Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Horizon Issues Possible Temporary Fix
937 8 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

I've had the Pro+ now since it first came out.  The firmware is up to date.  I have calibrated the compass done an IMU calibration and calibrated the gimbal, several times.
Everything seems in great working order (except 4K video transmission), all diagnostics check out and I get no error messages.   However the horizon is clearly off every time I fly.  
So I have looked in to the issues a little bit and I did one simple test.  I put double sided tape on the gimbal to counter-weight the downhill side.  I used tiny washers and went from very light to medium light.  I eventually found the sweet spot and have been getting much better results.  When studying the gimbal, the weight distribution on its roll axis seems to be too heavy on the drop down camera support side.  I wonder if this is part of the problem others are having as well or if it is just mine.   I also noticed that my drone has an issue with the battery well.  The battery is not completely flush with the well.  I'm wondering if there was a batch of drones with a few minor engineering issues.   Anyone else have similar symptoms?
2017-2-20
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, has it been like this since you have had the drone?, or only happened recently? how bad is it?
Could you correct it with the manual gimbal roll adjustment in the app?
2017-2-20
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-2-20 15:48
Hi, has it been like this since you have had the drone?, or only happened recently? how bad is it?
Could you correct it with the manual gimbal roll adjustment in the app?

Yup, been like this since day one.  I cannot fix it with gimbal roll adjustments
2017-2-20
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Australia

24ctDrone Posted at 2017-2-20 15:50
Yup, been like this since day one.  I cannot fix it with gimbal roll adjustments

Does it make any light ticking noises? also have you had image or video problems? just a thought I't maybe the covers or the ribbon cable not seated properly, but I'm sure you would have checked all that.
2017-2-20
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-2-20 15:57
Does it make any light ticking noises? also have you had image or video problems? just a thought I't maybe the covers or the ribbon cable not seated properly, but I'm sure you would have checked all that.

Ribbon Cable is fine, no ticking noises, and MAJOR transmission issues in 4k.60fps and high frame rates
2017-2-20
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Australia

24ctDrone Posted at 2017-2-20 16:00
Ribbon Cable is fine, no ticking noises, and MAJOR transmission issues in 4k.60fps and high frame rates

Are the issues just to the monitor or also on the SD card?
I think the transmission is a known problem that has to be addressed yet.
2017-2-20
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-2-20 16:05
Are the issues just to the monitor or also on the SD card?
I think the transmission is a known problem that has to be addressed yet.

Here are all known issues that I am having with my P4Pro+. I cannot speak for anyone else.

Gimbal/Horizon issues
Battery Well not flush with any batteries
High Frame Rate Video Transmission drops
SD Card Playback Errors. unreadable on larger cards or with 4k video.
SD card slot does not seem to work on controller anymore.
2017-2-20
Use props
DJI-Crooked
lvl.1

United States

DJI doesn't seem to have made a proper horizon level a real priority. This has been going on for a loooong time.

For something as simple has the constant wind warnings (even in no wind) they have yet to fix it.

Don't expect DJI to adequately address ensuring that the horizon is level much more frequently. It might be a hardware and design limitation of their gimbals and they aren't willing to put money or time into redesigning a gimbal which can consistently maintain a level horizon.

Telling their online support is completely useless. They pretend they have never heard of this issue even though it has been going on for years. They pretend that the constant wind warnings are news to them as well, even though it is a glaringly obvious bug to anyone and has been spoken about as nauseum for a couple months now.
2017-2-21
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Crooked Posted at 2017-2-21 09:38
DJI doesn't seem to have made a proper horizon level a real priority. This has been going on for a loooong time.

For something as simple has the constant wind warnings (even in no wind) they have yet to fix it.

Why would they admit they've heard of it.  They may have to fix it!  They've had far worse issues then anything GoPro could dream up.  I'm not sure if I'm more suprised that GoPro issued a recall or that DJI hasn't.   I still wouldn't fly your Inspire 1 with a TB47 Battery!
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules