Hats off to the adventurous
868 7 2017-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scott Ferguson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1425223 ft
United States

I'm fairly new to drones and have just had my p3s since Christmas, I've been reading all the post about distance and decided to test mine.
I flew over some river bottoms to 3000' got weak signal message and returned. Then flew past my backyard and over some rock cliffs towards back of property getting to about 1700' before weak signal messages I couldn't believe how far my p3s goes stock or how nervous it made me having it out that far. Hopefully with time and confidence I will be adventurous as some of you on this forum. But just wanted to say thanks for sending your machines into the abyss and inspiring us newbies !!! Thumbs up and hats off to you!
2017-2-19
Use props
Rob Weeks 9
lvl.2

United States

Ive had mine since Christmas too and just became brave enough to fly it off to 1500 feet distance, than 2000 feet distance the following day. I know what you mean about being nervous. I did see a weak controller signal message once at 900 feet and again at 1200 but it only lasted for a split second until the signal came right back. 350 feet is the maximum height I have flown up to.  You can tell how nervous I am at those distances in my videos because my hand is shaking so bad when I move the controls. Fun stuff tho!
2017-2-19
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

It comes down to faith in the gear I suppose ... once you get used to RTH use - distance then becomes an object to pursue !!

As some know I spent considerable time and effort testing combo's of FW and GO to arrive at best I considered for this. This is now moot as DJI have imposed update of Go on us.

So far tests indicate latest GO is fairly stable - so hopefully I'll be again pushing the range issues.

Nigel
2017-2-20
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

I added the Argtek Antenna, best upgrade for your P3S  am now flying 7500ft distance and 16000ft milage on some flights.
Some I flights I do are at 10200ft altitude.

2017-2-20
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

You need to have a little more faith in the equipment and the technology. Just get out an enjoy your drone.
2017-2-20
Use props
braddos
lvl.1
Canada

Black that is a sick video!!
2017-2-20
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

2017-2-20
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Hi Black ... what is your take-off elevation ? I assume you are taking off on a mountain anyway so you already have a lot of that 10200ft literally as your ZERO height ?

Nigel
2017-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules