Livestreaming greyed out
4235 48 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ivelisseoquendo
New

United States

https://www.cdw.com/shop/product ... 50!!!g!56940229505!

I found this link of a micro usb to micro usb that it may be helpful. I may have to get one too since I have a similar problem using my Galaxy S6 (not taking pictures in the app)
2017-2-22
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-20 02:13
Aloha Jack,

Hopefully, you understand that the Livestreaming function only works with P3 and above systems that use a USB cable for the network with Android devices.  As for the description on the Play Store, it is accurate and not an oversight.  

Probably more helpful if the description noted; "Not Applicable to the Phantom 3 Standard" then those of us who are flying the P3S would understand that this is not a function our system supports.
2017-2-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

ivelisseoquendo Posted at 2017-2-22 07:21
https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/StarTech.com-8in-USB-OTG-Cable-Micro-USB-to-Micro-USB-M-M/3955059.aspx?cm_cat=GoogleBase&cm_ite=3955059&cm_pla=NA-NA-STP_US&cm_ven=acquirgy&ef_id=WK2rowAABLiqWrfC:20170222151755:s&gclid=CI335YGApNICFdcegQodz_sG4A&s_kwcid=AL!4223!3!181649462550!!!g!56940229505!

I found this link of a micro usb to micro usb that it may be helpful. I may have to get one too since I have a similar problem using my Galaxy S6 (not taking pictures in the app)

Aloha Ivelisse,

That is the first micro to micro USB cable I have seen.  Apparently you need one to connect a tablet to the Phantom or remote controller.  It also appears to be a data cable since it connects to drives and games.  Phantoms that use Assistant 2 need that double connection.  DJI provides an adapter for that purpose.  Mahalo for the information.

Be sure to measure out 8 inches so you can see how short the cable is.  My shortest cable is one foot and seems like the perfect length.  Long cables, when coiled and in use, generate radio signals that can interfere with connections.

Sorry to hear that the video streaming option is not available to P3S users.  I have not used it personally, but I can see where others might like to use it.

When you say that your P3S does not take pictures in the app, are they at least recorded on the micro SD chip?  Since this post is on the second page, you might want to present your problem in a new thread.  This thread is about streaming video, yours sounds like photos.  It would be worth starting a new thread.  I will keep an eye out for it if you like.

BTW, welcome to the Forum!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

JackA Posted at 2017-2-22 14:25
Probably more helpful if the description noted; "Not Applicable to the Phantom 3 Standard" then those of us who are flying the P3S would understand that this is not a function our system supports.

Aloha Jack,

Yes, good idea.  But, you have to realize that there are cultural and language issues involved in even this simple problem.  Usually, US companies keep organizational operations in the US and outsource manufacturing to other countries.  The presentation of the product to the customer remains in the US.

In DJI and other Chinese companies that create products and sell them in Asia, the US market is secondary.  But they are learning it is secondary in a major way!  The organizational structures are in China and English is at best a second language and Western culture is something taught, not experienced.  Many Western and US employees are hired to help overcome this hurdle of language and culture, but they have to be bilingual and fluent to work well in that environment.

The bottom line is those who think that these kinds of mistakes are deliberate or inexcusable simply do not understand what is going on.  If, when informed of the situation, they still refuse to attempt understanding, they have a problem and this problem will be expressed when they have to interact with such a company.

The best thing to do is if you notice a problem, contact DJI through a live person (Chat or Phone) and explain the problem.  Then ask for direction for who further up the company structure to contact about the problem.  I once had an issue at the same time I was reading a new manual.  There were serious issues that the wording in part of the manual would create.  I mentioned it and was given an email of the person to contact.  They were very grateful and the next edition of the manual that followed (in a couple months) contained the suggestions.  They were very happy and a problem was avoided.

I hope this aides in understanding.  DJI is now very aware of the streaming problem for P3S users.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-22
Use props
philnolan3d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62530 ft
United States

ivelisseoquendo Posted at 2017-2-22 07:21
https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/StarTech.com-8in-USB-OTG-Cable-Micro-USB-to-Micro-USB-M-M/3955059.aspx?cm_cat=GoogleBase&cm_ite=3955059&cm_pla=NA-NA-STP_US&cm_ven=acquirgy&ef_id=WK2rowAABLiqWrfC:20170222151755:s&gclid=CI335YGApNICFdcegQodz_sG4A&s_kwcid=AL!4223!3!181649462550!!!g!56940229505!

Thanks for the link!
2017-2-25
Use props
Sp00nix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28678 ft
United States

JackA Posted at 2017-2-22 14:25

It's printed on the side of the package the quad came in as well.
2017-2-25
Use props
djiuser_IwdHzWHf1ZEL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62808 ft
United States

mines is greyed out but quickly returns to normal after i disconnect the drone. which doesn't help. also note it work once a few days ago but greyed out right afterwards, and has been that way ever since on my 5day old spark
2020-8-15
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

philnolan3d Posted at 2017-2-19 07:53
I tried turning Hotspot on but it didn't change anything. Maybe because it's waiting for a device to enter the hotspot password and obviously the drone can't do that.

The RC of the P3S is like a hotspot already and does allow only 1 free IP adress. If ya turn your phone into a hotspot then the phones WIFI will not find the P3S RC as spot anymore. If you are sure that the mobile data does not interfere the WIFI  signals between the mobile and the P3S then shut down the airplane mode and switch on the mobile data of your phone.
2020-8-16
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

djiuser_IwdHzWHf1ZEL Posted at 8-15 07:25
mines is greyed out but quickly returns to normal after i disconnect the drone. which doesn't help. also note it work once a few days ago but greyed out right afterwards, and has been that way ever since on my 5day old spark

What i posted is for all WIFI driven drones and not for P3S only.
2020-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules