Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rickredsix
New
Flight distance : 16975 ft
United Kingdom

Hey everyone,

New to the forums, so Hi!

I've been having an odd problem with my Phantom 2 recently, about 5-10 seconds after taking off I am getting a low battery warning and the drone will start descending.

I have two batteries for the drone and it has started doing it with both batteries which is what's really worrying me! Could it be something other than the batteries, or have I just got really bad luck with the battery packs.

The drone does the same thing in Phantom or Naza mode, and I am flying it without any attachments; so no Gimbal or prop guards.

Something else really odd happened yesterday as well, when connecting it to the Phantom software it gave me a battery reading of 24%, then when I unplugged it and reset it the battery level was reporting at 72% on the software and on the LED indicators.

I appreciate that the P2 is an oldie round here but has anyone ever had any issues like this? It's driving me nuts!

2017-2-18
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

You might try cleaning the 2 small spring-loaded pins inside the battery slot of the Phantom, and the 2 small pads on each battery.
Also if not done in the last 3 months or so, discharge the batteries to below 10% and then fully charge them.
Hope that helps...
2017-2-18
Use props
rickredsix
New
United Kingdom

Harbourside Posted at 2017-2-18 13:40
You might try cleaning the 2 small spring-loaded pins inside the battery slot of the Phantom, and the 2 small pads on each battery.
Also if not done in the last 3 months or so, discharge the batteries to below 10% and then fully charge them.
Hope that helps...

Thanks Harbourside.

I've tried cleaning the contacts and I've also discharged the batteries and charged them again. I've just noticed that there's quite a variance in voltage between the cells in the batteries. Could this be the issue?

Here is a screenshot of the readout after discharging / charging

2017-2-19
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

That should be ok, and you said your 2 batteries do the same, so its unlikely to be the battery.
If the Phantom and battery contacts are clean then maybe its a firmware issue, are you up-to-date ?
I notice the yellow warning triangle in the bottom left corner, what does that say when you click on it ?
2017-2-19
Use props
rickredsix
New
United Kingdom

Harbourside Posted at 2017-2-19 12:20
That should be ok, and you said your 2 batteries do the same, so its unlikely to be the battery.
If the Phantom and battery contacts are clean then maybe its a firmware issue, are you up-to-date ?
I notice the yellow warning triangle in the bottom left corner, what does that say when you click on it ?

Sorry for the slow reply! Didn't have the time to test out the drone.

I cleaned the contacts and it didn't help. So I caved in and got another battery and that fixed the problem. It turned out both the batteries I was using previously both had voltage variations big enough to trigger the low battery warning immediately in-flight.
2017-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules