Spain

Hey guys, we've been doing some minor tests on this topic, here the results

2017-2-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Cool video, I like that sort of demonstrative production.

Mine sounds like a busy beehive, but it's sweet, so she must be full of honey. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-2-18
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

Alex:

Wouldn't a test environment outside, in a quiet meadow be more conclusive? Certain frequencies reflected by interior walls would disperse more outside, leading to different overall results, no?
And I assume the measuring device utilized an omnidirectional microphone.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-2-18
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-2-18 13:33
Alex:

Wouldn't a test environment outside, in a quiet meadow be more conclusive? Certain frequencies reflected by interior walls would disperse more outside, leading to different overall results, no?

Propeller sound is directional, it should be measured from the ground as the drone passes overhead at the 50 meter distance that is required under UK law.

Certainly measuring it in front of a wall is likely to double the sound energy received by the microphone and there is not much point measuring the amount of sound radiating horizontally since drones aren't designed to be used on the ground.
2017-2-18
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Mine is noisy like 80 DB closer to my Phantom 3 Standard, nice video.
2017-2-18
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

My Phantom 3A screams like a 2 stroke Banshee with the carbon fibre props. I only use them because of the large Locusts it hits every now and again and comes home covered in blood and guts. Almost lost it in the early days with the plastic props due to Locust strike....massive chips in the prop when landed and sounded and handled horrible when it was almost home...covered in guts!! Made one mistake one day running my finger up the carbon fibre prop and copped a splinter...took me a week with a needle to get it out....my missus had no sympathy for me......she was on the end of the needle...do I have to say anymore !!!!
2017-2-18
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

Dude...those bugs sound nasty {:4_117:}
Ditto on the wife's needle skills
2017-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now