Flashing yellow light on Mavic Pro
47099 6 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PredFan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249537 ft
United States

I just recieved my Mavic yesterday. All was well, I charged the controller and batteries. I completed the firmware and off I went. Had numerous successful flights. I couldn't have been happier. The controller, later that afternoon, said I had a firmware update to complete. Now, I'm getting a flashing yellow light and the controller won't connect to the Mavic. I have downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 and updated the firmware on the drone that way.

I'm still getting the yellow flashing light, the controller will not connect and it doesn't seem like there is anything I can do.

Any thoughts?
2017-2-18
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

The yellow light just means that your aircraft isn't connected to the remote, and some other folks are discussing what sounds like a similar connection problem in this thread.
2017-2-18
Use props
PredFan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249537 ft
United States

I'm not sure if the is a coincidence or the resolve but the controller connected to the drone once I connected a USB cable to the bottom of the controller and then to my phone. Once I did that all was fine again.
2017-2-20
Use props
DWBunnySlippers
lvl.1
United States

PredFan Posted at 2017-2-20 09:31
I'm not sure if the is a coincidence or the resolve but the controller connected to the drone once I connected a USB cable to the bottom of the controller and then to my phone. Once I did that all was fine again.

Ok... so I don't want to jinx myself, but its working now.

I've been using the DJI assistant for calibration. I THOUGHT that was also calibrating the compass. But, I did the handheld compass calibration and all is well for now. Does it make sense that this would fix it with a mag interference error?

Thanks!

GT
2017-5-10
Use props
Kevinc69
New
Flight distance : 814380 ft
United States

I went full retard with mine. I hit the Wi-fi/RC switch when I removed my SD card to download the video/photos. Flipped it back to RC, all is well. That won't happen to me again.
2017-12-14
Use props
djiuser_whHNDIOoz890
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2638 ft
Sweden

I had the same problem. I updated the firmware of both the drone and the remote. What fixed it for me was doing the binding with the C1, C2 and photography button. The thing that was difficult to see what button to press on the drone. It is a small black dot next to the SD-card. You need to press it with a pencil or something, lika a reset button on a router. Then it worked on the first attempt.
2018-2-16
Use props
Surfingjoe
lvl.1
United States

Kevinc69 Posted at 2017-12-14 13:35
I went full retard with mine. I hit the Wi-fi/RC switch when I removed my SD card to download the video/photos. Flipped it back to RC, all is well. That won't happen to me again.

Thank You for pointing out the obvious.

I received my drone back from DJI (warranty repair).  I didn't personally put the switch into WIFI mode, so never thought to check the switch until your comment.  And boom, it's working.

Yep, that was it, DJI apparently tests the drone using WIFI mode I suppose.
2021-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules