DNG files not consistently created
524 4 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jsantacroce
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10036 ft
United States

Have set to take both JPG and DNG Files. Sometimes it creates the DNG and sometimes it does not. Doesn't seem to matter if I use the quick release shutter or onscreen take a picture. I am set at 4k\60 for video so is there something, settings or otherwise, that would negate the DNG from being produced?

Thanks
2017-2-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Your video settings have no bearing on taking still shots. You are not expecting to be able to take stills while shooting video are you?
2017-2-18
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-18 21:41
Your video settings have no bearing on taking still shots. You are not expecting to be able to take stills while shooting video are you?

Actually I was. My regular video camera allows stills while filming depending on the video resolution. It warns if it cannot take stills because of the high video resolution.

So based on your question I am going to (or should I) assume the P4P+ cannot take stills while video is recording. If so, I can work around that, but I have yet to see that in any of the tutorials I have watched.

Thanks
2017-2-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jsantacroce@hvc Posted at 2017-2-18 21:55
Actually I was. My regular video camera allows stills while filming depending on the video resolution. It warns if it cannot take stills because of the high video resolution.

So based on your question I am going to (or should I) assume the P4P+ cannot take stills while video is recording. If so, I can work around that, but I have yet to see that in any of the tutorials I have watched.

Your regular video camera, if it allows stills to be shot while it is shooting video, most likely saves stills at the same resolution of the video system. The Phantom's system does not allow stills to be taken at the same time, and no camera I know of can switch from video mode to high-resolution stills mode during video shooting. You can always pull a still from the video, but it will not be near as good quality as a full-resolution still shot. Unfortunately there are many things not covered in the manual or the tutorials, this is just one.
2017-2-19
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-19 00:11
Your regular video camera, if it allows stills to be shot while it is shooting video, most likely saves stills at the same resolution of the video system. The Phantom's system does not allow stills to be taken at the same time, and no camera I know of can switch from video mode to high-resolution stills mode during video shooting. You can always pull a still from the video, but it will not be near as good quality as a full-resolution still shot. Unfortunately there are many things not covered in the manual or the tutorials, this is just one.

Thanks for the info. I can certainly work around that and am happy to know this is not an issue.

Joe..
2017-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules