Lightroom Automatically Applying Lens Correction
4709 31 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

I've just noticed that Lightroom is automatically applying lens correction to my DNGs. Is there anyway to disable this as it's making processing of the files a bit clunky. I usually apply corrections at the end of my workflow. I guess the original DNG may contain the lens correction so I'm assuming it is applied when I take the shot on the Inspire?

2017-2-18
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

What camera are you using?
2017-2-18
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-2-18 13:04
What camera are you using?

Zenmuse X5
2017-2-18
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not likely that it will apply the correction automatically because the lens info is in the metadata. Is it possible you have a preset in the import dialog?
2017-2-18
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

mixchief Posted at 2017-2-18 23:38
Not likely that it will apply the correction automatically because the lens info is in the metadata. Is it possible you have a preset in the import dialog?

I don't think so, been using Lightroom for about 3 years with several cameras and lenses and this hasn't happened before. I'm not at the PC to get a screen capture but the check box isn't checked for lens correction and  there's an info message saying that correction has automatically been applied.
2017-2-19
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2017-2-19 08:06
I don't think so, been using Lightroom for about 3 years with several cameras and lenses and this hasn't happened before. I'm not at the PC to get a screen capture but the check box isn't checked for lens correction and  there's an info message saying that correction has automatically been applied.

I hate to suggest it, but have you spoken to Adobe CS? (can be as frustrating as DJI CS)It makes no sense that Lightroom would just apply anything that you haven't set it. I'd love to see the message, not that I don't believe you, don't need to prove anything to me, but, it would be something new to me.
2017-2-19
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

mixchief Posted at 2017-2-19 21:58
I hate to suggest it, but have you spoken to Adobe CS? (can be as frustrating as DJI CS)It makes no sense that Lightroom would just apply anything that you haven't set it. I'd love to see the message, not that I don't believe you, don't need to prove anything to me, but, it would be something new to me.

Here's the screenshot, not conacted Adobe about it yet.

Untitled-1.jpg
2017-2-21
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

I think I have seen what you are talking about. the images will import, you can see they are "flat" in color due to RAW / Log.. then after they import they all one by one get a bunch of color and adjustments (lens corrections) made..
Is this what you are seeing as well?
2017-2-21
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-2-21 09:19
I think I have seen what you are talking about. the images will import, you can see they are "flat" in color due to RAW / Log.. then after they import they all one by one get a bunch of color and adjustments (lens corrections) made..
Is this what you are seeing as well?

Yep, Lightroom has always done this with me.
2017-2-21
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2017-2-21 09:27
Yep, Lightroom has always done this with me.

ok, so this is not the issue you are talking about then?
2017-2-21
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-2-21 09:32

No, Lightroom seems to be applying lens correction without me wanting it. Working in LR can be really clunky when it's applied, I like to apply it towards the end of my workflow.
2017-2-21
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

No, Lightroom seems to be applying lens correction without me wanting it. Working in LR can be really clunky when it's applied, I like to apply it towards the end of my workflow.
2017-2-21
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

2017-2-21
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2017-2-21 11:29

I have a feeling the profile is embedded and lightroom might not have a choice, is there maybe a setting in preferences to prevent it? In my case I prefer to import my images with the profile as a preset so that wouldn't bother me, however I know I've had instances I want the lens profile off and not being able to do it would absolutely frustrate me. If I was you I would absolutely call Adobe CS
2017-2-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2017-2-21 11:29

Could you happen to provide a sample of how it turns out?
2017-2-21
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

mixchief Posted at 2017-2-21 17:00
I have a feeling the profile is embedded and lightroom might not have a choice, is there maybe a setting in preferences to prevent it? In my case I prefer to import my images with the profile as a preset so that wouldn't bother me, however I know I've had instances I want the lens profile off and not being able to do it would absolutely frustrate me. If I was you I would absolutely call Adobe CS

I haven't had time to look at the Lightroom side of this, but I noticed in the camera settings in the GO App that there's a lens profile setting (can't seem to turn it off thought) I'm guessing the lens profile is embedded in the DNG?
2017-2-22
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-21 22:06
Could you happen to provide a sample of how it turns out?

Will do Jamie
2017-2-22
Use props
Sestaceans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2017-2-21 08:16

Built in Lens Profile Applied?   Never have seen that.  You should start a new folder all together and see if it was something attached to that specific batch
2017-2-22
Use props
Sestaceans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2017-2-22 00:57
I haven't had time to look at the Lightroom side of this, but I noticed in the camera settings in the GO App that there's a lens profile setting (can't seem to turn it off thought) I'm guessing the lens profile is embedded in the DNG?

I have never had that problem, and I shoot a bit with that camera, and have never seen anything like this in Lightroom/ Photoshop.  I take it you have looked in your presets....
2017-2-22
Use props
Henry M.Y.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Something went wrong with automatic lens correction applied by Adobe LR.

The metadata from your X5 in Inspire 1 Pro should contain "DJI FC550" with "DJI MFT 15mm F1.7 ASPH" or  "OLYMPUS M.25mm F1.8" or such other metadata relevant to the lens you used. In the screenshot you posted here, Adobe LR recognized the camera as "DJI FC350" which was the X3 and applied automatically irrelevant lens corrections basing on lens profile of the X3 instead of X5! And Adobe LR doesn't have the option for you to disable the auto lens correction?

I don't understand it.

Henry
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Whenever you can would be great.
2017-2-22
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sestaceans Posted at 2017-2-22 06:50
I have never had that problem, and I shoot a bit with that camera, and have never seen anything like this in Lightroom/ Photoshop.  I take it you have looked in your presets....

Created a new folder and took a photo to import, nothing was checked in any of the import boxes to apply a preset. This screenshot shows the message when I click on the 'info' message in the Lens Correction panel.
Untitled-2.jpg
2017-2-25
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2017-2-22 07:13
Something went wrong with automatic lens correction applied by Adobe LR.

The metadata from your X5 in Inspire 1 Pro should contain "DJI FC550" with "DJI MFT 15mm F1.7 ASPH" or  "OLYMPUS M.25mm F1.8" or such other metadata relevant to the lens you used. In the screenshot you posted here, Adobe LR recognized the camera as "DJI FC350" which was the X3 and applied automatically irrelevant lens corrections basing on lens profile of the X3 instead of X5! And Adobe LR doesn't have the option for you to disable the auto lens correction?

See my post above, the greyed out boxes don't show anything with this photo!
2017-2-25
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2017-2-25 06:24
See my post above, the greyed out boxes don't show anything with this photo!

I've been importing stills into lightroom and it is working as normal, unfortunately the lens options it offers do not include the X5.  The only parameter that I can't change is the camera profile.
2017-3-11
Use props
Photoroto
lvl.1
United States

I wonder how far those profiles really go.

FWIW, if you check "Enable Profile Corrections" and then select "None" as the "Make" the message changes to "Unable to locate matching profile" from "Built-in lens Profile applied."  But there is no visible difference in the displayed image.
If you are feeling rather hardcore, there is a text header in raw files that can preset a number of parameters including automatic corrections.  I used to do that to get LR to accept non-supported files formats.  If you go mucking around there you might be able to turn off the auto profile, I don't off hand known exactly what how to do that.

Also FWIW, I find I get much better edge sharpness when I set "Lens Corrections->Manual->Distortion" to some negative number between about -10 and -24, depending on the lens.  This re-introduces the barrel distortion that the automatic profile correction may have removed at the price of adding edge distortions.  You lose a bit of image around the periphery, but edge sharpness goes up, especially if you're stitching.  Go figure, but it seems to be the case.

2017-3-11
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks chaps. Just updated Lightroom and checked the 'what's new' page and have just found this

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html#Create%20your%20own%20lens%20profiles

Not sure if it helps much?
2017-3-12
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Might seem a silly question but why don't you switch to manual instead of "profile"?
2017-3-14
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-14 12:18
Might seem a silly question but why don't you switch to manual instead of "profile"?

It doesn't seem to make any difference to the image switching between the two. Maybe as the profile is embedded in the DNG?
2017-3-14
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2017-3-14 14:06
It doesn't seem to make any difference to the image switching between the two. Maybe as the profile is embedded in the DNG?

Lightroom could not provide a lens correction for the X5 camera as the camera has interchangeable lenses, and to my chagrin does not have ANY Olympic lens profiles, the only profile Lightroom sees as embedded in my experience is the camera profile. I'm now wondering if the difference between us is that you are using a PC and I'm using a mac?
2017-3-16
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

mixchief Posted at 2017-3-16 21:52
Lightroom could not provide a lens correction for the X5 camera as the camera has interchangeable lenses, and to my chagrin does not have ANY Olympic lens profiles, the only profile Lightroom sees as embedded in my experience is the camera profile. I'm now wondering if the difference between us is that you are using a PC and I'm using a mac?

Not sure about that. It's definitely a lens correction and I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the camera body
2017-3-18
Use props
roffen
lvl.1
United States

I am using the Inspire 2 with X5s  with several different lenses.  On all of them the 15mm and 45mm the lens correction does not recognize Inspire 2 nor the lens when the RAW file is imported into Lightroom.
any ideas?

2017-8-3
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

roffen Posted at 2017-8-3 10:30
I am using the Inspire 2 with X5s  with several different lenses.  On all of them the 15mm and 45mm the lens correction does not recognize Inspire 2 nor the lens when the RAW file is imported into Lightroom.
any ideas?

If you look at the lens list in lightroom there is an inspire 1 F350 I believe this to be the 15mm whether its an I1 or I2 there is also n Zenmuze X3 correction, However if you are using an Olympus or Panasonic lens, you are out of luck, for some reason I don't understand there are no profiles for these brands
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules