Jerky video feed
605 5 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cutaway
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942835 ft
United States

Hello, I frequently see jerky video feed even though the signal is strong.  The actual video footage from Mavic is smooth.   Is this a known issue?  Anyway to fix it?  Reset it? My firmware is the latest. Thanks in advance.

2017-2-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Was it very windy, only I seen wind warnings on your screen, also there could be a lot of interference in that area, maybe try it in some open space to see if you are getting same results..
2017-2-18
Use props
Serc.
lvl.2
Germany

What Device are you using to watch the live Feed on?

I wouldnt consider ist as Jerky as its just lagging a Little  Bit and this can be due to Low Performance of the Device.

If u use Android, Go in Developer settings in your Device and enable "Force GPU Rendering" and "USB Debugging".
That might help, and also shut down any other process/App on your Phone and Clean the RAM before opening DJI Go App and flying.
2017-2-18
Use props
Cutaway
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-18 23:54
Was it very windy, only I seen wind warnings on your screen, also there could be a lot of interference in that area, maybe try it in some open space to see if you are getting same results..

Thanks for your response.  The wind was not too bad.  Maybe 10 mph?  Definitely not gusting.  The Mavic seems more "conservative" about the wind since the latest firmware update.

I've seen the same lag in a wide open part.   I'm suspicious that my iPhone 5S may not have the processing power.  I do close all the apps and put the phone on "do not disturb."
2017-2-19
Use props
Cutaway
lvl.3
United States

Serc. Posted at 2017-2-18 23:55
What Device are you using to watch the live Feed on?

I wouldnt consider ist as Jerky as its just lagging a Little  Bit and this can be due to Low Performance of the Device.

Good suggestion about the device being the culprit.  I'm using iPhone 5S.   I'll borrow my kids' Google Pixel and iPhone 6S to test out your theory.  Cheers.
2017-2-19
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cutaway Posted at 2017-2-19 19:18
Good suggestion about the device being the culprit.  I'm using iPhone 5S.   I'll borrow my kids' Google Pixel and iPhone 6S to test out your theory.  Cheers.

Definitely try IPHONE 6 or faster and force close all apps and maksure you have enough space on the device. Let us know!
2017-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules