United Kingdom

Using Cinematic Mode and NOT Crashing

2017-2-19
Use props
Zamboon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1332844 ft
Zambia

Thanks Dillon please keep the testing up. My mavic is in cinematic mode all the time after reading positive comments about the quality of the pictures but had no idea as to the consequences. Good one!
2017-2-19
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Does invoking cinematic mode over-ride flight characteristics across the board? If you have already set up flight characteristics to your liking, does cinematic mode make adjustments relative to your own set up or does it over-ride all settings with its own?
2017-2-19
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

rick39 Posted at 2017-2-19 04:06
Does invoking cinematic mode over-ride flight characteristics across the board? If you have already set up flight characteristics to your liking, does cinematic mode make adjustments relative to your own set up or does it over-ride all settings with its own?

it obviously does .............. (as all other modes do)
2017-2-19
Use props
ClancyO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 296053 ft
United States

Wow perfect timing for this video.  I just crashed my Mavic into a tree and in part because I didn't take into account this delayed response.   It was my first time trying cinematic mode, and like a bone head I went straight at a tree.
2017-2-19
Use props
RearViewMirror
lvl.3
United States

I usually reserve cinematic mode for higher elevations where obstacles (generally) aren't an issue.  When flying in tighter spaces closer to the ground I'll switch to tripod mode for slower movement and better reaction time since the craft is moving much slower. Very good video and great tips for any pilot.
2017-2-19
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

I just flew with 4.0  Other then the reaction of the controls (slower) I see very little difference between cinematic and tripod. True?
2017-2-19
Use props
DesertDave
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55807 ft
United States

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. You likely saved a lot of us from pinging off a tree.
2017-2-19
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

Good info in that video, but I had to turn the sound off and watch with CC...cant stand that guys voice
2017-2-19
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

Very good instructional video. Fun and informative. Well done.
2017-2-19
Use props
Citation
lvl.3
Flight distance : 134908 ft
United States

Excellent information and timely
2017-2-19
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Belgium

Need to watch this...following.
2017-2-19
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-2-19 06:43
it obviously does .............. (as all other modes do)

Obviously I have a problem that's not obvious to you then. The reason why I posed the question was to try and fault find a problem my Mavic has developed. It wont go forward faster than 3 or 4 miles an hour in normal mode, despite calibrating the IMU, compass and controller. This includes checking that exp, gain and other settings are set as they should be for the mavic and it's gimbal. The only mode that works properly is sport mode. This happened after the latest firmware update and flying in tripod mode. The speed it goes forward is slightly greater than tripod mode but not by much. I tried cinematic mode too, to see if that would cure the problem but it didn't, hence my question.
2017-2-19
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

rick39 Posted at 2017-2-19 23:14
Obviously I have a problem that's not obvious to you then. The reason why I posed the question was to try and fault find a problem my Mavic has developed. It wont go forward faster than 3 or 4 miles an hour in normal mode, despite calibrating the IMU, compass and controller. This includes checking that exp, gain and other settings are set as they should be for the mavic and it's gimbal. The only mode that works properly is sport mode. This happened after the latest firmware update and flying in tripod mode. The speed it goes forward is slightly greater than tripod mode but not by much. I tried cinematic mode too, to see if that would cure the problem but it didn't, hence my question.

Ah, I see, maybe by a bug in DJI GO 4 all settings were changed permanently ? Did You check in settings the parameters set for normal flying in P-mode for Mavic and RC when You fire up RC and MP ? Are they normal or reduced ?
2017-2-20
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-2-20 00:13
Ah, I see, maybe by a bug in DJI GO 4 all settings were changed permanently ? Did You check in settings the parameters set for normal flying in P-mode for Mavic and RC when You fire up RC and MP ? Are they normal or reduced ?

Thanks for the reply Angelo. I don't want to go off topic with this OP thread so have started a new one specific to my problem. Thanks again though.
2017-2-20
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

Thank you. Great show!
2017-2-21
Use props
JZdrone
New
Poland

I really want to use the Cinematic Mode but when I try to turn it on I get an error 'INVALID IOC'

Doesn't anyone know what to do?

Thanks
2017-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules