Camera not transmitting image - Gimbal working properly
2018 8 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aaronn
lvl.1
Colombia

Since yesterday the camera won't transmit an image. The gimbal moves and works fine, and I'm not getting any error messages, just the phone screen is black. Using a Galaxy S6 and tried on an iPhone 7 too.

Can a cable or pin have come unplugged? Currently out of the country so can't call DJI, and would love to get it back up and running.

2017-2-18
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It happened to me once after I started the AC  with the Gimbal lock on.... Just be VERYYYYY careful when you do the following:

With the AC OFF... gently hold the camera part and move it backward to opposite side ALL THE WAY to the end but do it gently and don't force it but take it all the way to the end limit.

Then turn the RC/AC/APP and see if it worked. I had to do it couple of times but it worked for me and never had an issue again.

Good luck and let us know...

2017-2-18
Use props
aaronn
lvl.1
Colombia

dronist Posted at 2017-2-18 19:42
It happened to me once after I started the AC  with the Gimbal lock on.... Just be VERYYYYY careful when you do the following:

With the AC OFF... gently hold the camera part and move it backward to opposite side ALL THE WAY to the end but do it gently and don't force it but take it all the way to the end limit.

Thanks, tried that a bunch of times to no avail.  Do you mean just pushing the entire camera setup towards the back of the AC until it touches that vent part?

Also, is this loose piece of plastic normal?  Should I try to remove it?
2017-2-18
Use props
aaronn
lvl.1
Colombia

It wouldn't let me edit the post to link the pic properly... here it is:

mavic.png
mavic.png
2017-2-18
Use props
Defender4he1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466 ft
Australia

aaronn Posted at 2017-2-18 21:39

I think that piece of plastic is a ribbon cable that appears to be broken but hard to tell from pic
2017-2-18
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

aaronn Posted at 2017-2-18 21:39

Oops.... That is the cable ribbon that control the camera sensors/image. Like defender said it is hard to tell if it is an extra extension coming out of the ribbon or it is broken. If it broken than you need to contact support. If it is NOT you still need to contact support to see if it is a defect.
2017-2-19
Use props
aaronn
lvl.1
Panama

Here is another pic. It looks like a piece of extra plastic just peeling off.
I guess it'll be going back to DJI when I get back stateside.  

2017-2-19
Use props
aaronn
lvl.1
Panama

aaronn Posted at 2017-2-19 14:13
Here is another pic. It looks like a piece of extra plastic just peeling off.
I guess it'll be going back to DJI when I get back stateside.

Whoops. Take 2. Hopefully it works this time.
20170219_115612.jpg
2017-2-19
Use props
aaronn
lvl.1
United States

This didn't help me, but maybe it'll help someone else.  What DJI recommended:

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technology.
To resolve the No Image Transmission Error issue. Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot for it:

Please remove your SD Card from your aircraft.
Please change the Image Transmission Settings (Channel: Auto or Custom) from your DJI Go App.
Please attempt to fly on a different location with no interference such as buildings, trees, hills, magnetic interference and etc.
Please change to a different USB cable .
Please use a different mobile device that DJI recommended.

If the steps fail to resolve the issue, please provide us the following details:
* A screenshot of the current firmware on your ABOUT page located in your DJI Go App.
* A screenshot of the error message encountered.
2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules