4405 15 2017-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Air Claassen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71772 ft
United States

Hello,

I just bought this P4P and I'm sad to inform you that from the very first flight, the message "Gimbal Motor Overloaded" pops up. Absolutely no crashes or hard landings in this case. I did a cold IMU reset on this bird twice, did all the calibrations that are possible, but unfortunately.. also the gimbal points a bit to the left, doesn't look straight forward.

In flight, the gimbal is shaky, now and then it just stops and everything goes to normal. You can see the image issues in the next movie. From takeoff, the gimball is shaking, then after 1:15 it stops until I activate some automatic features(like active track) on minute 13:00. https://goo.gl/photos/zaLi7WnixdamLABJ9

I find this rather disappointing, can anybody give me some advise? Did all the calibrations, the latest firmware is installed.. it seems like a hardware issue in this case?
I included two pictures; one of the gimbal looking a bit left, the other a screenshot of the error.

Thank you in advance

Christophe

IMAG1543.jpg
Screenshot_20170219-112640.png
2017-2-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I would call DJI.
2017-2-19
Use props
Air Claassen
lvl.1
United States

Kind of frustrating, regarding the fact that I will attent flight school in one month, so the chance of sending it to DJI and have it back in that time is impossible.. and off course that the error is from the unboxing.. #FAIL
2017-2-19
Use props
Air Claassen
lvl.1
United States

Hereby a video of the Gimbal not centering at all
https://goo.gl/photos/hzHwWf4FfUYZH73B6
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

I do suggest you to send it in, very sorry for the trouble caused.
Please feel free to contact our tech support here to create a case number: http://www.dji.com/support/product
2017-2-20
Use props
Air Claassen
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-20 00:20
I do suggest you to send it in, very sorry for the trouble caused.
Please feel free to contact our tech support here to create a case number: http://www.dji.com/support/product

Ok, will do. A bit hard to accept but hey...
2017-2-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Air Claassen Posted at 2017-2-20 01:08
Ok, will do. A bit hard to accept but hey...

I do understand your feelings, very sorry about that.
2017-2-21
Use props
Air Claassen
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-21 01:45
I do understand your feelings, very sorry about that.

Update:

Will send bird in for swap. Thumbs up for the communication and good service by DJI.
2017-2-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Air Claassen Posted at 2017-2-21 02:31
Update:

Will send bird in for swap. Thumbs up for the communication and good service by DJI.

Thank you so much for your supporting.
Please feel free to contact us for any further questions, we'd love to help.
2017-2-21
Use props
墨老爷子
DJI R&D Squad

China

it seems the yaw motor is not working, the only option is to exchange a new one... sorry for that....
2017-2-23
Use props
墨老爷子
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

it seems the yaw motor is not working, the only option is to exchange a new one... sorry for that....
2017-2-23
Use props
colorred
New

Nigeria

I am having this same issue, I just got p4p and then brought it to Nigeria after about 8 brief flights, I am having the issue of Gimbal overloaded , I am not happy about this as I am miles away from a care dji centre , what can I do.

I am so depressed
2017-2-23
Use props
Air Claassen
lvl.1
Belgium

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-2-23
Use props
Air Claassen
lvl.1
United States

@ dJI Natalia.
More than 10 days later, still no replacement and they told me it would be 2-8 days after arrival in repair service. Needless to say I'm very disappointed. I've communicated more than often that I need this drone for my company. I feel like I'm being punished that I did not subscribe for DJI Care refresh. If you don't have a good tested and finished product, you should not release it and certainly not sell it as a pro and premium product. And if you do sell it to users like me, who use it to make a living, you should take immediate action and make yourselves owner of my problem. I paid a lot of money for a (from the start) not working product. All I got in replace are bad English speaking people and standard textbook responses.
2017-3-3
Use props
fans56671a15
New
United States

Air Claassen Posted at 2017-3-3 02:52
@ dJI Natalia.
More than 10 days later, still no replacement and they told me it would be 2-8 days after arrival in repair service. Needless to say I'm very disappointed. I've communicated more than often that I need this drone for my company. I feel like I'm being punished that I did not subscribe for DJI Care refresh. If you don't have a good tested and finished product, you should not release it and certainly not sell it as a pro and premium product. And if you do sell it to users like me, who use it to make a living, you should take immediate action and make yourselves owner of my problem. I paid a lot of money for a (from the start) not working product. All I got in replace are bad English speaking people and standard textbook responses.

Been there Air Claassen, and I am still there. Sent mine in for a replacement 3 weeks ago, paid for the replacement 2 weeks ago and here I am, still sitting without a replacement. Standard emails come through every few days. I paid for the DJI Care/Refresh and I might as well have just lit that money on fire.

5/18/2017 - Received by DJI
5/19/2017 - Damage Assessed
5/22/2017 - Payment Received (which is wrong, payment was made the same day the damage was assessed)
5/24/2017 - Replaced
5/24/2017 - XXXXX has been repaired. Please visit our Repair Progress Inquiry website or use the DJI GO App to view the repair progress. Your unit will be shipped out to the following address within three business days.
5/31/2017 - Your Phantom 4 Pro has been tested and will be shipped within two business days.
6/1/2017 - Email from a CSR ""Thank you for contacting DJI Support.
With regards to your concern, we are sorry for the delay because our facility are handling many repair and replacement cases. Upon checking your case the status is already quality assessed. No worry, you will received email about the shipment details once your unit is already been shipped out."
6/5/2017 - Still nothing
2017-6-4
Use props
csmoak 6
New
United States

I'm having the same issue and mine is two months old.  Already got the shipping label and case number to send mine back.   Worked fine for two months and it was awesome lol.  Hate to have to send it back but it is what it is I guess.   My camera shakes like crazy !
2017-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules