-26
Use props
AKloo
New
Flight distance : 93235 ft
United States

Hey Guys,

There is a little black link button above where the SD card fits into the drone that you need to press with a paper clip and hold for 5 seconds. Then go into remote settings in the app by clicking on the three dots on the upper right when in the device. Then click on the little remote and scroll down to the bottom and link the remote.  It will take a couple of seconds but then should connect the RC to the AC.  Hope this helps!
2017-8-2
Use props
djiuser_Xup8F7g
New

Hungary

Hi,
Any solution? Is it a RC issue? Because I thinking about to buy a Mavic with this issue. Maybe If I buy a new RC it will work?
2017-8-10
Use props
Bmanpoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1434 ft
United States

I have the same problem. This is the worst $1000 investment I ever made. Do NOT buy this thing.
I have already sent the aircraft and RC back for service 2 times. So this is my third unit. They never tell you what the problem was. They just send you another refurbished unit.
I know the aircraft have all been different. No idea if I'm getting the same RC back or a different one.
Still cannot connect. Sometimes it will connect initially, then just cycles between Not Connected, Aircraft not connected, Ready to Fly, Disconnected....etc.
It will often say I need to upgrade the firmware, yet when I connect with Assistant, it shows it has the latest version, but I will faithfully refresh it anyway.
I have also re linked the RC to the aircraft many times. Nothing works.
It is so frustrating. I see all these youtube videos of awesome flights and it apparently works for some, but not me.
I guess I'll just keep sending it in and hope for the best. I'm about to just chuck it in the trash and call it lesson learned.
2017-8-21
Use props
fans9f156608
New

United States

I was having this same problem. Updated firmware and afterwards it would not connect. A bit disparaging reading through the comments. Found my fix. I had somehow switched from RC to WiFi where the XD port is. I switched back to RC,powered on,pushed the C1 + C2 + record. It went Beep...Beepbeep. I hit the shutter button. The remote started beeping abound every 2 seconds and said binding. On the quad I hit the little button by the RC switch and the light went from green to red then back to green. Remote came up ready to go.
Hopefully that helps someone. It's very frustrating having a thousand dollar paperweight.
2017-9-3
Use props
TechProd
New
Flight distance : 14183 ft

Iraq

Similar  but different problem of Mavic not connecting to Controller:
Controller is not connecting to particular Mavic. Have connected it ok to another Mavic and connects fine - therefore problem lies with aircraft.
Have tried to refresh firmware (v01.03.1000) using Assistant 2 but not downloading correctly. Assistant 2 giving 'Update Failed. Upload Error Log' at 15%.
Error 'undefined 0x032800'.
Aircraft and controller updated with firmware 4 days ago and all connected and tested ok. Switched on required NFZ unlock licence (drone and controller/iPad connected to internet) - following day on further testing Mavic no longer connecting to controller. Am not yet in NFZ unlock region.
Thoughts please?
2017-9-11
Use props
Merlin Flyer
lvl.1
United States

Same issue. RC won't connect to drone. Flew it a few times when it will connect and then loses connection during flight. Thank God it returned to home when I lost connection the last time. Almost had a heart attack. Flew a few hundred feet straight up then did land on it's own. Just got it last week and thankfully I have a 30 day return policy on it. If I can't figure it out very soon, back to the store it's going and I'll buy something else. All updates done and tried everything I could find up to now on forums, still an issue. So disappointed.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

If you complete the firmware process for the aircraft, you have to do the same for the remote. Always make sure that the aircraft is on a flat surface and that the mobile device you are using is linked to a Wi Fi network.
2017-9-12
Use props
Merlin Flyer
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-12 12:29
If you complete the firmware process for the aircraft, you have to do the same for the remote. Always make sure that the aircraft is on a flat surface and that the mobile device you are using is linked to a Wi Fi network.

I made sure that I updated the aircraft and the rc. They are both current. I tried flying outside of my house and had a "strong" wifi signal but I still get "disconnected". I don't claim to be an expert, but what do you do when there's no wifi available? I live in the desert and bought this to go on camping trips with in the middle of nowhere where there is for sure no wifi.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Merlin Flyer Posted at 2017-9-12 13:50
I made sure that I updated the aircraft and the rc. They are both current. I tried flying outside of my house and had a "strong" wifi signal but I still get "disconnected". I don't claim to be an expert, but what do you do when there's no wifi available? I live in the desert and bought this to go on camping trips with in the middle of nowhere where there is for sure no wifi.

If you are referring to Wi Fi as in a house modem, that should not matter. Is the remote linked to the aircraft and then becomes disconnected or is it a visual where you are getting disconnected to the camera? Can you send me a person message?
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Merlin Flyer Posted at 2017-9-12 13:50

If you are referring to Wi Fi as in a house modem, that should not matter. Is the remote linked to the aircraft and then becomes disconnected or is it a visual where you are getting disconnected to the camera? Can you send me a person message?
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

BluesDragon Posted at 2017-7-15 12:35
Had this happen to me this morning. First time I've ever had an issue with my machine. Hadn't put 'er up in the air for about a week, so I fired 'er up inside to check for updates before heading out. Would not connect with Go 4 app.! So I deleted the app... then reinstalled, and still no connection. Started getting very angry and stressed out. I've never had an issue before this. Then I looked down, kicked myself in the arse, and plugged my cable into the iPad. All was good again...

What should be obvious is not always the case. Sometimes we over look such things and think major. That is why simple is never such. Glad you realized this point.
2017-9-12
Use props
Merlin Flyer
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-12 14:08

I tried to PM you but it doesn't seem to work on my end. PM box won't allow me to type in it.

Anyway, the remote does link to the aircraft and then disconnects. It may stay linked for a minute then disconnects and will not reconnect.
2017-9-12
Use props
Merlin Flyer
lvl.1
United States

I totally forgot to mention, I constantly get a message "sys warning, check app". I reinstalled the app like 3 times and still get this warning.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Merlin Flyer Posted at 2017-9-12 14:44
I tried to PM you but it doesn't seem to work on my end. PM box won't allow me to type in it.

Anyway, the remote does link to the aircraft and then disconnects. It may stay linked for a minute then disconnects and will not reconnect.

If you are having an issue with the Mavic pro connecting to the aircraft, always make sure that the firmware and aircraft are on the same firmware. If you are unsure, you can post a screen shot of what you are seeing with the app. Please review this video as well to make sure that you are following proper procedure on linking the remote. You can follow along

2017-9-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Greenkaktus Posted at 2017-7-18 07:54
Hi, guys!
I'm just buying my new Mavic and have the same issue with RC. I'm using Mac OS Sierra. And the issue for the RC is the same – not available RC in Assistant 2 application.
After that, I'm trying next steps:

Good suggestion. These steps make sense.
2017-9-13
Use props
Merlin Flyer
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the advice. I work 12 hr days and won't have time to get back to this for a few days when I'm off again. I'll post when I can. Thanks
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Merlin Flyer Posted at 2017-9-14 19:19
Thanks for the advice. I work 12 hr days and won't have time to get back to this for a few days when I'm off again. I'll post when I can. Thanks

Looking forward to your feedback. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
2017-9-14
Use props
Bmanpoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1434 ft
United States

Merlin Flyer Posted at 2017-9-12 10:27
Same issue. RC won't connect to drone. Flew it a few times when it will connect and then loses connection during flight. Thank God it returned to home when I lost connection the last time. Almost had a heart attack. Flew a few hundred feet straight up then did land on it's own. Just got it last week and thankfully I have a 30 day return policy on it. If I can't figure it out very soon, back to the store it's going and I'll buy something else. All updates done and tried everything I could find up to now on forums, still an issue. So disappointed.

From my experience, I would definitely return it while you can.
2017-9-19
Use props
Merlin Flyer
lvl.1
United States

Ya, this is supposed to be fun, far from it. Errors trying to update, "system warning check app" non-stop right out of the box, after the one successful update and still the error flashes constantly, and the list goes on. Guess this is going back this weekend and I'll see what else I can buy for a grand that I can actually fly instead of screwing around with this nightmare.

2017-9-20
Use props
fans48c6e971
New
Flight distance : 2005 ft
United States

This video helped me.

2017-9-24
Use props
Kirbster269
New
United States

I know this isn't a solution, but when using DJI ASSIST, You have to be on main page for the controller. Took me a minute to figure this out, After I did the update on the Drone, I unplugged it. Plugged up the controller and computer made a noise, then 8 seconds later another noise (connecting) but it wasn't showing anything on the screen. Then at the top left there is this  "< DJI" so I clicked on it, it took me to the main page and says RC for MAVIC Pro. Then I clicked on that and it took me to firmware update. Gives me 3 options firmware 1.4.000 or 1.3.000 or Factory Reset. Problem I'm having any of these 3 options it downloads 100% but then says FAILED UPDATE. Now I admit I crashed my original Drone and just got my replacement 2 days ago. So my Controller goes bad just sitting? I will 2 more things when I get home. I will connect my RC to AC and see if anything happens or I'll plug my phone to controller and PC and try to update again, and see if it needs the phone while updating.
2017-9-26
Use props
Merlin Flyer
lvl.1
United States

I think I finally have it all worked out. Was not a happy camper for some time but some research and trial and error and now I have about 4 flights on my Mavic and have had no problems. Now I just need to muster the guts to fly it out of visual range!

Here's a link to a video I made showing what I did to solve my issues. (the props were not an issue, just thought I'd mention in the vid that they need to go on the correct motor as I read some posts about people saying they couldn't get their props on)

2017-10-10
Use props
Maui Aerial Ima
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2671102 ft
United States

I know you guys have said you have tried everything and that nothing will work. a friend had the same problem for 3 days, I found his problem in 10 seconds. His controller screen kept saying "Connecting", I found his problem to be THE WI-Fi & RC SWITCH next to the micro sd card slot was on WI-FI. He said he had checked it 2 times,  once put on RC the Controller Connected.....  
2017-10-11
Use props
UAVcoyote
New
Flight distance : 7552 ft
United States

Wow, I wish I had read this thread before buying the Mavic Pro. My problems with this unit lies within the remote also but involves the charging circuit.

After 1-hours use the remote displayed a rapid battery power drain then would not take a charge. I called support, and with some effort, I received a case number was sent an RMA the following day that was 2-weeks (12-working days) ago. The replacement status has been stuck on Verified for the past 7-days.

Evidently there are still issues with the Mavic remote that are yet to be resolved. Evidently my only recource is to return the entire setup to the retailer.
2017-10-11
Use props
djiuser_QorLdgL
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hey,

I updated the firmware of the AC and my goggles to the latest V01.04.0000 version through the my Mac using the DJI assistant app. Everything went well, however the Head tracking gimbal mode still not working. I also tried to update my RC, but it keeps saying I have the V00.00.0000 current version running on my RC which is very odd. Here is a pic:

I tried to update to the latest version, but after 100% downloaded I received this message:

Now I can't connect my RC with the AC. I tried to link it like the DJI video shows it, however didn't work. Please let me know what to do know because I kinda stuck here.  I also tried the C1+C2+REC combo, but nothing happened at all. No beeps...

Please somebody help me, because this is very annoying. Thanks in advance!
2017-11-14
Use props
Turul
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello?!?! Anybody?
2017-11-20
Use props
fans95c1f724
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154941 ft
Colombia

Sadly to say I'm on the same boat as so many before... I am a user of Mavic Pro and have several successful flights before today. Recently I wanted to use my Mavic again with a newly update iPhone 6 phone, so I turned on both the controller and aircraft and when I opened the DJI GO app, it notified that I needed to update the firmware and I began doing so.  

The firwmare update process made it until about halfway and then stalled and did not complete, even after more than two hours of waiting, it was stuck in the same point.

I restarted everything to try again. However, I have not been able to connect the controller to the Mavic ever since.  The mavic is now quick flashing the yellow light.  

I tried to do the firmware upgrade on the Mavic using the Assistant on my Mac, and it appeared to do so successfuly. However, it was still not connecting via the RC controler.

I tried to connect to the Mavic using WiFi and the app, and it appears to be working OK, so the Mavic aparently upgraded the firmware successfuly.

I then also tried to update my RC via the Assistant Mac and PC applications, but it keeps saying I have the V00.00.0000 current version running on my RC as previous commenters on this forum. When I try to upgrade or restore to factory settings, I keep getting an error, which leads me to believe the issue is related to the RC controller, since the aircraft is working when connecting to my phone via WiFi mode. the The C1+C2+REC bind combo is also not working.

If I can't access the RC to either upgrade or factory reset, I fear that it may have bricked after a faulty upgrade process... Has anybody received official information or solutions on what to do? From the 5+ months history on this thread it appears that the only way to fix this is to return the RC back to them, which is far from ideal

DJI please fix this!!! It is unbelievable that a $1300+ device goes bad from bad firmware update quality control ... Now I'm really scared on upgrading anything from DJI.....

2017-11-25
Use props
Freefly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23317 ft

Germany

iam in the same boat. RC is bricked after failed firmware update via dji go app . AC is on the newest firmware now and works great in wifi mode. but RC wont connect   cant bind it..nothing..
flash firmware with flashtool from github gives me the message "cant reach FTP" or somethign like that. DJI Assistent stucks after downloading firmware at 100% and
never beginn to transmit the firmware to RC. please DJI...  why not just put a reset switch on your toys or a recovery mode.  maybe i should get a used remote on bay but iam not 100% sure that the error its really a faulty remote  
2017-11-26
Use props
Turul
lvl.1
Germany

I took back my whole set (googles and mavic pro fly more) to the retailer as I tried everything and the remote still wasn't working. They gave back my money. Now I would like to order a new one, but more than likely this issue will happen again. I am contacted DJI on several forums, but didn't receive a single answer...
2017-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules