How good is the ARGTEK ANNTENNA setup on P3S?
12284 96 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140315 ft
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-5-28 20:53
Firstly you fail to understand. FAA says 400 ft above ground level.  It does not say 400 feet altitude / elevation
If you take your drone to the mountains at 14000 feet is that illegal if you fly at 14400 feet altitude?

Of course I don't know what I am talking about. Only someone as smart as you know what you are talking about. What I do know is that I don't really care what you are talking about.
2017-5-29
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

Bought an Argtek from that
BlueProton DJI Phantom 3 Standard WiFi Signal Range Extender Antenna Kit by ARGtek
same exact above but only got 1000 feet with it. Things I noticed were the 5.8 wire was different color (gray) than all the videos show (White). OK they doing repair and sent it back out but it still didn't work. Also the 3 flat panels were just thrown in the box and didn't have that upper cardboard that holds them all in a row. OK i realized I had gotten repair someone else sent back didn't work still. I did a Return to sender(amazon)

Recieved second set. Wires are correct color. There is a black wire protector going through the point where wires pass through RC to antenna not in the first set(need a picture let me know). Flat panels are organized with a separate cardboard holding them all in a row on the top side of box all wrapped in plastic. GREAT MAYBE THIS IS A GOOD SET

Mounted them and still not getting the range. Yes I checked my antenna connections several times. Once they are snapped in you can swivel them back and forth and if they don't pop off i'd say that is good. Also very carefully removed all glue around them before plugging them in. Have one of them magnifying hood lenses and an exacto knife.

? before I send this back. Are all you doing this great range withe 3 stick antenna? Or using the 2 flat panel 2.4 GHZ with the one 5.8 GHZ stick? I'm suffering from a battery Cell Broken error but don't think this should effect range. It is charging up to 97%. Yeah Yeah waiting on DJI to send me a new one, wait and wish.
2017-5-29
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

I tried using the 3 omni, the 3 paddles, the center omni with the 2 paddles. Every time I used the 3 omni I've gotten the best results. I know the paddles are supposed to give better range but they are VERY particular about aiming them at the AC. I reached my new record Saturday with the 3 omni-directional antenna setup. Others may have better results with the paddles but for me that's not the case. I have the center 5.8 omni straight up and the 2 2.4 omnies pointed straight up but tilted out to the side just slightly. If I could post a pic on here straight off my IPad i could show you.
2017-5-29
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
United States

2017-5-29
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
United States

Thanks to malvern for the pic posting instructions.
2017-5-29
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Uncle Stumpy Posted at 2017-5-29 02:14
Of course I don't know what I am talking about. Only someone as smart as you know what you are talking about. What I do know is that I don't really care what you are talking about.

"Where are you at? FAA says 400 feet max. I'd say that 8600 feet is a little over legal."

What you wrote.  A simple click on my video and you would have known my location is NOT in the USA and FAA rules do not apply to me.
You would also know a DJI drone cannot fly 8600 feet height from launch site. Anyways thanks for confirming you don't know what you are talking about.      
2017-5-29
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140315 ft
United States

Man you are the coolest guy EVER
2017-5-29
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
United States

I've got to say Uncle Stumpy, I love the avatar!
2017-5-30
Use props
Tarkington Stud
lvl.1
Spain

Maybe a dumb question, but I'm a noob at this range extender stuff. Considering purchasing the ARGtek, but as of now with the factory antenna on the RC, the DJI Go app only gives me an adjustable max range/altitude of 500m. Once the ARGtek is installed, does DJI Go app reflect the added range? Or does it just stay at 500m?  If the app stays at 500m max, seems to me that ARGtek was a waste of money. I can only go as far as the app will let me, no?
2017-7-6
Use props
Tarkington Stud
lvl.1
Spain

Michgolden Posted at 2017-5-29 07:16
I tried using the 3 omni, the 3 paddles, the center omni with the 2 paddles. Every time I used the 3 omni I've gotten the best results. I know the paddles are supposed to give better range but they are VERY particular about aiming them at the AC. I reached my new record Saturday with the 3 omni-directional antenna setup. Others may have better results with the paddles but for me that's not the case. I have the center 5.8 omni straight up and the 2 2.4 omnies pointed straight up but tilted out to the side just slightly. If I could post a pic on here straight off my IPad i could show you.

I'm curious to see that setup. No luck with a photo?
2017-7-6
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Tarkington Stud Posted at 2017-7-6 13:13
Maybe a dumb question, but I'm a noob at this range extender stuff. Considering purchasing the ARGtek, but as of now with the factory antenna on the RC, the DJI Go app only gives me an adjustable max range/altitude of 500m. Once the ARGtek is installed, does DJI Go app reflect the added range? Or does it just stay at 500m?  If the app stays at 500m max, seems to me that ARGtek was a waste of money. I can only go as far as the app will let me, no?

In the distance section in the App turn it off then you have unlimited distance.
2017-7-6
Use props
Tarkington Stud
lvl.1
Spain

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-7-6 15:50
In the distance section in the App turn it off then you have unlimited distance.

Geeze, I never saw that option. Still getting used to this app. Thanks
2017-7-7
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Tarkington Stud Posted at 2017-7-6 13:13

Why do you mix RANGE with ALTITUDE ?

DJI Phantom has a max ALTITUDE of 500m no matter what you do. There are no tricks or work-rounds for that ... DJI snapped that loophole shut ages ago.

BUT RANGE is what you get based on having a good signal and as long as you de-select limits in GO ... you can fly as far as system can communicate.
My record stands at 5000m horizontal distance at height 130m

With basic out of box P3S I had about 300m horizontal distance

With basic ARGTEK I could get over 2000m on a good day with average over 1500m ...  horizontal distance.

Nigel
2017-7-7
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
United States

Tarkington Stud Posted at 2017-7-6 13:14
I'm curious to see that setup. No luck with a photo?

It should show my setup on post #84.
2017-7-9
Use props
hargrave6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26864 ft

United States

Pilots, what would be helpful is that you include tje type of terrain your flying in when you get your distances, may clear up some confusion.
For me......
Ive gotten out to a little over 2300ft, however im sort of in a "valley" or "bowl" about 330deg around me is higher and i get muck less distance than when i aim at the one low spot in the terrain. Even then though i have trees/ houses, Wifi and who knows what else to contend with.
Those having isues, take all these things into consideration.
BTW
I have the "XmiPbs" probably a Chinese knockoff but works for me.
2017-9-18
Use props
Toby Raspin
New

United Kingdom

Could some one advise me I am looking at getting the argtek Signal booster is it worth it as my drone us in ce mode
2019-1-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I would get an ITELITE.  
2019-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules