Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Care Refresh - Backlogged?
1330 16 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jboyer75
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34177 ft
United States

I sent my Mavic Pro drone for a repair under DJI Care refresh. I sent it in last week and it was received on Thursday 2/16. I chatted with tech support and they said it hasn't even been looked at yet. According to them there is a heavy load of repairs in the queue.

I can understand that, but according to the repair status site, it says it will take 24 hours before its unpacked. Kinda frustrating when the site says that of you're a DJI Care refresh member and it is implied that you get expedited service.

The only thing wrong on the Magic is that a ribbon broke that controls the gimbal. I imagine the repair wouldn't take too long?

2017-2-20
Use props
Plowboy1065
lvl.1

United States

Welcome to the world of deceptive DJI marketing material
2017-2-20
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

Need to send mine in ASAP and I have an event  that I will need it for in a few weeks. Waiting for the label. Subscribing.
2017-2-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have to say, if your Mavic only needs only a slight repair doesn't give it the right to jump the Q, I would think if dji can turn around repair in two weeks, then that is not a bad result.
2017-2-20
Use props
Slow Down
lvl.4
Flight distance : 163599 ft
Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-20 15:14
I have to say, if your Mavic only needs only a slight repair doesn't give it the right to jump the Q, I would think if dji can turn around repair in two weeks, then that is not a bad result.

According to my experience, turn around time is within two weeks, sometimes even better than that.
2017-2-20
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

24 hour turn around time is under the assumption the repair engineers have nothing to repair...
2017-2-20
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

I get it, it's become common to bash DJI for everything. Sure they screwed up on the initial launch... but the DJI Refresh back log is more do to, users crashing and flying indoors. They have gone from shipping hundreds of thousands of Mavic's to now having to repair them cause people chose not to read the manual, and be careless. Just look at some of these post on here.
2017-2-20
Use props
Twisted Meadows
New

Australia

Indeed. Too many indoor crashes could have been avoided. but that's a good source of revenue for them I reckon.
I crashed mine outdoor and dji fixed it free for me.
I can't complain too much even though it took them 4 weeks.
2017-2-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We feel so sorry for the inconvenience caused, we're now trying our best to handle the cases you all reported.
Thanks very much for your supporting and understanding, hope all cases will be sorted out soon, then you can enjoy your flight.
2017-2-21
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-21 03:06
We feel so sorry for the inconvenience caused, we're now trying our best to handle the cases you all reported.
Thanks very much for your supporting and understanding, hope all cases will be sorted out soon, then you can enjoy your flight.

Any way we could get word on what's going on? Is it just waiting on a shipment or lack of technicians to handle the huge number of broken drones being sent it? However I understand if that's confidential and you can't tell us.
2017-2-21
Use props
Jboyer75
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34177 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-20 15:14

I don't expect my repair to supersede anyone else. I was merely pointing out that what was communicated on the website that my case would be evaluated within 24 hours instead of 72 hours was not done. If anything a more reasonable expectation should be made when submitting the drone for repair.

As it stand right now if you have DJI Care refresh, the website says to write down that you have that service on the box to get your repair done quickly. That is evidently note the case.
2017-2-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Jboyer75 Posted at 2017-2-21 11:47
I don't expect my repair to supersede anyone else. I was merely pointing out that what was communicated on the website that my case would be evaluated within 24 hours instead of 72 hours was not done. If anything a more reasonable expectation should be made when submitting the drone for repair.

As it stand right now if you have DJI Care refresh, the website says to write down that you have that service on the box to get your repair done quickly. That is evidently note the case.

Well at least this might help improve things,  I just think if people just wait out the two weeks and then if repair is not back, then complain about delays, I don't believe two weeks for repair is excessive and for most people this is the case..
2017-2-21
Use props
fans464c96e6
lvl.2

Canada

A backlog only shows how much of this product has been sent back for repair or exhcange due to defects.
2017-2-21
Use props
Becco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

A lot of the returns have been related to the camera & gimbal  -it is the week link.
I am waiting for the same thing & not because i did not read the manual  I also watched the video's.
My mavic started to drift it was less then 5 feet off the ground & I could not get it to land it clipped a fence & the gimbal now says that it is overheating. It should be an easy part to swap out possibly it could be a customer replaceable part?

I sent it in it was delivered last Thursday Feb 16th. & still not checked in. Yes we were promised quicker response on repairs if we purchase the care refresh  & I did.
2017-2-21
Use props
fansaa3da6c4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347507 ft
United States

Just got this email for my Care Refresh:"
This is a courtesy email about your repair process.

I just wanted to let you know we are running a little behind with repairs at the moment.  Due to the Holiday sales rush, returns and repair requests, we are receiving a flood of repair requests. We have received your payment and are in the process of repairing the unit. Please bare with us while we catch up. Thank you so much for your trust and reaching out.

DJI REPAIR"
I wasn't given the option for a REPAIR....is that what I'm waiting for now?
2017-2-21
Use props
Bcwewire
lvl.1
Flight distance : 384304 ft
United States

Mine has been in for 11 days now and still says waiting for repair, getting quite frustrated
2017-2-21
Use props
Zhuo
lvl.2

United States

Mine has been in for 15 days since payment confirmation.
2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules