Please Help!!! Controller not connecting to Mavic Pro.
103845 186 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans95c1f724 Posted at 2017-11-25 22:11
Sadly to say I'm on the same boat as so many before... I am a user of Mavic Pro and have several successful flights before today. Recently I wanted to use my Mavic again with a newly update iPhone 6 phone, so I turned on both the controller and aircraft and when I opened the DJI GO app, it notified that I needed to update the firmware and I began doing so.  

The firwmare update process made it until about halfway and then stalled and did not complete, even after more than two hours of waiting, it was stuck in the same point.

Sorry for this, could you please export the upgrade log, then upload it to the Dropbox or Google Drive? I'll download it for an analysis. For the Mac, you can refer to this route find the upgrade log ,  Assisstant 2(MAC):~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log .
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Freefly Posted at 2017-11-26 12:39
iam in the same boat. RC is bricked after failed firmware update via dji go app . AC is on the newest firmware now and works great in wifi mode. but RC wont connect   cant bind it..nothing..
flash firmware with flashtool from github gives me the message "cant reach FTP" or somethign like that. DJI Assistent stucks after downloading firmware at 100% and
never beginn to transmit the firmware to RC. please DJI...  why not just put a reset switch on your toys or a recovery mode.  maybe i should get a used remote on bay but iam not 100% sure that the error its really a faulty remote

Sorry to hear this, could you please provide me with more details I'll forward it to the engineers for analysis?  What APP did you use to upgrade the firmware, iOS APP or Android APP?  Could you please also provide me with the upgrade log? Thank you in advance.
You can refer to the routes below to find out the upgrade log.
Assistant 2(Windows): C:/Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
Assistant 2(MAC):~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Turul Posted at 2017-11-27 02:34
I took back my whole set (googles and mavic pro fly more) to the retailer as I tried everything and the remote still wasn't working. They gave back my money. Now I would like to order a new one, but more than likely this issue will happen again. I am contacted DJI on several forums, but didn't receive a single answer...

Sincerely sorry for the late reply and the trouble you have been caused, we hope you can get the new one soon, and enjoy it. Should you have any further question, please start a new thread, or reply one of the Admins' posts, then we'll be able to reply you in time.
2017-11-27
Use props
djiuser_fMtmUbX
New
Flight distance : 48451 ft
United States

I had the same problems after the repairs and after trying everything that was mention in the prior comments I realized that the rc/wf switch was in the wf position,  all I did was to move it to the rc position and was back to normal.
2017-12-3
Use props
LGangway
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_fMtmUbX Posted at 2017-12-3 13:01
I had the same problems after the repairs and after trying everything that was mention in the prior comments I realized that the rc/wf switch was in the wf position,  all I did was to move it to the rc position and was back to normal.

Lucky you, when my controller wouldn't connect I was stuck sending it in for a swap.  Took another month before I had a working flying drone.

LGangway
2017-12-10
Use props
Drab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46946 ft
Russia

Hi!
I have the same problem - AC not connect with Mac Assistant 2, Phone/tablet via Wi-fi, with RC.
status is "Aircraft disconnected"
Yellow led flash fast, red led flash near SD card, AC switcher in RC mode (When try connect to RC)
RC ONLY connect with phone/tablet properly via USB cable.

my last flight
http://app.airdata.com/main?share=dwiWbZ
2017-12-18
Use props
Icarus77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66043 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
I have just received a new Mavic Pro and immediately needed to read this read because... well I have similar issues with RC connectivity!
In my case I didn't have any issues with upgrading to latest FM (on 19/Dec/2017). However I believe in my case it's even worse

I was able to connect fine with my AC a few times but experienced a few disconnects. At first I thought it was just too much interference...
Today I took it on a field and lost the RC connectivity during the flight!  (I took out the phone completely).
The outcome was that AC returned home... almost! It was hovering 2.5 meters above, out of reach. So, I stood there restarting the RC several times without luck. I stood there watching my new Mavic hovering above my head for almost 20mins and couldn't do anything!!! I was afraid that when the battery got drained it will simply fall down so I managed to somehow pull it down (it was pushing quite hard to stay up) and while the props where still turning I tried to switch off the batteries... again no luck.
Finally, holding the AC in one hand I took the battery out of the AC and this was the only way to stop the damn thing!
Returning home I felt really worried so I tried it again with a different battery... and once this was connected - I was flying around just fine on 2 full charges (40mins).

So, my VERY BIG concern is STABILITY! If the AC was over water or on top of a cliff - I would have simply lost the device!!!

How can I trust this?
Any way to verify if I have a faulty RC/AC? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - is that common?
2017-12-20
Use props
okiedokie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 539012 ft
United States

I received my drone, dji platinum, on the 9th of Dec. I set it up, and calibrated the RC. I did not fly it. The next day I started a new business. Yesterday I had time to breath, and tried to see if I could fly it. The RC will not connect. I hooked it up to the DJI assistant 2, and updated both the drone and RC. It still does not connect. I'm really disappointed. I contacted a facebook DJI page, and the first response from this guy was "Was there a crash or hard landing with the aircraft?" I was talking about the RC, and the drone has never turned the blades on yet. I'm at a stand still. What next?
2017-12-27
Use props
Marbli
New
Germany

Hi,

today I got my brand new Mavic Pro Fly More Combo. As I experienced issues when trying to connect the copter and the Controller for the fist time, I updated both the copter's  and the controller's firmware via USB connection and DJI Assistant 2 to the latest version. This went trough without any issues. I tried to establish a connection afterwards again, but unfortunately I got the same result - which is, that the Controller repeats saying "Connecting..." while nothing is happening..

I then tried to link the copter and the controller via both ways ("Remote Controller Linking" via the app as well as the C1 + C2 + Camera + Shutter method, as described in this video: ), but when doing this in the app, the process just times out...

I didn't to any flight so far with my mavic, it is brand new, it has the latest firmware and no update was interrupted at all. My setting at the copter is of course "RC" and not "WIFI" (I checked this 10 times now...)...I'm really out of ideas how to solve the issue...any further input, that I could try?

Additional info:
- mobil phone used: Google Pixel with Android 8.1.
- DJI Go App version: v4.1.22 (just downloaded from Google appstore today)
- Firmware Version Copter: V01.04.0100
- Firmware Version Controller: V01.04.0100
- DJO Go App says "RC connected", but "aircraft disconnected"

2018-1-5
Use props
benjaminself
lvl.1
United States

I have been having the same problem sometimes when I am trying to connect
2018-1-5
Use props
G. Reed
lvl.1
United States

I have this same issue, but the opposite is happening DJI assistant recognizes my controller, but will not recognize the aircraft. Also when the DJI assistant opens it's asking me to sign in, which I was already signed in, and it wants me to put in a verification code, I don't have a verification code, so I can't get in, and I don't have a clue where to get one. What do I do?

Anyway now that I think about it, my problem might be a little deferent, because when I boot up my controller, and drone the controller is showing connected, and says ready to go, also the drones lights are blinking green just like everything is normal, but when I push the throttle, there's nothing (the propellers do not spin.
2018-1-5
Use props
LSK41
lvl.1
Flight distance : 311230 ft
Turkey

mppro Posted at 2017-2-19 00:36
I'm having the exact same issue.  DJI you know this is an issue.  You need to either fix this or Overnight us new remotes.

DJI this is unacceptable.  Do the right thing and take care of your customers.  Find a solution or Overnight us new remote controls.  

exactly, we have been spending time on this annoying issue.
2018-3-11
Use props
fanscbd17c4e
New
Australia

I was having the same problem and resolved it by following this video to re-pair the RC and the AC...   When you get the tones from the C1 and C2 plus Record button press then press the Shutter release and it shouold enter binding mode. Hit the pair button next to the SD slot on the Ac and see it that doesn't fix this issue... Good luck, Dave (Australia)
2018-4-6
Use props
fanscbd17c4e
New
Australia

I was having the same problem and resolved it by following this video to rep-pair the RC and the AC...   When you get the tones from the C1 and C2 plus Record button press then press the shutter release and it shouold enter binding mode. Hit the pair button next to the SD slot on the Ac and see it that doesn't fix this issue... Good luck, Dave (Australia)
2018-4-6
Use props
fans3506478c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1663599 ft
Argentina

My controller loads normally but when I want to turn it on it makes the pip noise but it immediately turns off. Can I perform the same reset procedure ?? Mavic pro Platinum 8 days of use
2018-8-7
Use props
fansa7c5ba17
New

United States

Hi everyone,

I got a Mavic Pro two days ago and have had the same problems as discussed above and on the previous pages.
I tried all methods described in this post but to no avail until I downgraded the software to the original version with DJi GO4 - then restarted the controller with phone attached, then restarted the AC, found the binding menu and selected binding to Primary RC and it finally started the binding process (the RC Connection indicator LED on the AC was green already but I pushed the link button as requested by the software and voila the RC finally connected to the AC - I was put it on its maiden flight 2 minutes later and everything worked great - now i'm waiting for the extra batteries to show up lol...

I hope this helps someone in the future...  Personally I think that the software interface needs to be changed somewhat to make it easier to get to the link menu as was messing with the software for a long time to get everything rolling - the user interface should definitely be refined - just my two cents...

R.
2018-9-23
Use props
fans7c71460a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105755 ft

I just did everything suggested in this thread including rolling back firmware and re-linking the RC and AC and yet my controller just sits on my desk, with a blank LED screen indicating it's trying to connect to the drone but the video feed showing up in my app.

This is ridiculous.  My drone has gone from fully functional to a paperweight within 6 months despite having 0 crashes or hard landings and paying for 2 years of damage coverage.
2018-10-15
Use props
fans7c71460a
lvl.1

Ridiculous.
2018-10-15
Use props
fans7c71460a
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-27 20:32
Sincerely sorry for the late reply and the trouble you have been caused, we hope you can get the new one soon, and enjoy it. Should you have any further question, please start a new thread, or reply one of the Admins' posts, then we'll be able to reply you in time.

DJI Diana, please see my above posts if possible.  I have already created a repair ticket and now I have to send my drone and controller in and wait, but the fact that multiple users are experiencing the same issue should be a big red flag for DJI.  Myself and other drone operators have missed countless shooting opportunities due to faulty software/firmware.
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans7c71460a Posted at 2018-10-15 15:20
DJI Diana, please see my above posts if possible.  I have already created a repair ticket and now I have to send my drone and controller in and wait, but the fact that multiple users are experiencing the same issue should be a big red flag for DJI.  Myself and other drone operators have missed countless shooting opportunities due to faulty software/firmware.

You have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience. Our repair team will evaluate the drone to check if warranty repair can be applied on this. If the result shows that this is a product malfunction and if it's under warranty period, we will process a warranty repair for your drone. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-10-15
Use props
fans7c71460a
lvl.1

youtube.com/watch?=uo9WCrgGrQw

This is from my last (attempted) flight.  After a long period of the controller not connecting, it finally did, so I figured I would just go up in the sky a few hundred feet to get these awesome clouds.

70 feet in the air, at 17 seconds you can see the disconnection because the gimbal jumps out of whack.  At 35 seconds it starts descending due to no controller, and at 50 seconds it comes to a rest a few feet above the ground.  After almost 3 minutes of turning my controller on and off again to no avail, I grab the drone at 3:33 and put it on the ground at 3:55
2018-10-15
Use props
fans7c71460a
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-15 16:27
You have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience. Our repair team will evaluate the drone to check if warranty repair can be applied on this. If the result shows that this is a product malfunction and if it's under warranty period, we will process a warranty repair for your drone. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

Just posted a video.  I will be sending the drone and controller out tomorrow.  Considering I bought it in January and have not crashed it once, this should absolutely be under warranty.  Thank you.
2018-10-15
Use props
fans7c71460a
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-15 16:27
You have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience. Our repair team will evaluate the drone to check if warranty repair can be applied on this. If the result shows that this is a product malfunction and if it's under warranty period, we will process a warranty repair for your drone. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

Sorry, link was messed up.

2018-10-15
Use props
arpanayotov
New

Bulgaria

Hi everyone,
after a crash, I've changed the damaged parts, but when assembled everything and tested if it works, I couldn't connect to the drone. The RC connects, but doesn't show anything on the screen, just the battery and the signal. When run dji 4 app, it connects with the RC, but "aircraft disconnected" is shown on the left corner. Tried to connect the drone to the computer via dji assitant 2, but it is not discoverable. Tried to connect the RC and it is working fine. Tried to connect the drone with the wifi, but it is not discoverable.Tried to link the RC with the drone and it shows that they are linked. After the crash I've tried to connect to it and was everything fine, but without image, because the camera was not attached . Any ideas? Thanks in advance.J
2019-2-28
Use props
djiuser_1KfeQxryymqI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24911 ft
United States

Its now Aug 2019 and I tried to fly my drone for the first time since last year and before I could fly I had to update the firmware BIG MISTAKE!!. I now have the dreaded bricked RC stuck on CONNECTING. I tried everything in this thread, once its bricked your F#@$%D. This is  a issue caused by DJI and is no fault of the user. I am looking to start a class action suit against DJI as this a condition that they are unwilling to fix even after 184 posts on this threaded and countless other threads. DJI caused this issue and wants the consumer to pay. I will be posting a youtube video and talking to lawyers to get this issue taken care of. DJI should be forced to pay for their actions not the innocent consumer. I will do my best to make sure they dont get away with this!!!!
2019-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_1KfeQxryymqI Posted at 8-3 09:52
Its now Aug 2019 and I tried to fly my drone for the first time since last year and before I could fly I had to update the firmware BIG MISTAKE!!. I now have the dreaded bricked RC stuck on CONNECTING. I tried everything in this thread, once its bricked your F#@$%D. This is  a issue caused by DJI and is no fault of the user. I am looking to start a class action suit against DJI as this a condition that they are unwilling to fix even after 184 posts on this threaded and countless other threads. DJI caused this issue and wants the consumer to pay. I will be posting a youtube video and talking to lawyers to get this issue taken care of. DJI should be forced to pay for their actions not the innocent consumer. I will do my best to make sure they dont get away with this!!!!

Hello there, I have replied your post in another thread, please keep us updated there: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=149682
Please do not keep duplicating and posting the lawsuit against to DJI, this is not allowed by Forum rules, thanks for your understanding. GTScreenshot_20190805_144410.png

2019-8-4
Use props
djiuser_1KfeQxryymqI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24911 ft
United States

I have to say thank you to DJI after escalating my case they did cover it under warranty, it took a while but thanks to Sherrie at DJI she keep things moving it the right direction. Thanks again Sherrie!!!!!
2019-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules