Nvida K1 Tablet
273874 273874 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Divetwins
lvl.1
Flight distance : 412986 ft
Austria

Like to fly with my Apple IPad Mini2. Works well no crashes. My K1 it will be on Nougat. Dont fly with These anymore. Waiting for the Samsung S7 update so i can fly Litchi with Goggles.
2017-4-4
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Divetwins Posted at 2017-4-4 07:25
Like to fly with my Apple IPad Mini2. Works well no crashes. My K1 it will be on Nougat. Dont fly with These anymore. Waiting for the Samsung S7 update so i can fly Litchi with Goggles.

Does the Mini 2 do well with the P4P? I had been advised to fly with only the Mini 3 or later.
2017-4-4
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans33bab3c0 Posted at 2017-3-27 16:47
I think i found today too stop this disconect and Crash APP. i have shield k1 Android 7.0 i install APP call greenify from APP store i install what i make when i go fly stop all background program and ente dji go4 and fly. I make this 2 Times and 1h fly and no more crashes and disconect. Sorry my english

Must you stop all background programs every time before you fly, or can you do this only once and it works forever?
2017-4-4
Use props
Divetwins
lvl.1
Flight distance : 412986 ft
Austria

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-4-4 12:42
Does the Mini 2 do well with the P4P? I had been advised to fly with only the Mini 3 or later.

With the Mavic it works great on Mini2
2017-4-4
Use props
strap1972
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108373 ft
Belgium

Thanks E.T._Drone_Home, followed your procedure step-by-step, worked like a charm!!
2017-4-6
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

E.T._Drone_Home Posted at 2017-2-21 09:07
You will lose everything on your K1!!! Bootloading will void your warranty!!! Back everything up you need backed up!!! Remove any micro SD card. I assume responsibility for NOTHING! Try at your own risk. This is what worked for me, your mileage may vary.
Start by creating a folder in your C: and name it something simple like K1. C:\K1
You will need to download a few things to prepare.

Hi E.T.,

after downgrading to Android 6.01 do you recommend updating the K1 firmware to 5.0.0, or is there a reason to keep 1.5.0?

I mostly use Litchi, but last Friday the entire system froze on me, so I decided to do something to avoid this experience in the future.
2017-4-9
Use props
Vayreda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30190 ft

You will lose everything on your K1!!! Bootloading will void your warranty!!! Back everything up you need backed up!!! Remove any micro SD card. I assume responsibility for NOTHING! Try at your own risk. This is what worked for me, your mileage may vary.
Start by creating a folder in your C: and name it something simple like K1. C:\K1

@E.T._Drone_Home, Thanks a lot for this fanstastic manual how to downgrade. Works perfect
2017-4-15
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I did the downgrade weeks ago myself. No changes in regards to screen lag/app crash.
Fact is: K1 and Go 4 app don't get along well. For weeks I tried everything as recommended in internet/forums.

Easy solution:
Throw the K1 away and go for iOS.  It's a relief, you can finally concentrate on flying/filming.
This is said by a longtime Windows/Android guy. I still stick to these systems but not for flying DJI drones.
2017-4-15
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2017-4-15 14:39
I did the downgrade weeks ago myself. No changes in regards to screen lag/app crash.
Fact is: K1 and Go 4 app don't get along well. For weeks I tried everything as recommended in internet/forums.

I was happy with my K1 running DJI Go 4 on Android 6, but the tablet died recently and I also opted to go to iOS for my next DJI-dependent purchase. So far, the experience with an iPad Mini 3 and DJI Go 4 has actually been worse than my K1 setup, but I've been running Litchi for the past couple days almost error-free. Initially though even Litchi was giving me issues on iOS. I'm not sure what changed.
2017-4-15
Use props
fanscf656e09
lvl.1
United States

I downgraded my tablet to android 6.0.1 as stated on here, but is 6.0.1 noticeably buggy for anyone else on the K1? The wi-fi is one of the main issues with the downgrade on this version.
2017-4-15
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fanscf656e09 Posted at 2017-4-15 19:38
I downgraded my tablet to android 6.0.1 as stated on here, but is 6.0.1 noticeably buggy for anyone else on the K1? The wi-fi is one of the main issues with the downgrade on this version.

Are you speaking of WIFI issues in general or WIFI with another DJI product. I ask because the P4P does not use WIFI.
2017-4-16
Use props
Lensmonkey
lvl.1

United States

I have had to downgrade to 6.0.1 for the above mentioned problems. Is there a consensus on which version of go is most reliable with it? Is the current Go 4 is acceptable? I am using an Inspire 1. It is pretty frightening to lose touch so often around the dense trees and water I usually have to fly around!
2017-4-19
Use props
theohall
New

United States

Thank you!  These directions were perfect.  Will see if it solves my battery issue.
2017-4-24
Use props
E.T._Drone_Home
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99117 ft
United States

Vayreda Posted at 2017-4-15 14:11
@E.T._Drone_Home, Thanks a lot for this fanstastic manual how to downgrade. Works perfect

Glad I could help
2017-5-3
Use props
nX2unjzBz6WE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 371601 ft
Costa Rica

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-4-9 13:39
Hi E.T.,

after downgrading to Android 6.01 do you recommend updating the K1 firmware to 5.0.0, or is there a reason to keep 1.5.0?

So whats the advice, have the same question here, after downgrade what is the highest level of update to apply before it goes bad again.... anybody test latest versions to see if issue is corrected now?

Thanks to all
2017-5-7
Use props
fans50f1608b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37628 ft
Australia

hey guys,
after android update my setup has gone to $#@% .  

With my nvidia tab now i Keep getting warning about interference and message to calibrate compass which when i try it doesn't work,

plug in my s5 with android 6 and no problems at all apart from some screen glitching, no other warnings about calibration .

looks like im going to have to roll back shield tab.
2017-5-15
Use props
fans97eb6270
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2982 ft
Singapore

Great steps.
Now if more can be explain to "go back to square one with bootloader lock" would make this tutorial perfect.

Got my K1 to 6.01 and happy with the dji app now
2017-5-15
Use props
fans50f1608b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37628 ft
Australia

found this tutorial easier.  
2017-5-15
Use props
FMcNeely
lvl.1
Flight distance : 446329 ft
United States

*** THANK YOU! ***
I finally got so fed up with the crashing software that I bit the bullet and downgraded my OS according to your instructions. Now, my Phantom is working like a charm. For those who don't want to downgrade, try Litchi software. It has features that DJI does not.
2017-5-16
Use props
fans869e3202
lvl.1
Flight distance : 392641 ft
Austria

E.T._Drone_Home Posted at 2017-2-19 19:16
I was thinking of trying to revert back to Pre-Nougat 7.0 to verify. If I find the answer I'll post back and would appreciate the same if you find out how to roll back. Seems like there's always something going on with these. I usually know better than to update stuff when things are working good but I fell for this one. Lol

just updated to the new go 4 and it doesnt work anymore !!! keeps crashing all the time. i have android 7 on it. tried it on 2nd phone without android 6 and it works there!! WTF - DJI has not made it compatible for Android 7 ??? and i now i am stuck ? many here have the same issue  
2017-5-26
Use props
Philisamalo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 199465 ft
Thailand

Hello everyone.  Just confirming what Ive been reading here.  I got same issues, meaning disconnect and crashes as soon as I upgraded the K1 to Android 7 Nougat. After testing different settings on the tablet without any success I finally decided to revert to Android 6.0.1 - SHIELD Kernel version 3.10.67+ - SHIELD Software version 1.5 (24.3.70.8). Nvidia did a good job on their Website ( https://developer.nvidia.com/ ) to explain and offer all necessary software to achieve this.

And now, Nvidia Shield K1 + DJI Phantom 4 pro make a very trustful couple. I really enjoy flying without a glitch. I flew several times since and only enjoying.
2017-5-26
Use props
E.T._Drone_Home
lvl.3
United States

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-4-9 13:39
Hi E.T.,

All I know is 1.5.0 is what's working very well for me right now and I'm not willing to go testing. Lol
To be honest I haven't been able to fly much at all due to another project I've been on. Just now getting ready to start getting some air time.
2017-5-30
Use props
E.T._Drone_Home
lvl.3
United States

nX2unjzBz6WE Posted at 2017-5-7 05:49
So whats the advice, have the same question here, after downgrade what is the highest level of update to apply before it goes bad again.... anybody test latest versions to see if issue is corrected now?

Thanks to all

1.5.0 is what works flawlessly for me and I'm not willing to try another OS image as long as it's working great.
2017-5-30
Use props
E.T._Drone_Home
lvl.3
United States

fans869e3202 Posted at 2017-5-26 07:36
just updated to the new go 4 and it doesnt work anymore !!! keeps crashing all the time. i have android 7 on it. tried it on 2nd phone without android 6 and it works there!! WTF - DJI has not made it compatible for Android 7 ??? and i now i am stuck ? many here have the same issue

I know it's ridiculous! Now there's a new Go4 app and I haven't updated yet. I'm afraid to.
2017-5-30
Use props
Jabreu001
lvl.2
Flight distance : 371601 ft
Costa Rica

E.T._Drone_Home Posted at 2017-5-30 18:47
I know it's ridiculous! Now there's a new Go4 app and I haven't updated yet. I'm afraid to.

Hope someone tests soon if new version is stable with 6.01 and if now finally we can update to 7.0

Almost ready to go to ipad mini now that they are cheaper,
2017-6-17
Use props
fans4ef8509a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 981 ft

United States

Followed you post to a TEE..... But first I was unable to get ADB to see my device, but Finally got the 1.50 IMG file onto my K1. Now to find a way to prevent 7.0 N to upgrade.  Have not flown my P4 yet but I will in the next few days.

2017-7-4
Use props
HighCamera
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jabreu001 Posted at 2017-6-17 22:37
Hope someone tests soon if new version is stable with 6.01 and if now finally we can update to 7.0

Almost ready to go to ipad mini now that they are cheaper,

I'm running the most current versions of everything. I never downgraded the OS. It is better now than a few configs ago but I still get occasional app crash. Mostly after flying for a while and requesting some sort of camera activity like stopping video recording or switching to photo mode etc. Memory leak?
2017-7-5
Use props
CZFAN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 981 ft

United States

I did run into a problem due to my K1 updated to 7.0 N and tried to go back to 6.0.1 M.
My K1 kept rebooting itself and I was unable to use "E.T._Drone_Home " method So here is how I was able to get my K1 back to life.

How to wipe the Nvidia Shield K1’s cache

1. Shut the K1 down.
2. While pressing and holding the Volume Down key, press and release the Power key. This will put the K1 into fastboot mode with several options on the screen.
3. Using the Volume Down (or Volume Up if you missed it), scroll down to the Recovery mode option.
4. Press the Power key to select the Recovery mode option. The K1 will show the Nvidia boot logo and then a screen with an Android laying on its back and the the text no command below it.
5. While pressing and holding the Power button down, press and release Volume Up.
6. A Recovery mode screen will appear with Wipe cache as one of the options. Follow the instructions on the screen to select and engage it.

Supported API: 3
...Wiping cache...
Formatting /cache...will appear.Wiping (and formatting) the cache partition takes much longer on the K1 than it does on other devices, so be patient if nothing seems to be happening. When the above is complete, the Recovery mode screen will reappear.

7. Select the Reboot option to get back to Android.

2017-7-9
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

I tried to rollback to 1.5. Now most of the apps aren't working. Keep saying it closed. How do I do a complete erase and install the new OS?
2017-7-12
Use props
jctarvin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

scotchmizzed.. Posted at 2017-3-2 12:58
Just a wee update, can get it booting but still goes back to the screen.. Tried getting it to fastboot but no joy.. Post some screens to show what I mean..

And, that's why I'm leaving my K1 alone!!!
2017-7-17
Use props
jctarvin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

scotchmizzed.. Posted at 2017-3-2 12:58
Just a wee update, can get it booting but still goes back to the screen.. Tried getting it to fastboot but no joy.. Post some screens to show what I mean..

And, that's why I'm leaving my K1 alone!!!
2017-7-17
Use props
GeReg
lvl.1
Germany

Hallo,
Exactly the same problem I have with the Mavic Pro. It is the same APP DJI GO4.
For me, the firmware update Android 7.0 NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet software version 5.2 (24.29.404.153) has been installed via OTA and now I have the message "Aircraft Disconnected"
I also temporarily installed the version 1.5, only many apps ran incorrectly. So I flashed a new installation nv-recovery-sb-na-wf-5.2.0.zip with ADB.
Now my tablet is ok, just the error (Aircraft Disconnected) is still present in the DJI GO4 app.

What can I do ?

Excuse my bad english, it's the Google translater
2017-7-22
Use props
blackmennewstyl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3571004 ft
Thailand

Hi guys

I've seem a lot of you have troubles flashing firmware on the SHIELD K1 tablet and i want to help you especially those who have their tablets rebooting all time after the upgrade.

I noticed most of tutorial ommitted accidentally an important command in the procedure when updating which is deleting all datas on the tablet. If not, the tablet will reboot constantly because it still has old and new datas corrupting everything.

So the correct procedure for flashing should be this:

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot erase system -w

fastboot flash recoveryrecovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash staging blob

I put in red the missing command and i also share my video for having a successful flash from start to end, you should have definitely better result with procedure. In the video i flash with the NVIDIA SHIELD Recovery OS image version 1.3.0 which provides Android 6.0.1 and i have very good results with this firmware when using DJI Go 4 app version 4.1.3. No crash, range improved, definitely go for this firmware for your SHIELD.

How to Upgrade/Downgrade ANDROID OS on your NVIDIA SHIELD K1 tablet? FULL COMPLETE PROCEDURE

00:08 - 1) Download the NVIDIA SHIELD OS recovery image
01:42 - 2) Download the NVIDIA SHIELD USB drivers
02:28 - 3) Download the ANDROID SDK command line tool
03:28 - 4) Download the JAVA SE development kit
04:21 - 5) Install the JAVA SE development kit
05:31 - 6) Create and organize your SHIELD working directory folders
06:34 - 7) Extract the NVIDIA SHIELD OS recovery image
07:42 - 8) Extract the NVIDIA SHIELD USB drivers
08:22 - 9) Create and organize your ANDROID SDK working directory folders
08:48 - 10) Extract the ANDROID SDK command line tool
09:34 - 11) Install the latest ANDROID packages
10:51 - 12) Update the latest ANDROID packages
12:31 - 13) Copy the necessary files from the ANDROID SDK TO YOUR SHIELD OS recovery image
13:21 - 14) Unlock the Developer Mode on your NVIDIA SHIELD K1 TABLET
14:11 - 15) Enable USB DEBUGGING on your NVIDIA SHIELD K1 TABLET
14:45 - 16) Allow permanently USB DEBUGGING for your computer
15:14 - 17) Install the NVIDIA SHIELD Family drivers
17:15 - 18) Flash Recovery OS image - Step one: Reboot the tablet in bootloader mode
18:33 - 19) Flash Recovery OS image - Step two: Unlock the boatloader of your tablet
19:22 - 20) Flash Recovery OS image - Step three: Wipe all datas from your tablet
20:16 - 21) Flash Recovery OS image - Step four: Install the recovery OS image
22:21 - 22) Flash Recovery OS image - Step five: Exit the bootloader mode and reboot the tablet
2017-7-24
Use props
giorgos1966
lvl.4
Flight distance : 273757 ft

Greece

blackmennewstyl Posted at 2017-7-24 17:43
Hi guys

I've seem a lot of you have troubles flashing firmware on the SHIELD K1 tablet and i want to help you especially those who have their tablets rebooting all time after the upgrade.

I followed faithfully all the tips and editions for Nvidia Shield k1 ( 6.0.1 - 1.3.0 ) and DJI App Go 4 ( 4.1.3 ). Let me hope everything goes well.
2017-11-8
Use props
blackmennewstyl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3571004 ft
Thailand

giorgos1966 Posted at 2017-11-8 13:21
I followed faithfully all the tips and editions for Nvidia Shield k1 ( 6.0.1 - 1.3.0 ) and DJI App Go 4 ( 4.1.3 ). Let me hope everything goes well.

I'm still flying my P4, Nvidia SHIELD and DJI GO 4.1.3 without a glitch until today lol

Don't update to the latest DJI Go app versions, i don't know what DJI is doing but it looks like they put some bad crap on this version, the app will harass you with new NFZ and when ignore it, it won't let you fly! What the hell DJI!
2017-11-13
Use props
rolsch_p4p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46834 ft
Germany

K1 with latest Nougat 7.0 and DJI App = no Problems here.
2017-11-14
Use props
JamesWhenman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 426375 ft
United States

Hey ,
I read thru all these and noticed not one admin response yet. Maybe they know of and are waiting for engineering to scope it out ?
I'm glad cut and paste works as that is the only way to separate the fix post out of the rest of us in hear.
2017-11-14
Use props
giorgos1966
lvl.4
Flight distance : 273757 ft

Greece

Now I have a display problem video transmission lag maybe (photo) .Ι have  android tablet   6.0.1 and  v1.3  and DJI App Go 4  (v4.1.3). I changed 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz but there is the same problem. What else I need to change?

2017-11-26
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

blackmennewstyl Posted at 2017-11-13 18:55
I'm still flying my P4, Nvidia SHIELD and DJI GO 4.1.3 without a glitch until today lol

Don't update to the latest DJI Go app versions, i don't know what DJI is doing but it looks like they put some bad crap on this version, the app will harass you with new NFZ and when ignore it, it won't let you fly! What the hell DJI!

Hi,
My P4 RC is still on 1.6 firmware. Any good news of latest one? What's about video preview issue on Shield K1, fixed?
2018-1-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the p4p, I also have the Shield K1, i downgraded the fw on the Shield to android 6 with the Shield fw at 5, i have all the latest fw for the p4p and the latest app and it runs as smooth as a baby's butt, ps, i only use the tablet for flight, pps, now on the Tab S2, only because i got it for 70 gbp and the screen is bigger than the shield.
2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules