Cracked shell, AGAIN. Will DJI ever rectify this problem??
1511 17 2017-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Capt. Wild Bill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1319180 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, I sent my P3P back to DJI in July last year because of the infamous cracks around the motor mounts screws.The turn around was a decent 2 weeks and I assumed that they had finally rectified the problem that so many of us had
experienced.
Well, apparently this CONTINUES to baffle the rocket scientists at DJI because after only 30-35 flights, I see that my P3P
has again developed cracks around the motor mount screws.
Now I know I'm not alone, because a simple search of this forum suggests that this isn't a small problem. Why does DJI
continue to sell obviously an defective product? What will it take to force DJI to fix this problem, class action suit? Maybe
some government entity requiring DJI to answer why their $900 product fails on such a large scale. Ask them why they would
continue to sell a defective product that could ultimately put peoples safety at risk..

#effedjiagain
2017-2-19
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Any answers from your scond cracked up case?
2017-2-19
Use props
Capt. Wild Bill
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-19 18:21
Any answers from your scond cracked up case?

I haven't contacted DJI yet...But I'll have to ship it back to them, again..
Pain in the ass...
2017-2-19
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Capt. Wild Bill Posted at 2017-2-19 18:24
I haven't contacted DJI yet...But I'll have to ship it back to them, again..
Pain in the ass...

I feel your pain man... Knock on wood  5 drones and so far all good. I hate to be in your shoes...
2017-2-19
Use props
Capt. Wild Bill
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I've got a 4 too, no issues with that.
I just can't understand why DJI continues to bury their head in the sand and still sell an obviously deficient product that could endanger the same people who buy their products.
That's just crappy corporate policy.
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We're very sorry to hear your experience. You may need to send it in again.  DJI is aware of this issue and its engineers are always testing new materials that can be used on future products.
2017-2-19
Use props
Capt. Wild Bill
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-19 19:14
We're very sorry to hear your experience. You may need to send it in again.  DJI is aware of this issue and its engineers are always testing new materials that can be used on future products.

No offense Thor, but DJI has known this is an issues for quite some time. And it's painfully obvious that they haven't done a single thing to fix the problem other then to simply replace the cracked shells and pray it doesn't happen again. Total BS...
2017-2-20
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Superglue is the answer.
2017-2-20
Use props
flowbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124281 ft
United States

Plast-aid is the answer.
2017-2-20
Use props
Scootchu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20102 ft

United States

I have a P3A that I fly for the college where I work. It has cracks under one motor (black) and DJI says send it back, but hasn't said  whether it's covered under the warranty. I wish they weren't so vague in that regard. It is a hassle to begin with let alone the vagueness.
2017-2-21
Use props
DanielJacobsson
lvl.2

Sweden

Dji´s shells are a scandal and even a bigger scandal is that Dji don't care about this, it seems. Give us a better shell or our money back maybe...
2017-2-21
Use props
fans618e3535
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69321 ft
Canada

March 2 2017 Looks like DJI is still not admitting there is an issue. I was told I was out of luck 10 flights no crashes... Would think twice about buying another. Sent e-mail to them today awaiting a reply. Service rep on the phone would not admit to anything.

Dave
2017-3-2
Use props
Dead end theory
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39636 ft

South Korea

Does DJI cover the shell replacement?
2017-3-3
Use props
Kima
New
Flight distance : 519403 ft
Philippines

Dead end theory Posted at 2017-3-3 04:14
Does DJI cover the shell replacement?

They did with my P3A.

I bought it from an authorized reseller store in my area.
I just had to email DJI and I was asked to send pictures of the crack, invoice where and when it was purchased. It was approved and  I was then directed to a DJI representative in my region who then cc'ed the authorized service center to take care of my problem. Shipping to and from the Service Center was shouldered by the store.

Really glad that DJI didn't leave a customer alone in times of warranty claims.
2017-3-3
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149101 ft
United States

I crashed my PSA in Feb. I purchased a new shell from Adorama.com for $65. It was a DJI shell. It was the updated version that was reinforced at motor mounts. Swapped it over myself. And works perfect. So if you dont want to send it in to DJI. You could go that route? If you the time to swap everything over to new shell. About 2 1/2 hours. Not very hard to do. Just small screws to deal with. No soldering to do.
2017-3-3
Use props
Kima
New
Flight distance : 519403 ft
Philippines

TSAT Posted at 2017-3-3 08:10
I crashed my PSA in Feb. I purchased a new shell from Adorama.com for $65. It was a DJI shell. It was the updated version that was reinforced at motor mounts. Swapped it over myself. And works perfect. So if you dont want to send it in to DJI. You could go that route? If you the time to swap everything over to new shell. About 2 1/2 hours. Not very hard to do. Just small screws to deal with. No soldering to do.

Yes, I've read about the new and reinforced shell in a forum. I was hoping that this is what they replced mine with. However, when I asked the Service Center if they used the "reinforced" shell...I didn't get any response.
2017-3-3
Use props
fans618e3535
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69321 ft
Canada

Well, I did talk to a dji rep on the phone and was told  I was out of luck for stress cracks!!! . The rep did  however told me to send it in for repair at my cost. Reading the forums i see most initiate on line chat and seemed to have positive results. Yesterday I did the same and yes better service they asked me a bunch of questions and asked for pictures then sent me the UPS shipping labels and instructions on how to send it back. It's now on the way to DJI North America. I will write back the results. Save yourself the phone call and due you're warranty claim online it's obvious phone support is not educated in this manner. Not trying to be difficult just asking DJI to to the right thing.

Dave
2017-3-5
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149101 ft
United States

Kima Posted at 2017-3-3 17:29
Yes, I've read about the new and reinforced shell in a forum. I was hoping that this is what they replced mine with. However, when I asked the Service Center if they used the "reinforced" shell...I didn't get any response.

When you do get the shell replaced, you can get the quick connect prop guards. That's what I have . I don't use the prop guards. But the part that they snap in, comes with longer motor screws and they screw to the bottom of shell and into the motors. That reinforces the shell for motor tork. I got a set of 2 white and 2 red. put the red on the front an it also helps see which way you drone is facing. I know its not a fix? but I do know it helps. when I crashed ,it broke my shell in several places. but where the mounts where. And they also make a set of reinforcements for motors out of aluminum. you can find both on Amazon for around $14USD. Hope this helps?   
2017-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules