URGENT P3P doesn't connect to the DJI App on iphone 6Plus
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
angelillogr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5930141 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all, I have the drone practical test on wednesday and I was trying to connect my Phantom 3 Professional to my iphone 6Plus and it seems that it's not connecting and I cannot work out why. I have the latest versions of all softwares in the iphone and the drone
When I go into camera view I can see a grey screen and the drone is not recognized (I can even get that grey screen without having to connect the cable), it's weird as time ago I remember I wasn't able to go into the "camera" in the app unless the drone was connected to the app....

I am attaching the pictures of the "Camera access" screen that is the one I get before going into the "Grey screen" inside the app....

Any suggestions or any help of what could be going wrong?.

Thanks so much!

image1.jpg
image2.jpg
2017-2-20
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried a known good (genuine) cable?
2017-2-20
Use props
angelillogr
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Paul, thanks for this note. I just tried a (genuine) iphone cable and the drone is connected now to the phone!, but now I have a black screen!!.
I am communicating with the camera now but for some reason the picture is black, any ideas why this could happen?.
I tried to connect to an android phone (in case is a phone issue) but I still get a black screen.
Anny suggestions of how could I test/resolve this?

Thanks so much!!
2017-2-20
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I assume you power up in this order:

Radio
Phantom
DJI Go

With the black screen are there any error messages? Either on the top status bar, or by touching the status bar to get the overall status?
2017-2-20
Use props
angelillogr
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nothing at all... I am attaching the screen shot in here
2017-2-20
Use props
angelillogr
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry here is the pict of the screen...
image1b.jpg
2017-2-20
Use props
angelillogr
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure if this would be useful but this are the software versions I have on everything:
Phone software: IOS 10.2.1
P3P  Firmware v1.10.90
DJI Application iOS Version v3.1.4.
2017-2-20
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi, go into the camera settings and make sure all settings are auto. Try reducing shutter value from 2000 to something lower - is it dark where you are? 2000 shutter is seriously fast.
And,  not being facetious - just covering all the bases - the lens cap is off?
2017-2-20
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Software versions are fine
2017-2-20
Use props
angelillogr
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You are right mate, you are brilliant!, it was that!!!.
The camera was in manual settings with 2000 shutter speed and thats why it was so dark!!.
You are good man, thanks again!
2017-2-20
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
United Kingdom

No problem! Happy you got it sorted - best of luck in your test!
2017-2-20
Use props
usere869fa217c
New

United States

I get a gimbal disconnected error even though I can move camera/gimbal just fine, no video feed just black with a DJI logo in middle of screen. I have read others with this same issue and no way to fix so far. I have tried a different device, different cord from remote and even a different remote but they all do same thing. Phantom 3 PRO was working fine for months and then all of a sudden I get this error!! HELP!!!
2017-2-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

usere869fa217c Posted at 2017-2-21 00:53
I get a gimbal disconnected error even though I can move camera/gimbal just fine, no video feed just black with a DJI logo in middle of screen. I have read others with this same issue and no way to fix so far. I have tried a different device, different cord from remote and even a different remote but they all do same thing. Phantom 3 PRO was working fine for months and then all of a sudden I get this error!! HELP!!!

You notice the error after a firmware update? or it's crashed or hard landing?
Please turn off the aircraft, unplug the cables attached to the gimbal, wait for a while, plug them again.
If it persists, then it needs to be sent in for evaluation then get it fixed by engineers.
2017-2-21
Use props
usere869fa217c
New

United States

What makes you not have the live feed on the DJI GO APP but instead have the DJI LOGO with a black screen? Can this be a bad gimbal ribbon?  
2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules