Device/DJI Go App macroblocking
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shoot.Skyline
New

United States

Hello all,
Here is my issue:

Whenever I take my P3 pro up in flight, it appears to have a macroblocking issue. It is nearly impossible to fly the drone by camera only beause the display shows a significant amount of lag and 'refreshing'. HOWEVER, Whenever I playback the videos, they are as smooth as can be. This leads me to believe that it is either a hardware(camera transmitter) or software problem.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a simple fix?

PLEASE HELP!

2017-2-20
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The video downlink to the RC unit is a downscaled 720p feed, and it is also at a relatively low bitrate, this is because it is not practical to send the full resolution feed. But once it arrives at the RC unit, it then depends greatly on how good the device is that is displaying it. What are you using for display?
2017-2-20
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Skyline,

Geebax has got you covered.  Work with him.  Once you get him the information he needs, he will be able to guide you through your issues.  Of course we will be observing and pipe in when ever we have something good.  Your problem is very manageable.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-20
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

It seems like they're all doing it for some reason think the companies doing it either because of law or they want people to buy the new models
2017-2-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Steve-76 Posted at 2017-2-20 15:44
It seems like they're all doing it for some reason think the companies doing it either because of law or they want people to buy the new models

That's complete rubbish.
Many flyers have no problem at all.
The Go app is quite demanding and if your device isn't up to it, or is poorly configured, you will get sub-standard results.
2017-2-20
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Which display device are you using, I suspect an Android device ?

If so then check the firmware build of the RC, and if it is at V1.8 you could try rolling it back to V1.6:-

Connect display device (with wifi connection) to RC and power both up (aircraft off).

Run DJI Go, on initial screen (where it displays aircraft type etc) at top right hand corner you will see a 'graduation hat' icon (or perhaps three lines). Hold your finger on that for about 5 seconds and release. You should now see a black screen appear with an option to roll back RC firmware. Make sure RC is well charged, takes about 5 minutes or so. Power down when complete. Restart all and check all working, you may need to relink RC to aircraft.
2017-2-20
Use props
Shoot.Skyline
New

United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-20 14:22
The video downlink to the RC unit is a downscaled 720p feed, and it is also at a relatively low bitrate, this is because it is not practical to send the full resolution feed. But once it arrives at the RC unit, it then depends greatly on how good the device is that is displaying it. What are you using for display?

Currently I tried it with an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 6 Plus.
2017-2-20
Use props
Shoot.Skyline
New

United States

Shoot.Skyline Posted at 2017-2-20 17:26

I have used the same devices on the receiving end many times before and have never had an issue. My settings have not been altered either (that I know of).
2017-2-20
Use props
Shoot.Skyline
New

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-2-20 16:25
Which display device are you using, I suspect an Android device ?

If so then check the firmware build of the RC, and if it is at V1.8 you could try rolling it back to V1.6:-

I am using an iPhone 6/ iPhone 6 plus
2017-2-20
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Shoot.Skyline Posted at 2017-2-20 17:26

Well, those are approved devices, so they should be OK.
2017-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules