3289 10 2017-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans60b99ede
lvl.1
Flight distance : 245702 ft
Czechia

Hi,
I experience frequent disconnect while flying Mavic. It disconnect not only mobile phone but also controller. It turns drone to safe autolanding mode.
Good message autolanding works good...
I installed latest SW 2 days ago. I expected it will resolve the problem but not. I have the probem since beginning, since I purchased it.

Samsung S7 Edge (I also tried Iphone6 Plus)
APP 4.0.2
Version 01.03.0400
remote controller 01.03.0400

The behavior is following
1. turn on controller with connected phone
2. start app go4
3. turn on mavic
4. status OK all fine
5. take off and fly
6.during 2minutes screen disconnected and controller can not control mavic the controller screen does looks lit it is connected
the drone goes to go home mode automaticall. As mavic is approaching it usually reconnect and I can land manually.
It happened in very short distance like 10m far and 30m high or further. I can demo it anytime.

I suspected the battery but I tried different batteries and all same behavior.
The problem always happened with first flight within few minutes.
I tried different locations to avoid disturbances of potential magnetic or radio interferences but it behaves the same everytime..

I can provide all flights logs if needed.
It says: downling data conn lost

Flight log looks like this.

Flight time        Altitude        Home Distance        Type        Notification
A        00m 00s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Motors_Started
B        00m 01s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Mode        Mode changed to AutoTakeoff
C        00m 01s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Tip        Taking off
D        00m 02s        0.3 ft        0 ft        Tip        Home Point Recorded, Return-to-Home Altitude:30M
E        00m 03s        3.6 ft        1 ft        Mode        Mode changed to GPS_Atti
F        01m 02s        163.4 ft        137 ft        Warning        Large Wind Velocity. Fly with caution.
G        03m 43s        176.5 ft        136 ft        Data Loss        Downlink data connection lost for 16.3 seconds
H        04m 14s        70.9 ft        51 ft        Warning        Video cache has stopped because there is not enough storage space.
I        07m 28s        99.4 ft        2 ft        Data Loss        Downlink data connection lost for 32.3 seconds
J        07m 28s        99.4 ft        2 ft        Mode        Mode changed to AutoLanding
K        07m 29s        93.5 ft        2 ft        Warning        Signal Lost. Aircraft Returning Home
L        07m 29s        89.9 ft        2 ft        Tip        Precision Landing__Rectifying aircraft position
M        07m 31s        81.4 ft        2 ft        Tip        Precision Landing__Rectifying aircraft position
N        07m 32s        76.8 ft        2 ft        Tip        Precision Landing__Rectifying aircraft position
O        07m 33s        71.5 ft        1 ft        Tip        Precision Landing__Rectifying aircraft position
P        07m 34s        63.6 ft        1 ft        Tip        Precision Landing__Rectifying aircraft position
Q        07m 37s        49.5 ft        0 ft        Tip        Precision Landing__Rectifying aircraft position
R        07m 39s        42.0 ft        1 ft        Tip        Precision Landing__Rectifying aircraft position
S        07m 44s        30.8 ft        1 ft        Mode        Mode changed to GPS_Atti
T        09m 10s        109.9 ft        220 ft        Data Loss        Downlink data connection lost for 6.5 seconds

Please can u give me advice how to process this issue?

Thank you for help..

2017-2-19
Use props
fans60b99ede
lvl.1
Czechia

FLight logs are

https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... 5332648a7c7a6d52e5f
or
https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... ENERALNotifications
2017-2-19
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I had the same issue, it was solved by putting my phone in Airplane mode when flying
2017-2-19
Use props
Getaway Moto
New

United States

I am having the same issue with my Google Pixel XL. Will try the airplane mode and report back.
2017-2-19
Use props
BREW69
New
Flight distance : 435614 ft
United Kingdom

I've had this, scared the s**t out of me. Received Mavic on 16th Feb. My first flight was indoor and was fine (Had return to home turned to hover). Later that day took it to local field, changed settings back to return to home. After a minute of being in the air, stated Aircraft Disconnected. No sticks or buttons on remote or phone had any effect on Mavic. Mavic hovered there. Then had a vibration and it kicked back into life. Kept on landing it, turning off, restarting it. Compass, etc. No luck. The last time it went to return to home, (I nearly had a heart attack because I forgot I put it in rth.) Came down ok. Took home and just looked everywhere for an answer. Came across Airplane mode solved it somewhere. I was using Samsung S7 first day. Took it to work following day, had same problems with Note 4. Then remembered about flight mode, and i've had no problems. I've stuck with Note 4 aswell, had to download dji go 4 aswell as having dji go on it for phantom 3 adv. Was thinking this might cause problems but it hasn't so far. The only downside that I can think of,  is that maps won't work properly if in previous unknown area
2017-2-19
Use props
Stejnaci
lvl.1
Czechia

alloffroad Posted at 2017-2-19 14:46
I had the same issue, it was solved by putting my phone in Airplane mode when flying

great thank you , I definitelly try airplane mode . It sound it may work the phone can cause interferences very good tip. I will let u know.
2017-2-19
Use props
Stejnaci
lvl.1
Czechia

I tried yestarday and looks it helped.
It is too early to do final judgement but I think the problem is very probably resolved. (AIRPLANE MODE ON and NO DISCONNECTS)
The weather here is very bad to do big tests. My test was at night with gusty wind so I fly only 5m distance hoovering but no disconnects experienced.
I will try bigger distances soon.
THX

very appretiate the help provided
2017-2-21
Use props
eyeg4et1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85272 ft
Thailand

Why airplane mode?  You need BT to connect and data to use maps, right?  What other features does airplane mode mute that cause problems with DJI Go 4?   
2017-2-21
Use props
Stejnaci
lvl.1
Czechia

eyeg4et1956 Posted at 2017-2-21 17:45
Why airplane mode?  You need BT to connect and data to use maps, right?  What other features does airplane mode mute that cause problems with DJI Go 4?

No U do not need BT od Data
I start airplane mode as soon as I load DJI GO4 and map i actualised
since then no data or BT is needed.

I realised it causes Samsung S7 Edge it generates strong interfereces and causes complete disconnect of controller including FPV from Drone.
With airplane mode it is OK.
I tried Huawei P9 and no issues with disconnects.
2017-5-12
Use props
sreejhu1988
lvl.2
Canada

Dude, i got my mavic air like two days ago and I have the exact same issue.. my spark never had a single connection issuee. this mavic air is waste of money..
2018-5-2
Use props
sreejhu1988
lvl.2
Canada

HI Guys, I just got my new mavic air and I was so excited and i took my first flight an i am totally depressed. My mavic cannot even go to a height of my house. Its disconnect from controller and come to home. thank got atleast that is performing good. else it will land in somebody house.

I am using Iphonex,, latest dji software and latest firmware version.
I did update the firmware using dji assistant 2,, still same issue.
I downgrade the firmware using dji assistant 2,, still same issue.
I am connecting the phone to the controller using the cable. The interesting part is when i was using my spark I never had cable between iphone and my controller.. and i never got a single drop in connection.
The only difference was I was using my old iphone 6 plus...that time

.. very frustrating... Even my Spark seems to be smoother at same altitude and distance. and I nefver had a single drop in connection with controller. I am testing the mavic air in same place (infornt of my house).

Guys please advise..

Note: Mine I just bought from DJI official site.. The flame red edition. I got like yesterday..
2018-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules