6475 45 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
telecam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1540384 ft
  • >>>
United States

A few days ago, I sent a Mavic Pro for replacement under DJI Care Refresh plan.  The service states a 3-4 day turnaround for aircraft repair or replacement, mine has been stuck in repair status for now 10 days.  Althgouh DJI covers shipping both ways, this is done through UPS ground service with no option to speed that up.  Surprisingly, they only have one service center and it's on the west coast.  If located on the east coast, R/T shipping adds two weeks to the service timeline .  By subscribing to DJI Care Refresh, I was under the impression that we are placed on priority status and that best efforts were made to tighten the repair/exchange timeline.  Obviously, not the case.  Attached is my repair timeline current status.

DJI Care.JPG
2017-2-18
Use props
John94si
lvl.1
Flight distance : 261312 ft
United States

Haha. Mine is in the exact boat.  Slow one from China I was told actually. I paid for my refresh feb 9 and it still has not shipped back at all
2017-2-18
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Cue the violins....
Maybe DJI should spend $2Million setting up a repair facilty and hiring an extra 30 staff in the east to make your scandelous waitng time a few days less.
2017-2-18
Use props
Zhuo
lvl.2

United States

Same here. DJI Refresh SUCKS.
2017-2-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Telecam, may I have your case number so that I can escalate it and follow up the case for you?
2017-2-18
Use props
telecam
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-18 21:03
Telecam, may I have your case number so that I can escalate it and follow up the case for you?

DJI Natalia, sent you a PM with case number.  Thanks for your assistance.
2017-2-19
Use props
fansbdb323f7
lvl.1

United States

I'm in the same boat and got an email from DJI Friday saying that thier stock of replacement Mavics has been depleated and they are waiting for more.
2017-2-19
Use props
Dawilliams16
lvl.1

United States

Same boat, a DJI rep told me they restocked friday... Why post information if you're not going to respect it?
2017-2-19
Use props
Dawilliams16
lvl.1

United States

Probably would've been better off purchasing another drone
no big deal.PNG
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

All, we are aware of your cases and very sorry for the inconvenience caused, we'll help you take care of the case once Mavic arrives at repair center.
Thank you so much for your understanding and supporting!
2017-2-19
Use props
zaphforty7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915928 ft
United States

Thanks Natalia. Any estimate on when extras will arrive to the repair center?
2017-2-19
Use props
telecam
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Just heard the replacement Mavic has shipped!  It has been 25 days since the case was filed with Care Refresh.   I understand the difficulty for DJI to deal with demand and supply but to sum up, here are two suggestions for DJI to handle this better:

1. If a repair or exchange cannot be processed in the expected 3-4 days (took 15 days in my case...), DJI should either refund or extend the Care Refresh plan accordingly

2. Option to ship via next or second day air should be made available.  There is nothing worse than watching your much needed drone take a 2-wk road trip from the east coast to the west coast and back.

2017-2-24
Use props
zaphforty7
lvl.4
United States

Got an email yesterday (2/23) and it's scheduled to ship out within the next three days. No clue what was done or what they found (my RC/aircraft wouldn't maintain connection).

My invoice showed full replacement at $999, but ended up being $0 (thanks to DJI Care Refresh or warranty, not sure). Also not sure if I'm getting a brand new device or a refurb.

Timeline:
Shipped: 2/10
Received and Evaluated 2/15
Quote: 2/16
"Repaired" 2/23
Shipped: ???

Basically looking at 2.5 to 3 weeks till I get the Mavic back. Not bad. Likely slowed down due to lack of inventory. Overall pleased with DJI. Final thoughts once Mavic's back in hand.
2017-2-24
Use props
telecam
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

It's unclear whether a new set of props is included when a damaged Mavic is exchanged through Care Refresh.  Can't get the answer from DJI.  Anyone?
2017-2-24
Use props
zaphforty7
lvl.4
United States

Took my props off before sending. But I left my SD card by accidentally. Luckily, the DJI confirmation email showed the card in their possession.
2017-2-24
Use props
fansaa3da6c4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347507 ft
United States

Without props would not be like New for a Refresh.   
2017-2-25
Use props
fansbdb323f7
lvl.1

United States

They sent mine back without props
2017-2-27
Use props
fansaa3da6c4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347507 ft
United States

fansbdb323f7 Posted at 2017-2-27 10:18

So is it like NEW?  Have you asked for them to send you some?
2017-2-27
Use props
jumpingjets
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31043 ft
United States

fansbdb323f7 Posted at 2017-2-27 10:18

How long did you have to wait? I have been literally waiting for almost a month
2017-2-27
Use props
zaphforty7
lvl.4
United States

My drone was replaced (new vs refurb) without repairs. Turn around will be 3 weeks when it comes at the end of this week.
2017-2-27
Use props
jumpingjets
lvl.1
United States

zaphforty7 Posted at 2017-2-27 14:43
My drone was replaced (new vs refurb) without repairs. Turn around will be 3 weeks when it comes at the end of this week.

that's really quick! does 3 weeks include the time you mail to them and they mail it back to us?
2017-2-28
Use props
zaphforty7
lvl.4
United States

jumpingjets Posted at 2017-2-28 14:16
that's really quick! does 3 weeks include the time you mail to them and they mail it back to us?

Personally mailed it Feb 10 and it's out for delivery today (Feb 28th). No physical repairs done. Just a replacement.
2017-2-28
Use props
jumpingjets
lvl.1
United States

zaphforty7 Posted at 2017-2-28 15:18
Personally mailed it Feb 10 and it's out for delivery today (Feb 28th). No physical repairs done. Just a replacement.

i mailed it around Jan 21, and mine is also a replacement, they just sent me a UPS tracking number, which shows no record found..
2017-2-28
Use props
RM316
lvl.3
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine took just over 14 days from start to finish.  Water Damage after a plunge in a river.  Sudden drop in GPS and slow stick responses from the Mavic resulted in a 5ft deep swim.
2017-2-28
Use props
zaphforty7
lvl.4
United States

I've got my replacement Mavic in hand and it appears to be brand new. The decals are still on it and the craft itself is spotless. Still updating firmware for it and the RC, but I'll do a flight test soon.

Thanks DJI for the great turn around and, overall, great service. Thanks to DJI Natalia and Jamie for their assistance on the forums as well.
2017-2-28
Use props
0DAY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 458238 ft
United States

What is the average return time for a repair from what you experienced?
2017-2-28
Use props
fans49ea1415
New
Flight distance : 16565 ft
United States

I am in the same boat. This is as slow as molasses and for the service we're paying.... DJI should really be turning these around as soon as they receive the obviously busted up drones.  My Drone doesn't need repair...it needs replacing. I mailed my Mavic back to DJI on March 20 and their still in que for under repair.  Still no flight test or QA which are the next two steps in this really slow process. If DJI is listening, my case number is CAS-519065-R6Z4Q6.
2017-4-7
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

fans49ea1415 Posted at 2017-4-7 07:05
I am in the same boat. This is as slow as molasses and for the service we're paying.... DJI should really be turning these around as soon as they receive the obviously busted up drones.  My Drone doesn't need repair...it needs replacing. I mailed my Mavic back to DJI on March 20 and their still in que for under repair.  Still no flight test or QA which are the next two steps in this really slow process. If DJI is listening, my case number is CAS-519065-R6Z4Q6.

Read my previous post.
Hope this will inform you in a way.

You can find it here
2017-4-7
Use props
digitalintruder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

Dawilliams16 Posted at 2017-2-19 11:39
Probably would've been better off purchasing another drone

That's what I did - I just ordered another drone while I set my broken one in. I don't have refresh on the broken drone - but I do on the new one - and I'm wondering if it's going to be worth it.
2017-4-7
Use props
fansbb7a7b81
lvl.1
United States

I just got done chatting with DJI online support.  I paid for my drone replacement, but it's not going to ship for another 10 days because apparently the warehouse is out of stock?

They're available right now on Amazon. I realize that drone is already out of DJI's inventory, but still, this is absurd.  DJI has my money (about $800 in repair/replacement costs), and I'm left with no drone and no recourse.

CAS-517376-G7Z9V0
2017-4-7
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-4-7 07:59
That's what I did - I just ordered another drone while I set my broken one in. I don't have refresh on the broken drone - but I do on the new one - and I'm wondering if it's going to be worth it.

Intruder,

Nice second Mavic
I think it's worth it --- when you get the repair one back You can have Drone Dog fighting
It's always good to have backup
2017-4-7
Use props
digitalintruder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-7 08:18
Intruder,

Nice second Mavic

haha, not sure if I want to have a dog fight w/ a good drone - I've bult a few cheapos that could fit that purpose. A group of guys I use to work with used to do that with RC airplanes. They'd try to clip eachother wings. When the RC planes would hit in the sky it would be glorious.
2017-4-7
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-4-7 08:20
haha, not sure if I want to have a dog fight w/ a good drone - I've bult a few cheapos that could fit that purpose. A group of guys I use to work with used to do that with RC airplanes. They'd try to clip eachother wings. When the RC planes would hit in the sky it would be glorious.

whahahahahhh

They do have RC dog fighting competitions --- They attach a long plastic ribbons to the tail of the planes
and try to cut a quarter of length down with your Prop lolllll
Not take out your opponents wing lolloolllll
LMAO  just picturing it lolllllll   
2017-4-7
Use props
fanse254dd01
New
United States

Can a moderator help get my Mavic Drone back to me faster?
CAS-488684-F0W2S3 with DJI Refresh

I sent my drone back and DJI received it according to UPS on 3/16.  It took the website almost a week to update and says they received the unit on 3/23. I received an invoice on 3/31 and paid it off on the same day. It said they need 3-4 business days to :repair and test," but I paid for a replacement, I'm not sure why they need to test or repair a new/refurbished product. I've been without my drone for almost a month now. The main reason why I bought it was to take on my honeymoon and at this point, I may not even get it back in time. I fly out on 4/15/17. Is there anyway to expedite this process? Thanks
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans49ea1415 Posted at 2017-4-7 07:05

Sorry about the delay, I'll ask repair center to speed it up.
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fansbb7a7b81 Posted at 2017-4-7 08:11
I just got done chatting with DJI online support.  I paid for my drone replacement, but it's not going to ship for another 10 days because apparently the warehouse is out of stock?

They're available right now on Amazon. I realize that drone is already out of DJI's inventory, but still, this is absurd.  DJI has my money (about $800 in repair/replacement costs), and I'm left with no drone and no recourse.

We apologize for it. We'll ship it out to you as soon as we can
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fanse254dd01 Posted at 2017-4-7 09:27
Can a moderator help get my Mavic Drone back to me faster?
CAS-488684-F0W2S3 with DJI Refresh

I've escalated your case and will give your case the priority
2017-4-7
Use props
fans283d2237
New
Flight distance : 5262 ft
United States

I'm also in the same boat sent mine went out on march 16 soon as I got my labels. Probably would have been better taking to a repair shop and would probably would have been done already. This process is like watching paint dry they should have atleast provide overnight shipping to compensate for the shipment delays.

Case#: CAS-504846-V8K9T8
2017-4-12
Use props
fans283d2237
New
Flight distance : 5262 ft
United States

Domenique

DJI Care Refresh offers up to two replacement units for a small additional charge. Water damage is also covered! To learn more click: HERE

Domenique
Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support !This is Nique What can I do for you today?

Domenique
Hi

Hi I would like to know the status of a replacement I sent in over 15 days ago.
16:16

CAS-504846-V8K9T8

Domenique
alright, let me check it for you

It's been showing 1day replacement for 3 days now
16:17

Domenique
I really do apologize​, however as per checking, there is still no specific date with regards to the shipping date, And we are really sorry for the inconvenience, that might be due to high volume of replacement cases, but do not worry I have already made a follow up on this​
【System Message】Dear customer, the chat will close in 5 minutes due to inactivity.
16:21

Would you be able to provide at least a estimate as to when I can expect my drone to be replaced. If I knew that this was going to be the case I wouldn't have even

Utilized the care refresh
16:22

Domenique
Sorry however I cannot give assurance on that Adolfo.. since it really depends on the availability of the unit..
16:23

So you're pretty much telling me you don't how much longer I will have to wait?

Domenique
I am sorry, I really cannot be able to give a specific time frame for this..
16:24

Unbelievable that is horrible customers

Service

Send
please enter

2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans283d2237 Posted at 2017-4-12 00:34
I'm also in the same boat sent mine went out on march 16 soon as I got my labels. Probably would have been better taking to a repair shop and would probably would have been done already. This process is like watching paint dry they should have atleast provide overnight shipping to compensate for the shipment delays.

Case#: CAS-504846-V8K9T8

I've escalated your case for you.
2017-4-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules