Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
In Sport Mode, can you travel further?
2728 7 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8c7e7e0a
lvl.2

United States

I want to know if i switch into Sport mode, can I travel longer distance, rather than regular mode?
2017-2-18
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

No, you can neither travel further nor farther.  
2017-2-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

You can travel further quicker, but not farther.
2017-2-18
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

Only a lot faster
2017-2-19
Use props
PimpDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

It's also worth noting that Sport Mode disables the front sensors.
2017-2-19
Use props
SteveDickin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flying rather than hovering apparently gives you longer time in the air due to hovering taking more power from the batteries to enable it to stay still.  Therefore in some circumstances I would suggest that moving at an optimum speed will enable longer battery life and further(farther) distance.  I would say that potentially this could be achieved in sports mode, in my opinion.
2017-2-19
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Someone here worked out/suggested an optimum speed of say 22mph, which can be achieved in normal mode, therefore it could also be achieved in sport mode. The propensity to use more power is limited in normal mode, so it could be considered a good safeguard to use normal mode in case you get heavy on the sticks in sport mode. However, real world situations change as to the amount of resistance the drone encounters such as wind speed and to a lesser extent humidity.
A headwind that exceeds the top speed of the Mavic in normal mode will mean the drone will be travelling backwards relative to the ground. In such a case, or if it's making poor headway, then sport mode may be the only guarantee of it making it back "home".
2017-2-19
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

I've heard (unsubstantiated) that you can fly around the globe in sport mode with the optional solar array. The forward sensors are disabled to watch for hidden obstacles.
2017-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules