1276 8 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nunno
New
Flight distance : 224469 ft
Australia

Please help.
I have only had my mavic for 1 week and already having issues with it loosing gps signal and going in to atti mode and then drifting/toilet bowling.
the firmware is upto date, compass and IMU calibrated the only thing not calibrated is the gimbal as it calibrates to 77% then stalls for approx mins then the error message is dispalyed advising that the calibration has failed.

Please please help. I am scared to fly it at the moment.

yours
Nunno
2017-2-20
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You really need to resolve the gimbal calibration. Please check this DJI video to make sure your gimbal is seated correctly.

Although it can take a few minutes, I never fly until I have good GPS before taking off.
2017-2-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Unknown why you're losing GPS connection when you state that you had a connection with 17, but have you checked the conditioun of the dual IMU and compass sensors (Main Controller settings / Sensors)? That will give you an overall view of sensor health. Also, are you close to ground when it's drifting? Have you performed a VPS calibration? How about a controller stick calibration?
2017-2-21
Use props
Shapelizer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12562 ft
Norway

I was in contact with DJI support regarding somewhat the same issue. They told me to downgrade to the earlier firmware. I did, and now I will see the results tomorrow when I fly again. I will try to post here afterwards.
2017-2-23
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You wouldn't be using a metallic skin by any chance? That possibly could be a issue for some.
2017-2-23
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

You could have 100 satellites and still lose gps... The number of satilites has zero relevance to connection strenth... This is most likley not a problem at all.. If the mavic is recieving intermittent,weak signals or signals that contradict the drones internal sensors it will stop using gps ... Which is exactly what its meant to do.

Possibly a fault with the harware/software but more than likley interference.
2017-2-23
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2017-2-23 11:27
You could have 100 satellites and still lose gps... The number of satilites has zero relevance to connection strenth... This is most likley not a problem at all.. If the mavic is recieving intermittent,weak signals or signals that contradict the drones internal sensors it will stop using gps ... Which is exactly what its meant to do.

That sounds interesting. Do you have more details in what situation the Mavic stops using the GPS even if the quality of signal is fine?
2017-2-23
Use props
harfordhawk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18668 ft
United States

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2017-2-23 11:27

my experience is the same as OP.  Same area I always fly in with no problems  and everything calibrated It  will drop gpshealth out of the blue.  I think it is getting erroneous data from the compasses or something. Doesn't happen often, but unexplained is the main problem. I hope DJI will take this seriously, but to date, they have not.
2017-2-23
Use props
fansc2962bbc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

z4k4tt4ck . You say when the Mavic recives GPS signals that contradict the internal sensors it will stop using GPS. Thats interesting. Many have reported sudden loss off GPS signal and Ihave ben wondering what happend. Is there some sensors that have  positioning function like GPS ?  I know there are double compasses for heading and double IMUs for stability . IMU consists of accelormeter, barometer , thermometer  and gyroscope right ? And then we have the ultrasound sensors and vision sensors for collision avoidance and stability whilst hoovering. But for positoning the actual lokation off the aircraft regarding where it is on the map so to speak we only have the GPS or ?  
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules