854 6 2017-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZS1SSM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 123146 ft
South Africa

Good day everyone.

I am a new drone flyer and understand about the no fly zones .
I live in South Africa and in our town there are sometimes helicopters flying as low as 40meter over my house and around town --Recreational-
There is no airfield or airport near to me and the nearest airfield (abandonded) is about 20km from me-
OR Tambo international airport is about 100km as well.
I do listen on the air frequencies for air traffic but none here were I live
Looks like some rich smallholding owners taking customers for a sight seeing tour.

Everyone these day are up in arms about "invasion of privacy" when using drones, but is this legal ?

Vanderbijlpark
Gauteng
South Africa

2017-2-19
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

Howdy from USA....If I were you I would check in the regional page of this forum and look for folks in your area and ask them.
Go to top of forum page and click regional, scroll down and look for town or state that applys to you....
Hope this helps   
2017-2-19
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Check your rules, and maybe call the closest airport for more information. You can also get apps like B4UFLY and AirMap.
2017-2-19
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

Generally aircraft are restricted to no lower than 600ft  altitude, which rather makes sense when we are restricted to 400ft max.  Then there is 200ft vertical separation.
However there are people who fly their drones at 5000ft and light aircraft who fly lower than 600.  So, one day.......  And guess who will be to blame???
2017-2-19
Use props
ZS1SSM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 123146 ft
South Africa

Up to today I could not get any clear information about flying my drone in the same airspace as the recreational helicopters here in my area---Anyone here in South Africa that can assist---It can not be that hard to get information
2017-3-4
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

ZS1SSM Posted at 2017-3-4 13:30
Up to today I could not get any clear information about flying my drone in the same airspace as the recreational helicopters here in my area---Anyone here in South Africa that can assist---It can not be that hard to get information

You should be searching on local sites within your country. Here in the US it's the FAA. You need to find out who's in charge over there.
Like this: http://bfy.tw/ARTo
2017-3-4
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Rules are different in EVERY country. So be sure to check local regulations, and get into local forums or discussion groups to find the latest info.
2017-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules