Sunset timelapse - help please experts!
859 4 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GTrusco
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi guys - after some tips please from you experts..

This was my first attempt at doing a time lapse. The things I could use some advice on are as follows;

- Adobe Premiere doesnt let you use Warp Stabilizer & Speed up the clip - so how do I minimize/remove any shake?
- I didnt use an ND filter as i figured when the sun does start going down quite low it would make the image too dark, but there was some glare from the sun?
- Just any tips in general well received!

thanks all in advance

GT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9GJPlVNFMY
2017-2-20
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

- You need to nest the clip, maybe speed first, nest it, then apply the warp stabiliser. Think it's on the Clip menu

- Would a polarising filter help with the glare?

I think you need more stabilisation, or frame by frame adjustments. Use the sun as the reference point and keep it the same spot on every frame.

2017-2-20
Use props
GTrusco
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-2-20 03:04
- You need to nest the clip, maybe speed first, nest it, then apply the warp stabiliser. Think it's on the Clip menu

- Would a polarising filter help with the glare?

Thats great thanks! Will look at getting a polariser, any you recommend?
2017-2-20
Use props
Fruxen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1370630 ft
Sweden

As Matt-and-Riley said, use "Nest". Right click on the clip, choose Nest, and apply the stabilizer and speed on the different levels.

My editing tip is to set the Warp Stabilizer to "Motion" and dial down the effect way down to something like 5-10%. That way you will retain just a tiny bit of smooth motion that will make your shot look a bit more natural, instead of everything being completely static.
2017-2-20
Use props
chainmon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3268566 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nest the clip after warping or speed. I am thinking speed first--nest--warp.
2017-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules