Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Landing in Course Lock Mode?
1062 5 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RoadHazard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58609 ft
United States

I've seen a few comments on this forum that it's bad practice to land while Course Lock (CL) mode is enabled. True or false?

I really like CL mode because I don't like flying "backwards" while the P3S is turned around. It also seems like a nice safety measure: I can easily fly it home if I can't see (or can't remember) which way the craft is oriented. I usually switch on CL mode shortly after takeoff, and it's the last thing I switch off before landing.

But what happens if I forget and try to land in CL mode? From some of stories I read here, bad things will happen...

2017-2-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

<disregard>
2017-2-18
Use props
WilliamM
First Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Have a few suggestions. First you should REALLY learn and get comfortable with flying in normal mode, relying on CL is like using training wheels on a bike, your never really leaning how to balance. Or in this case fly your drone with some expertise. Next, if your needing to fly backward, or getting confused about which way your facing, your not using your device's screen as intended. Just look at the radar icon and/or the map screen, it's all there.  Lastly, if you truly get lost in which way is which, it's the "Home Lock" option you want to use to get right back to home, not CL.
2017-2-18
Use props
RoadHazard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58609 ft
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-2-18 16:40
I'm not sure why somebody would say that.  Once you get inside the 20 meter ring it's in Phantom mode anyway - I guess you'd want to keep that in mind.  Otherwise I can't see what he problem is.  I guess if you're zig zagging all over town in CL you could get confused?       But that would be unusual in CL.

In Phantom mode? Explain.
2017-2-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sorry - I was mistaken about that - confusing home lock with course lock.  Nevermind  
Here's an excellent video on course lock.  Presumably P3 refers to all P3s including the Standard.  He does recommend putting it in P mode before landing.

2017-2-19
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Pretty much I use RTH mode to get my drone home. Works every time without failure and I just manually land when drone comes to around 50m distance.
2017-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules