1234Next >
12223 121 2017-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

I have the Droid Turbo 2 and after it did the update to Android 7.0 it crashes now seems to be when I go to take a picture it will freeze and crash in the back round a running Android Launcher 3 will be running every time it crashes.  But when it works the Launcher is not an active process not sure if there is a connection there with it
2017-3-6
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

After only 4 hrs flight time I have never had the DJIGO4 APP crash , never had a problem updating its 100% rock solid !!  I'm using a Samsung s7 . I just love my Mavic
2017-3-6
Use props
fans235f292f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1483192 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello Support, can you look into why the latest Android version of the Go 4 App just released March 3, 2017 version 4.04.
After about five minutes running on my Nvidia shield K-1 the go 4 app crashes. It seems to be related to recording at the same time all the telemetry data is being sent to the controller. I have several Nvidia shield K-1 systems I would like to use the go app on but right now all I can use is the Apple iPad Mini.
I am using android seven on the Nvidia shield K-1 in the latest DJI go 4 app on my Mavic and phantom pro. I know the Nvidia shield K-1 is not listed as your supported hardware but I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and see if there's anyway to resolve the app from crashing.

Thank you for your help and best regards,

Steve
2017-3-6
Use props
*Knowledge*
New

United States

Hi everyone! New mavic owner here with an Android Samsung S7 Edge and I have not yet taken flight. I am extremely concerned with launching this drone in the air and having problems with the app. Am I being too cautious or should I go ahead and try little bits at a time in an open field? This is my first drone and first experience with a drone.
2017-3-7
Use props
fans1541e344
New
Flight distance : 157444 ft
Netherlands

Hi, my DJI Go4 App doesn't crash, but I have another problem. I use a Samsung Note3 and after installing the app the battery life is very short. When I charged my phone in the morning at 07.00 hours for 100%, at the end of the same day at 17.00 hours my battery level is 5%, while I didn't use my Phone. I didn't put on my Phone the whole day. My Phone tells my that the DJI Go4 App used 42% of my battery while I didn't used it at all. So every time after flying I have to uninstall the app and when I want to fly I have to install it. Very annoying, because every time I have to set the parameters. Are there more pilots expericing this problem?
2017-3-7
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

may have found something. Take a look when you are flying and how far the distance from controller location is on the bottom right mine said like 60,000 feet away from the controller  home point ( you might want to use the map to double check but it will be a blue circle on the map if you zoom out ) and I was unable to update the controller home point from the app. I removed the GPS permissions under the gps settings on the phone and re allowed and the app didn't crash the rest of the flight the best I could do before was 4-5 min before it would crash and I was able to get 15 min after doing this no crash ....
2017-3-9
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

just an update my theory was wrong it crashed again this morning i had device " controller " lock blue dot at the point from where I took off flew fine and started buffering and crashed came back up on its own and the mavic position was correct but the device "controller " position was over a mile off and never changed stayed red .. Droid Turbo 2 on Android 7.0 .... going to use another phone with older version of Android to confirm its a combination of Android 7. whatever and the new DJI 4 app update
2017-3-9
Use props
Faso
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206831 ft
United States

*Knowledge* Posted at 2017-3-7 12:13
Hi everyone! New mavic owner here with an Android Samsung S7 Edge and I have not yet taken flight. I am extremely concerned with launching this drone in the air and having problems with the app. Am I being too cautious or should I go ahead and try little bits at a time in an open field? This is my first drone and first experience with a drone.

Take a flight. You will be fine, especially in beginner mode. If the APP DOES crash, just reopen it. Worst case scenario the app crashes and you can't get it working again(which would be odd). In that case you just hold the RTH button and the drone will fly back to you. You can control it on the way down while it is returning to home...

You are definitely being over cautious... Good luck!
2017-3-9
Use props
*Knowledge*
New

United States

Faso Posted at 2017-3-9 09:09
Take a flight. You will be fine, especially in beginner mode. If the APP DOES crash, just reopen it. Worst case scenario the app crashes and you can't get it working again(which would be odd). In that case you just hold the RTH button and the drone will fly back to you. You can control it on the way down while it is returning to home...

You are definitely being over cautious... Good luck!

Thanks for the bit of reassurance. So I began the start up process and with it being my first time the app is constantly freezing on the 3rd page. Its the page that shows all the controls on the screen of the remote. I can't click 'Next' or the <-- back. I have to force close the app. Failed 4 times.

Any suggestions?
2017-3-9
Use props
TAS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 714803 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-20 00:41
If DJI GO 4 crashes on your android device, then please export the crash log for us, you can find it here: /sdcard/DJIdji.go.v4/LOG/CRASH
If you use an iOS device, please connect your device to a PC with iTunes installed and find the crash log.
Then upload it to dropbox and post link here, I will transfer all files to our engineers for evaluation, thank you all very much.

Hi Natalie, can you explain how to export the crash log?  I know where on my Android device it is. Not sure how to 'export, it to you guys. Thanks  for your help.
2017-3-11
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

I'm thinking it's Android 7 and later that are causing issues

I've downgraded firmware
I've installed DJI go 3  still crashes
Uninstall DJI go 4 twice and sub folders on phone still crashes
Even factory reset my phone in a last attempt still crashes
Tired just about every developer option with in reason still crashes

I notice you lose all flight data from the flight that when the app crashes and picks up where you open it back up
I've flown over 50 consecutive flights THE APP ALWSYS CRASHES AFTER 4 TO 5 MIN OF FLIGHT EVERY TIME

Before the last update it never cashed one not once in over 200 flights

I went back flights March 2nd and before no issues long fights full data
All the flights after are 4-6 min incomplete data
Not to mention GPS of the controller is not even close and can't be updated one time it was over 20 miles away the map said

This is a complete joke if anything let us revert the app back to the previous version
2017-3-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

TAS Posted at 2017-3-11 10:31
Hi Natalie, can you explain how to export the crash log?  I know where on my Android device it is. Not sure how to 'export, it to you guys. Thanks  for your help.

Please connect your mobile device to your PC and copy the file then save it on your PC. You can send an e-mail to support@dji.com and tell me the ticket number, I'll help you follow up it.
2017-3-11
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

My phone just auto updated DJI GO 4 to 4.0.5 on Android not sure if that's good news or bad using Droid Turbo 2 with Nougat 7.0
2017-3-14
Use props
Onedutch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 418442 ft
Netherlands

Same Problem also random crashes on a Android nougat device.
2017-3-14
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

Silverado101980 Posted at 2017-3-14 10:58
My phone just auto updated DJI GO 4 to 4.0.5 on Android not sure if that's good news or bad using Droid Turbo 2 with Nougat 7.0

They implemented a new GO4 version, we will have to see if it is friendlier to Nougat.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-14
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just grabbed today's update for DJI Go 4 and will test over the weekend with both Galaxy Note 3 and S7 Edge (Nougat). Hopefully, it's working better.
2017-3-14
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

bunny too Posted at 2017-3-14 15:12
They implemented a new GO4 version, we will have to see if it is friendlier to Nougat.
Regards,
-d.

It went better but the app have out at the end so 16 min or so and the 2nd battery I had a glitch or something right after takeoff it disconnected and I had dead stick every thing froze controller and app maybe 5 min went by hovering and the controller reset and it flew with out a probem
2017-3-14
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

Silverado101980 Posted at 2017-3-14 17:53
It went better but the app have out at the end so 16 min or so and the 2nd battery I had a glitch or something right after takeoff it disconnected and I had dead stick every thing froze controller and app maybe 5 min went by hovering and the controller reset and it flew with out a probem

Just hovering huh? Must have been a tense couple of minutes.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-14
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

bunny too Posted at 2017-3-14 18:09
Just hovering huh? Must have been a tense couple of minutes.
Regards,
-d.

Yeah when it was in my driveway 4 feet from a chain link fence on one side 5 feet from my house on the other and 10 feet ahead from a tree ..  
2017-3-14
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

Howdy all, has anyone seen any improvement with the update that dropped yesterday (3.14) regarding android nougat and the Shield specifically?  It has been too windy outside for me to test anything.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-15
Use props
curtismyhero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47667 ft
United States

Wanted to jump in really fast and say that I recently updated to .500 for the Mavic FW, and newest DJI Go 4 app on android, and experienced multiple crashes.  My 'hunch' on this could actually be more related to the doze feature within android 7.0 instead of DJI.. I'll try to do some more testing on this to see if this is the case.
2017-3-15
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

I've found that in the battery optimization you can do and turn that off be default it will be turned on that has helped with the crashing but not exactly sure why other than like your sating some doze feature
2017-3-15
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-22 13:16
These are the DJI recommended devices.
Can you try one of them and see if the app crashes.

How much longer do they need to test the Samsung s7 my GOD!
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bintryin Posted at 2017-3-17 13:02
How much longer do they need to test the Samsung s7 my GOD!

Go on a Samsung forum and ask them. It has nothing to do with DJI.
2017-3-17
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-17 13:06
Go on a Samsung forum and ask them. It has nothing to do with DJI.

Hmm OK I will look into that. Thanks
2017-3-17
Use props
gburns53
lvl.1
United States

Also experiencing DJI app crashing with Turbo 2. Not sure if it began with the DJI battery update or Android updates.
2017-5-13
Use props
dankar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10499 ft

United States

geez  im having same problem.  wondering if i should have  got a different brand copter.  didnt have this much problem with the toy drones
2017-5-16
Use props
ilan_l
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85978 ft
Israel

dankar Posted at 2017-5-16 16:43
geez  im having same problem.  wondering if i should have  got a different brand copter.  didnt have this much problem with the toy drones

after last dji app update,
my app crash all the time ,
screen is freezing and the app close.
i have ipad(MP2E2LL/A) / latest ios 11.
mavic.
until he last update everything was great
2017-12-10
Use props
DJISpecial
New
Australia

HI, Can someone help me.

I am trying to install DJI GO on my phone Huawei Mate 8, Android 7 and having problems. When I go on google play store and click install, it always fails to install. It seems that it is incompatible.

Is there a way around installing it. Can someone help me?
2018-1-19
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

DJISpecial Posted at 2018-1-19 04:44
HI, Can someone help me.

I am trying to install DJI GO on my phone Huawei Mate 8, Android 7 and having problems. When I go on google play store and click install, it always fails to install. It seems that it is incompatible.

Please start a new thread.
You will have much more success.
2018-1-19
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

DJISpecial Posted at 2018-1-19 04:44
HI, Can someone help me.

I am trying to install DJI GO on my phone Huawei Mate 8, Android 7 and having problems. When I go on google play store and click install, it always fails to install. It seems that it is incompatible.

Do you have a good internet connection? It's a large download.
2018-1-19
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

fans565183da Posted at 2017-2-20 17:22
I'm using a Pixel as well - There should be a folder called 'LOG' located at: /internal memory/DJI/DJI.GO.V4/LOG

In there will be the crash txt files. The more crash logs that DJI get to see the better

Google pixel here too. Crashes at least once a flight
2018-1-19
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

I have been reporting this problem since November. I have tried everything. Replacing the USB cable to the highest quality. Uninstall and reinstall everything. Clear 100% of cache before every flight. Doesn't matter, the app crashes several time a flight and has now made my drone worthless. I live in the mountains with nothing but open space to fly, however with the app crashing I never take the drone more than a few thousand feet away, making my drone experience worthless for the most part. Really blows that DJI will sell drones at a good price, but having to upgrade to a more expensive phone than the drone isn't ok. I am considering selling my drone, as I have waited for 3 months now for a fix, and nothing is happening. Really sucks.
2018-1-19
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Also why does my Flight distance never update? I sink after every flight...........
2018-1-19
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2018-1-19 05:39
I have been reporting this problem since November. I have tried everything. Replacing the USB cable to the highest quality. Uninstall and reinstall everything. Clear 100% of cache before every flight. Doesn't matter, the app crashes several time a flight and has now made my drone worthless. I live in the mountains with nothing but open space to fly, however with the app crashing I never take the drone more than a few thousand feet away, making my drone experience worthless for the most part. Really blows that DJI will sell drones at a good price, but having to upgrade to a more expensive phone than the drone isn't ok. I am considering selling my drone, as I have waited for 3 months now for a fix, and nothing is happening. Really sucks.

Did you decide against using Litchi? That's the only good alternative I know of to using a device that's supported by Go.

Also why does my Flight distance never update? I sink after every flight......

I seem to recall noticing that it sometimes takes a few minutes for the additional flights to be included in the flight distance, but if yours never updates you might try logging off the forum and then back on again.
2018-1-19
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Recently has this problem that the app kept crashing. Decided to see if copter needed an update? nope all checked out fine...guess what it was? I needed to update the iPhone. It was requesting an update that I'd ignored. Upon completing the update, the Go4 app worked perfectly.
2018-1-19
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

For Android I'd recommend anyone to get a dedicated device wipe it clean and install the minimum of other apps on it.
2018-1-19
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2018-1-19 06:05
Did you decide against using Litchi? That's the only good alternative I know of to using a device that's supported by Go.

Also why does my Flight distance never update? I sink after every flight......

The reason I don't use Litchi is it voids the refresh warranty if crashed. Seems silly that the app that actually works voids your warranty, but here we are.
2018-1-20
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Also, my distance doesn't update even if I log out. I even tried to delete my app on my phone, then reinstall and update. No luck. I have had about 10 -20 flights since the sight has updated my flight distance, and after every three flights I sync the data. No idea why my drone is so glitchy, but it ruins my experience.
2018-1-20
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Bulldog Posted at 2018-1-20 03:54
The reason I don't use Litchi is it voids the refresh warranty if crashed. Seems silly that the app that actually works voids your warranty, but here we are.

@Bulldog please direct me to where this is stated?
2018-1-21
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules