why I can't use dji 3.1.1 on my nexus 5x with mavic?
1892 9 2017-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyingasd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31089 ft
Italy

I tried DJI GO 4 for several times on my Nexus 5x and it's unstable, laggy and buggy especially when i'm using intelligent mode.

Then @dji mindy said me to use DJI 3.1.1 and everythings changed. Stable stream video, no app crash, no problem with intelligent mode...

BUT NOW....

I can't use DJI 3.1.1 (with 3.1.3 Mavic isn't supported) because of a prompt "you must update app".

I DON'T WANT TO UPDATE APP BECAUSE I CAN'T USE MY MAVIC!!!

Today i was really near to lost my MAVIC!!! I was in track mode, app crashed and mavic stuck in the air. I tried to pause the intelligent mode but i couldn't, i tried to landing mavic, but i couldn't... so i tried to go out from mavic's visual, mavic lost tracking and i landed my drone... i was in panic because no home point was recorded (i couldn't see any H symbol in map when app re-opened).

PLEASE, let me use old 3.1.1, i want to use my mavic!

Airplane mode doesn't work to avoid the pop-up with the update tips, and delete some app folders works but app become unstable.

PLEASE, bring me back my 3.1.1 app without prompt for update! DJI GO 4 app was really dangerous with nexus 5x.

TIA,
flyingasd
2017-2-19
Use props
flyingasd
lvl.3
Italy

I've just bought LITCHI...

thanks DJI *sarcasm mode on*
2017-2-20
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Today i got the *update or pack your stuff* message too.

Well it didnt take long to have the app crash (1st time ever in 46 flights) so now i feel peaved at having this forced upon us.
DJI WTF are you doing???

Give us back the option of using a proven stable app. Slowly but surely losing confidence in this AC which is taking away the fun of flying it.

2017-2-20
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

flyingasd Posted at 2017-2-20 05:36
I've just bought LITCHI...

thanks DJI *sarcasm mode on*

Please let us know how it goes for you.
What is the cost?

Does it void warranty?

2017-2-20
Use props
flyingasd
lvl.3
Italy

for the first time i was able to enjoy my 3 batteries on mavic.
no crash, no problem at all.
responsive, light with a clean and simply interface.

thanks LITCHI and what a shame for DJI!
2017-2-27
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

i use my 5x with dji go 4 its not perfect it freezes and crashes sometimes but i still use it cause it works the majority of the time. ive been afraid to use litchi is it really flawless on the 5x?
2017-2-27
Use props
flyingasd
lvl.3
Italy

boostedford Posted at 2017-2-27 20:35
i use my 5x with dji go 4 its not perfect it freezes and crashes sometimes but i still use it cause it works the majority of the time. ive been afraid to use litchi is it really flawless on the 5x?

i've a stock nexus 5x, with 1,4GB of memory used (1,2 after reboot), last updated installed.
but my dji go app 4 with my mavic pro always crash. Maybe everything goes fine for a few minutes, then starts lagging and crash.

with litchi i don't have any problem, in settings -> memory you can see it uses less memory and processor than DJI GO.
2017-2-28
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

i may have to try it, thanks. ive been to afraid to try it afraid of something malfunctioning while using litchi
2017-2-28
Use props
nhoover
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3458045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes Go4 (every version) has been terrible since the beginning for me with my Mavic (received it 10/31/2016). That's on Nexus 5x and Nexus 9 both on Android 7.1.1. I have been flying with Litchi which works great but doesn't support modes like Tripod and ActiveTrack. So I revived my son's old Samsung S5 which he no longer uses and it works great with Go 4. It may have crashed once but compared to basically being unflyable on the Nexus devices, it's night and day.

It's been months - come on DJI, get it together. I actually recommended iOS to a guy who was wondering which to buy - amazing.
2017-2-28
Use props
flyingasd
lvl.3
Italy

nhoover Posted at 2017-2-28 12:52
Yes Go4 (every version) has been terrible since the beginning for me with my Mavic (received it 10/31/2016). That's on Nexus 5x and Nexus 9 both on Android 7.1.1. I have been flying with Litchi which works great but doesn't support modes like Tripod and ActiveTrack. So I revived my son's old Samsung S5 which he no longer uses and it works great with Go 4. It may have crashed once but compared to basically being unflyable on the Nexus devices, it's night and day.

It's been months - come on DJI, get it together. I actually recommended iOS to a guy who was wondering which to buy - amazing.

Yes, some intelligent mode aren't available. But there is a wonderful waypoint mode better than DJI ones.
I miss tripod mode and cinematic mode too
2017-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules