IPhone5 problem with DJI go app
2423 6 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PR MAVIC
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Is it just me or are other users experiencing problems using a iPhone5 with the DJI go app ?
It intermittently connects with the 5 but the other halfs 6s connects every time without fail.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mavic pro user.

2017-2-20
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

The iPhone 5 is not supported, which is why I upgraded to a 7 -- how did you even install it?

Oh, are you using the DJI Go 3 or the 4 app? The latter version is the one that should be used with the Mavic.
2017-2-20
Use props
PR MAVIC
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-20 15:44
The iPhone 5 is not supported, which is why I upgraded to a 7 -- how did you even install it?

Oh, are you using the DJI Go 3 or the 4 app? The latter version is the one that should be used with the Mavic.

It installed fine but disconnects intermittently.
Very frustrating. Downloaded the normal go app and that does the same.
Wondering if there's any third party apps ?
2017-2-23
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

PR MAVIC Posted at 2017-2-23 13:32
It installed fine but disconnects intermittently.
Very frustrating. Downloaded the normal go app and that does the same.
Wondering if there's any third party apps ?

Are you sure you don't have a 5S? That model is supported, though you also need to be running at least iOS9. I ask because normally the Apple Store won't allow installs to devices outside the minimum specs, but maybe that's something that hasn't been set up properly by DJI.

When you say disconnects intermittently, it's disconnecting from what?

A couple things to try if you are already on iOS9 or better would be to close all apps and restart the device, enable Airplane mode after it reboots, and launch the DJI Go 4 app. This will free up all your system resources for the DJI app's use and prevent potentially interfering interruptions.

Good luck!
2017-2-23
Use props
onlytwo
lvl.2

France

I 'd been flying about 3 months my Mavic Pro with my iphone 5 -IOS 10.2.1-(not iphone 5S)  vs Dji Go 4.0.2 ,  now 4.0.4 - and learned it's not compatible with (!)  AND yet it works well without problem . Hope this will continue
2017-2-23
Use props
PR MAVIC
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Appears as though it is a 5s. Just checked serial numbers. I was convinced it was a 5 ! Thanks.

When it disconnects the picture from camera disappears and says disconnected in top left corner of the phone.

Tried different leads. iOS 10.2 so up to date there too.
2017-2-25
Use props
Vagabund
New
Flight distance : 658146 ft
Germany

Hi. For the DJI GO 4 app is IPhone 5s recommendet. For the DJI GO app IPhone 5 worked very well till update 18. of april. They removed the mavic from DJI GO app. Now on my IPhone 5 appears I shall use the DJI GO 4 app ... and who wonders, it doesnt work. This is not very nice. I wish i could return to version before 18. of april but it seems I need to spend some money for getting a new "screen" for my mavic. In future I will avoid DJI products. Its not mine that I need to buy hardware to use a software which worked before update.
2017-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules