1790 13 2015-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
charlie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24718 ft
  • >>>
United States

If Inspire pilots in the Raleigh NC area want to get together, we have some great places to fly and share ideas.
I have been an aerial/architectural photographer for 15 years. Looking forward to one day making good money with this thing. I am scrambling to learn to edit video. The forum has been a fantastic resource. Keep the great posts and videos flowing!
2015-2-21
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.2

United States

I'm in Boone NC unfortunately my inspire timed out during flight yesterday and crashed hard breaking two arms along with the camera breaking off with the gimbal.
2015-2-22
Use props
casrat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24718 ft
  • >>>
United States

What do you mean by timed out?  Hopefully you'll post your expeience in another topic so we can all hear about this. Not good to hear!
2015-2-22
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.2

United States

I was flying it on a short route I've done dozens of times that goes over a wooded area. Yesterday I did the full IMU calibration then the regular compass calibration before takeoff. GPS was locked in everything good. I got the craft to about 200 feet in order to avoid any obstacles (trees mainly). As I went about 1000 feet distance wise I then lost RC signal and total GPS loss. My iPad just showed nothing as far as the camera or the map. It then said RTH timeout and I had no idea what it was doing. So somehow it lowered itself to only 100 feet height wise and tried to return to home point, when I finally was able to see it it ran straight into a group of pine trees, stripping the camera and gimbal off, and breaking two of the carbon fiber arms. All four props were destroyed as well.
2015-2-22
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.2

United States

This the error that I got when I lost connection and then it lowered itself 100 feet and then proceeded to crash.
2015-2-22
Use props
vianey
lvl.2

United States

Hi charlie,
my name is fernando, i'm in asheboro nc maybe some day we can meet to fly and share things
2015-2-22
Use props
Brent Morris
New

United States

Hi Charlie. I live in Durham and work in RTP. I'm looking to purchase my first Inspire and I have a thousand questions. I would love to pick your brain. Could you shoot me an email with your contact information when you have a free second! Thanks. Brent (bymorris@gmail.com)
2015-3-4
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68555177 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm in North Raleigh near 540/Louisburg Rd area.  Travis@flyboync.com I'm also a local DJI dealer Brent and we have Inspires in stock right now
2015-3-5
Use props
dentin11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155646 ft
United States

Hey Charlie, I too live in the Triangle, Cary, and just got my I1 last week.  Been into RC for years!
2015-4-15
Use props
Woffski
lvl.2
United States

Travis, what kits are you offering?  
2015-5-25
Use props
tornado
lvl.1

United States

Woffski Posted at 2015-5-26 03:57
Travis, what kits are you offering?

I'm in for a meet up, I'm in the Durham/Morrisville area. Hi Travis, good to see you here.
2015-6-11
Use props
tungvu.tv
lvl.1

United States

Hey! I'm in the Durham area and would love to fly with other Inspire 1 pilots! tungvu.tv@gmail.com
2015-6-13
Use props
nick.viavideo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1861713 ft
United States

Hi Charlie:

I am a novice but have been flying two micro/nano quads for several weeks and have just received a Inspire 1 purchase at KingRC in King, NC. I live in Winston Salem and would enjoy collaborating with you as your schedule will permit.

Best regards,

Nick Nicholson
2015-8-5
Use props
nick.viavideo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1861713 ft
United States

Charlie:

I've been in production and post for over 35 years in Atlanta and moved here two years ago.

Nick
2015-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules